Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

My first was a yahoo account named massanda2 (because massanda was taken for some reason), that I made in...waay back. Like, '98 or so.
Few years later when I REALLY wanted to start using the internet I got myself a hotmail, which I named with the same standard...which is still my main shitmail/msn and stuff. Not that I use it, but it's good for throwaway.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

first email = same time as gaia online account

january 06'
click to make it bigger

Remilia

This one back when it was free. I think it was around year 2000...

Bella

This is totally OT, but: I tried googling my full name (first/second/surname) and turned up ZERO RESULTS.

Thank you parents and brother for giving me a really rare middle name. (And it's a male name too, which would make it a good pen name if I ever become an author someday and want to obscure my gender, lol.)

NejinOniwa

This is topicless, Bella, everything/nothing is OT here.

Besides, I have much the same. Get a few results from orienteering competitions way back, but that's basically it - since I've never used that name for anything on the internet...

Pitkin

Bella, did you google with or without quotation marks? If with, me too. x) My first name's spelling is very rare in Finland, and the last name's fairly obscure too. Without quotation marks it brings results because my middle name is very common on the other hand.

NejinOniwa

Welp, on the other hand, I never get unrelated results, seeing as the clan surname is an unique one. ^^
Spoiler: ShowHide
aside from the sicilian mafiosos we share it with that is

Red-Machine

Googling my name, despite its rarity, brings many results.  Apparently, I'm a professor of computing at the University of California, an executive at a major financial institution and a record holding badminton player.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Bella

@Pitkin: Yep, I googled it in quotation marks. Outside of quotation marks I tend to get a lot of results, because of my not-unheard of first- and surname.

@Nej: Have you ever accidentally been contacted by mafioso tracing their genealogy/trying to find lost family members? .__.;

@Red: I wouldn't have guessed your name was so common ... on the flip side, it looks like you share it with some cool people. ^^;;

Red-Machine

I found out the first one because Dr. Christopher Langridge designed the computer graphics for Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Nichi

@Red: Awesome, man

@Bella: Searching my name, apparently I'm both (A) some random guy older than my dad, and (B) a murderer who was locked away in prison in '07. Those are the only two results for searching my full name with quotation marks

Anyway, today was fun, if tiring and really not accomplishing anything. Almost had myself a circa '04 small-scale Dell server for $15 at a local thrift store, but it was already sold when I found it. Too bad; I would have thrown Fedora Server at it and unite the fleet with it's awesomeness :\

Chocofreak13

@pent: i would have tried to buy that server from you if you had gotten it. :3
@google: i've always been afraid to google myself, though i've wanted to. but here goes....
legal name: i'm a french soccer captain (and according to white pages there's no one in the US with this name)
full legal name: nuthin'
'preferred' name: first two are my twitter (twitter account and then my post about jerry springer), second two are my facebook
full 'preferred' name: nuthin'

i should note that all of these were in quotes.

so guys. 4 sailor moon shirts. 3 vocaloid tshirts. and some dr. who tshirts.

DAMMIT CON WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO BE PAST SO I CAN BUY THESE.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Hope you get those shirts! ^_^

So, I have the house to myself today. What to do...

stewartsage

So, I don't think I mentioned this to anyone here yet, but tomorrow morning I have to drive three hours to Harpers Ferry to be sworn in as a federal Park Ranger.  They told me Friday.  At 2PM.

Nichi

Cool ^_^

If you see a talking bear wearing a tie stealing picnic baskets, get pics :3