Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

PFFT

Yes, as my mom would confess. Teaholics. ^^;
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

It is beyond FUCKING WEIRD that my ISP just made me register this connection. Also, now I can't sign onto YIM. THANKS A FUCKING LOT TIME WARNER CABLE.

Nichi

That's odd. I've never heard of registering your internet collection :/

Chocofreak13

@pentium: *connection
freudian slip? xD

@bella: take it up with the company?

so we were chased out of the house today
i'm at my grandparent's
gonna chill here till mum gets out of work
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Yeah. I was typing too fast ^_^;;;

In other news, I have an original PlayStation again. Now, I can mess around with FF7's Debug room again, among other cool Gameshark codes

Bella

UGH WHY ARE NONE OF MY YIM CONTACTS AROUND ON THE DAY OF THE YIMPOCALYPSE?! It's driving me goddamn bonkers not having anyone to test Adium with. >:/

Also, Stew's usual evasiveness/not bothering to answer messages is being interpreted as OMGWTFBBQCONNECTIONISSUES which is making me even more upset. Especially now that we're both using non-YIM clients (Pidgin and Adium), which I'm having trouble keeping from likening to putting two different-language-speaking people and two terrible translators in a room together and expecting them to carry on a halfway cohesive discussion. : \

Chocofreak13

KEEP CALM AND DON'T BLINK.

@pentium: screw cheat codes. JUST DO IT.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

For me, it's less about "infinite lives and instant-level to 99", but more about stuff like Debug Mode or accessing lost levels in Crash Bandicoot :3

Chocofreak13

fair enough. i'd like to play bonus areas. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

So, with my dual monitor setup on 2k, I discovered something cool:

In Virtualbox, you can set it to have the guest OS running full-screen on the 2nd screen, with the host keeping the main screen to itself. So, it feels like I'm running two OSes at the same time; right now, I have 2000 to my left and 7 to my right >:3

Bella

I seem to have gotten YIM working again. Still all shaken up over what happened this morning though. :/

Also, now I'm scared about Stew being missing and all (or, you know, signed in as online but unreachable). Kinda panicked that he got locked out of his room or something. ><

Chocofreak13

@bella: what i said before.
@pentium: like a boss?

so guys. my sister's horse just faced down a frost dragon in skyrim.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

IanDanKilmaster

@Bella:
I know Pidgin will occasionally eff up with messenger clients entirely, but it's usually resolved by the next version release.  That's probably why they update so frequently (prolly the closest a normal program can get to update as frequently as an antivirus).

@Choco:
Yeah, Skyrim has a thing about dragons - it spawns a f**kton of them.  Seriously, it's like "3 in-game days since you fought a dragon?  HERE'S ANOTHER!", they effectively killed any epicness dragons have in that world doing so.   They scale to your level, which means that early on, even friggin' MUDCRABS can kick their ass.  I do enjoy the fact that hostiles belonging to different factions actually attack each other, makes the game feel more alive... and easier if you need it.

So yeah, I thought I'd be able to post when I came home from work, but that 12-hour shift killed my knees, shins, and feet.  I couldn't bring myself to walk to the keyboard after that. 
Maybe I should become a town guard in Skyrim.
  So yeah, I go in again at 7 tonight for another 12 hour shift, but you know it, I'm excited to go back.  I actually enjoy working there, and I'm very happy to come home feeling the pain.  It's a feeling I've missed for awhile, the feeling of work being done.  It's the feeling of productivity.

The Choice of a New Generation.