Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Well, coming to visit you was one of my ideas, so sure :3
Although, I think Kari has plans on picking you up and taking you with us to Boston. IDK what she's planning yet

Which, random question: is your Birfmas gift for me in the mail?
(Well, the late Christmas gift ^_^; )

Chocofreak13

@bella: i don't live 100 miles away. >>;
@pent: i'm not sure either. i was thinking we could take the bus in (bella too, from plymouth), then meet up in the city and ride the bus back to my place that night. (probably a late bus like the 10pm, so we can all get a seat to ourselves).

i have found one of the benefits of leather furniture. when you attack it in a rage, it won't rip.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Sounds good. How much do bus tickets usually run?

Chocofreak13

20 bucks, round trip. if it's any consolation, student discount only shaves off 1 dollar, so it's expensive for me, too. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Not too bad, really. I was expecting $50+

Bella

I think it costs me ~$50 for a round-trip from the nearest bus stop to Boston. :/

@Kari: According to Google Maps, it's 84 miles from my town to yours, so I was off but still close.

Nichi

So, start saving money for it >:3

Bella

>saving money
>assumes I have a job

Actually, the last thing I got paid for was that photography job in RI, and then I got paid in....... old computer. (Since dad lent me $150 for the DEC Pro.) I have my credit card and am allowed to make reasonable purchases with that, but if I need a fairly large chunk of money, I have to ask for it and hope my reason for needing it is good enough. >>;

Nichi

Well, maybe you'll find some way of earning money between now and then. If not, I'm sure Kari and I can think of a solution :3

Bella

>Goes into consignment shop
>finds baby harp
>starts playing with baby harp, realizes how fun it is
>AW FUCK I WANT TO LEARN THE HARP NOW!

For those of you keeping a running count, I now want to learn the theremin, guitar, harp and various synthesizers. And I have zero musical skill. >>

Chocofreak13

musical skill is something that is usually there, but can be learned. i'd try to get the harp at the shop if i were you. :3

also, boston isn't THAT expensive. :\
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Having a random conversation with one of my friend and this question popped up:

When did you open your first email account and what was it?

Mine was Yahoo!, waaaaaaaay back in 1998.  Still have it, but don't use it due to the vast levels of spam.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Nichi

Mine was Yahoo, back in about '03 or so. Still use that same address to this day, with only minimal spam (Like, 1 spam e-mail every 3 months or so)

stewartsage

Hotmail, though I don't use it any more because I'm trying to avoid most of the people that know it.

Bella

I've had a yahoo account since 2005, though I don't use that one any more on account of forgetting the password. >>;