Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

I barely even recognized the area when I first saw the overlay, so, yeah.

stewartsage

I can't stop thinking of the word panopticon and it's pissing me off.

Chocofreak13

i have some use for that map. send it over. :3

@pent: pizza is totally a gaming accessory.
click to make it bigger

Bella

Panopticon is a pretty cool word to have stuck in your head though...

Chocofreak13

WHAT DOES IT MEAN.

(and i'm not even talking double rainbows here!)
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

It's a prison architecture style where one central observer can see all points in the institution.

Now I'm pissed at the internet for ruining my fun/mood again.

IanDanKilmaster

I think I saw a program on the history channel about that. Wasn't it conceived by Jeremy Bentham, or am I thinking of David Hume?

The Choice of a New Generation.

Red-Machine

I'm more a fan of the spoke and wheel design.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

i'm a fan of the design that keeps prisoners in. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Kari: True that :3

So, it's now official that my parents are going on their trip to Florida, so I'll have the house to myself one weekend toward the end of the month! Yay!

Bella

Just as some people are angry (or happy) drunks or lazy potheads, I've discovered my dad is a condescending pain medication user. Also, I have to drive him every freaking place while he's on those meds/until his kidney stone issues resolve themselves. I suggested that he just, I don't know, NOT use his meds for awhile so could actually drive a vehicle and his reply was something like "You'd be on pain meds too if it felt like you had a knife in your side!" to which my reply was "No," since I have a spectacular abdominal pain threshold, to which his reply was "Yes you would." and I just decided to shut up because engaging him in an argument would probably be an all-afternoon affair with him in his uberbitchy state. Why the hell doesn't he go back to the hospital if it's bothering him so much? ><

Quote from: stewartsage on February 10, 2012, 03:24:19 AM
It's a prison architecture style where one central observer can see all points in the institution.

Now I'm pissed at the internet for ruining my fun/mood again.

Oddly enough, I actually knew what that word means.

What happened? (The internet ALWAYS be doing that to me).

Chocofreak13

@bella: *hugs* ik what it's like to deal with bitchy people. draw the line at to what you're willing to give in to, and after that just roll it off your shoulder. also, avoid confrontation as much as possible. if you can, just avoid them as much as possible. :\

@pent: hope nej is available then, sounds like a perfect weekend to start the game. :3
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

That's because its components are "pan" and "optic" dear.

Yeah Dan, it was Bentham.

Red, you mean like Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia?

Nichi

@Kari: Agreed. I'll have to double-check, but I think I'll have the house to myself for 5 days; from Saturday to Wednesday, so it'll be perfect for the game :3
Hey; maybe I can get a chance to call somebody on Skype ^_^

Chocofreak13

there's a good idea. and you did your coding wrong. :3
click to make it bigger