Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

@Pent: Thxies for the summary! Much appreciated :3

@Bells: Just a month until finals start, last maths exam was quite the failure (I did pass, but it was quite painful, especially since I'm usually not that bad at maths). Also there's some small oral exams coming (I volunteered since I wanted to spice up the grades a bit, this was by far my weakest year), so yeah, I'm pretty busy ATM.

In other news, my turtle died a few days ago :/ She never woke up from her winter sleep...

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

So, I now have a more portable external HDD to take with me on my trip. I'm slowly knocking down stuff from my "need" list... :3

Bella

@Paul: I'm so sorry to hear about your pet turtle. : ( How old was she?

@Pent: If I go on a trip, I still need an entire laptop.

I mean, I need one for other reasons to and I really miss having a portable computer and being able to use a computer wherever I want. But it would be nice to have one for 10+ hour trips places. >_>

Nichi

Well, if you keep an eye on your local craigslist, you could find a decent, although a few years old, one for around $150-$200 on average :3

Chocofreak13

@bells: thought you had a laptop?
@paul: ;^; RIP turtle
we had a pet turtle when i was a kid. her name was tushay, and we inherited her from my aunt when she passed away in 2000. tushay was with us for a couple years, and despite a couple events (finding out that our 'boy' turtle was actually a girl, lol; outgrowing tanks, etc), lived a peaceful and happy life with us. till the day my dad woke up and she wasn't in the greenhouse. considering the place was locked and had a brick placed over the bottom corner of the door, we think she was stolen. :[

also, i feel your pain on finals. :[ just remember, don't believe in yourself: believe in me, who believes in you. :3

@pent: by then i'll be able to see my floor. so things will be good. -w-
click to make it bigger

Paul

My turtle was 8 years old... considering the normal age of hermann's tortoises she was already pretty old.
@Kari: TTGL quote? :D

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Bella

@Paul: It's good to hear she lived a full life, at least.

@Kari: Sorry about your turtle being stolen. : ( I can't imagine what it's like to have a pet go missing and not know what happened to them. : /

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on April 13, 2012, 04:06:54 PM
@bells: thought you had a laptop?

I have a ton of laptops ... only two are "modern", and of the two only one runs, and that one is a piece of crap HP (it has XP running on 256MB RAM and a 1.something ghz processor).

Chocofreak13

the fuck? thought you of all people would have a decent laptop. you always struck me as the laptop type. :\

seriously, i thought you would have had a macbook or something. >>;;

at any rate, it's okay about tushay. it's pretty depressing to think about, but getting mopey about it now won't do any good. :\
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on April 13, 2012, 08:06:49 PM
the fuck? thought you of all people would have a decent laptop. you always struck me as the laptop type. :\

seriously, i thought you would have had a macbook or something. >>;;

at any rate, it's okay about tushay. it's pretty depressing to think about, but getting mopey about it now won't do any good. :\

Nope, last time I used a laptop regularly was in 2009 ... as it stands the only contemporary computer I have is my '09 iMac.

Chocofreak13

ho jeez. >>;

then i second pent's suggestion. stalk your local craig's list. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

While you're on craigslist, you can see if you can get a trashcan of styrofoam peanuts for free </weird_al>

Anyway, today is my birthday :3
I'm ready for my epic adventure out of town

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Paul

Happy Birthday Pent! Good luck on your journey as well!!!

So I just discovered that Mountain Lion won't run on Euphy... she already expressed her terror of becoming obsolete with stubbornly refusing to spit out the DVD she's currently chewing :/