Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

Hell yeah >:3

Join the Cult of Penti. It's a madhouse, or so they claim

Bella

Horrifying fact: Neither of my parents had their wisdom teeth out 'cause they never had a crowding problem 'cause of having SO MANY OTHER MOLARS OUT. Dental care wasn't so awesome in 1960s Michigan apparently. -w-

I don't have a Twitter, but I do have a Tumblr...

Chocofreak13

that's badassly painful. xD my dad's dentist was appearantly pretty piss-poor too, using too-big drills and fillings, so he needs a lot of crowns now. xD

so guys, my sister came back from ohio, with gifts! she looked all over for a snow globe or a waffle house tshirt, but i guess they didn't have any. :\ so i got a new york snow globe instead. :3 i also got Werewolf: The Apocalypse and Vampire: The Masquerade! ^^ hard copies of both core books, so now i can study up on the systems and do better crossovers. ^^

i also got FAYYYYYGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~~~

in sadder news, my Aunt Ruth died. ;^;
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

I have the videogame version, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.  Awesome shiz right there.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Nichi

@Bella: Wow; that's hardcore

@Kari: Awesome on the drink and books, but sad that your aunt died ;_;

Chocofreak13

@red: i have .pdfs of everything, but i like having the hard copies regardless. my sister lucked out even more; she got a copy of Mage: The Ascension. new copies of those start at $75, and the condition hers is in could net her at least $90.

@pent: it's so rare here i almost don't want to drink it. xD

as for my aunt, she was going to be 91 this year, and she was sane and ballsy up till the very end (where she started to drift off and think Eisenhower was president). she'll be sorely missed, but she passed away at her son's home in vegas, where he was doting on her and making her comfortable. that alone is a really big comfort. :[

mum says they'll likely do something in memoriam in woodstock in the spring, so if she attends i asked to go with her. :\
click to make it bigger

Paul

@Bells: Yikes, I've also only recently discovered that my upper right wisdom tooth starts coming. That makes two in progress (upper left + upper right). Combine that with my irrational fear of dentists and you'll see that I'm NOT PLEASED :S

@Kari: I didn't know your aunt but let me offer you my condolences regardless.

Nichi

I honestly do not think my wisdom teeth exist at all. I'm nearly 21, so shouldn't they have at least started to surface by now, seeing as every other person on the planet started having theirs grow in around 17 at the earliest? Should I consider skipping on my trip to plunk down $1k+ to go to a dentist to see what the hell is going on?*

*Keeping in mind that deer old mom dropped me from her health insurance policy as soon as I started working; as everybody, myself included, where under the impression I'd be working full-time in just a few months, which would include health insurance as a benefit. Well, 2+ years later and nothing, no thanks to either of my bosses; one was too lazy to push through the paperwork, the other seems to feel I don't deserve benefits

Bella

Sorry to hear about the passing of your aunt, Kari. It's good to hear that she was mostly cognizant and able to be with her family until the end, though. A lot of people don't have that privilege.

Quote from: Paul on February 21, 2012, 10:25:02 AM
@Bells: Yikes, I've also only recently discovered that my upper right wisdom tooth starts coming. That makes two in progress (upper left + upper right). Combine that with my irrational fear of dentists and you'll see that I'm NOT PLEASED :S

That sucks. : / I know exactly what you're going through, while i can't say I'm afraid of dentists in the traditional sense I AM really scared of dental surgery (moreso than surgery on other parts of my body, in fact). Just try to keep the emerging teeth clean with brushing and flossing, even if the area is sensitive, and keep getting dental checkups and yearly xrays to keep track of their growth.

Quote from: PentiumMMX on February 21, 2012, 10:32:26 AM
I honestly do not think my wisdom teeth exist at all. I'm nearly 21, so shouldn't they have at least started to surface by now, seeing as every other person on the planet started having theirs grow in around 17 at the earliest? Should I consider skipping on my trip to plunk down $1k+ to go to a dentist to see what the hell is going on?*

I can also sympathize with you, I hate not having health insurance. If you're curious about what's going on with your wisdom teeth, you should ask your dentist about them at your next checkup and see if you can get bitewing xrays done. Dental care is expensive but preventative stuff is cheap in comparison, I doubt that a checkup + xrays would cost more than a couple hundred bucks...

Nichi

Well, I don't think we actually have a designated dentist. I've never been to a dentist as far as I can remember, and my sister only went once about 10 years ago to have some baby teeth that simply would not come out pulled. I'll see if I can get an estimate to have this looked into and book an appointment. I'd be nice to know what's going on

In other news, a minor annoyance today. I bought myself lunch at Taco Bell today; hoping to get a code to enter their contest to win a PlayStation Vita (Even though my PSP is perfectly fine, a Vita would be neat to have for when the games I do want arrive in stores)...but they where out of the boxes with the code >_<
My burrito was still good, at least :3

Chocofreak13

@pent: good to hear about the burrito, but....

YOU'VE NEVER BEEN TO THE DENTIST.

WHAT THE FUCK.

okay, you need to go.....NOW. as my mother says (and i agree), not going to the doctor is one thing because the body can heal itself. the teeth can't. ><;;;

@bella: right now i'm the only one in the family with health insurance. :\ it's forced upon me, but since i get sick the most it's nice to have.

also, thanks for the condolences. we can all rest a little easier knowing that she's not suffering. hate to make the comparison, but it's like with olive.

click to make it bigger

Nichi

I'll call tomorrow to see if I can get an estimate on how much a checkup will be.

But, even with how paranoid my mom was when I was a kid, trips to the doctor where only for shots or if something was seriously wrong; like when I broke out in hives from some sketchy chocolate I ate back in '98 or so. I've never had routine checkups in all 21 years of existence, from what I can tell looking at my medical records :\

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on February 21, 2012, 10:53:21 PMas my mother says (and i agree), not going to the doctor is one thing because the body can heal itself. the teeth can't. ><;;;

Seconding this, it's good to have a physical every few years and go to the doctor if you think there's something wrong with your health, but once you notice something wrong with your teeth it's too late. : /

I'm just surprised you've never run into any problems before, you must take good care of your teeth.

Nichi

Well...I almost never use toothpaste; I just brush to scrub off the plaque, and rinse with mouthwash followed by water. I don't seem to have any problems from what I can tell, but then again, I don't know anything about dentistry ^_^;;