Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

@bella: room temp. we didn't cook it or anything (soaking the rice in water would defeat the purpose, no?)

@red: i lol'd. and i learned some new techniques for photoshop. :3

currently posting from what was my third class (he let us out early). 3/4 classes and i don't have a single friend. forever alone ;v;
click to make it bigger

Pitkin

I'm sorry to hear about the no friends, choco. Reminds me of the economics classes from a few years ago. It was quite depressing. ._. Do you mean that you don't know anyone yet and everyone else already has friends there? ><

NejinOniwa

I accidentally my spoon in the freezer when icecream.

TUNG SHTUK >_>

Also, finally got the new router installed.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

@nej: nice one. and congrats on fresh new internets.

@pitkin: i mean i don't know anyone (well, i know one chick in my 3rd class but we don't talk anymore) and people seem to be avoiding me. so no friend here for me.

(forever alone, art school version)
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Kari: Sorry to hear that. That's how I feel at work; the only people who seem to know me are ones I can't stand, while the people I liked no longer work there

Speaking of work, the day wasn't too bad...until the damn nurses suddenly decided "It's too cold!" and cranked up the heater as high as it'll go; which was starting to make me feel sick since I'm warm-natured. I felt better once I was able to go home; it feeling great outside (It may have been misting outside, but I had my windows down anyway; it felt epic)

Chocofreak13

@pentium: hope you feel better. :\

in other news, i spoke too soon, as i know people in my 4th class and seem to be building a friendly repitoire (sp?) with the rest of the class. and i already have an idea for the final. xD maybe this semester won't be so bad. ^^\

on the bad side, i seem to fail at walking today. i've fallen up the stairs 4 times, the last one resulting in some scrapes and what will be a very, very bad bruise. ><; fucking escalators.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Kari: I'm feeling much better since I got out of there. Some fresh air and mid-50F temperatures fixed me right up :3

Chocofreak13

that's good. today was lovely temps. ^^
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

I'm not really worried about having TB; it's just a test people who work in the medical field have to take, I think.  In any case, I haven't seen any reaction on my arm so far, so I think that's a good thing.  I'm going back to the doc tomorrow for her to look at it, and then again next week to be pricked and analyzed again. ^^;

I'm glad you're feeling better, Penti.  Good for you. :3

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 24, 2012, 08:33:43 PM
in other news, i spoke too soon, as i know people in my 4th class and seem to be building a friendly repitoire (sp?) with the rest of the class. and i already have an idea for the final. xD maybe this semester won't be so bad. ^^\

In case you really wanted to know, repertoire is the word for which you were looking, although I'm not sure if it conveys the meaning you're after.  I think you might mean rapport, i.e. social bonding.  Not trying to be an ass pointing this out, just thought you might want to know.  They are both French words that resemble one another, not that hard to get them confused ^^;.

The Choice of a New Generation.

stewartsage

I did yardwork for a guy who's on the Virginia Tuberculosis Commission.

In related news, an article I wrote for a wiki was featured a few weeks ago and I didn't know.

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on January 24, 2012, 11:46:56 PM
I did yardwork for a guy who's on the Virginia Tuberculosis Commission.

In related news, an article I wrote for a wiki was featured a few weeks ago and I didn't know.

I remember you telling me about that...

As for the wiki feature on that excellent article...
congratulations!

Chocofreak13

@stew: looks interesting. :0
@dan:i hate being out grammar nazi'd. but i concede, you're right to suggest that word. but personal speech differs for everyone, so while rapport may have been a more correct word in this case, i stand by repertoire. :3

so i have to go to the doctor today. that scrape and a bad bruise turned out to be swelling and joint pain, so i'm going to make sure nothing serious is going on.
just my luck, considering i'm going to have to be lugging around the portfolio along with everything else. ><;

at least 90% of the places i'm going to are handicap accessible. :\ and i don't need to cook tonight.
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 25, 2012, 10:29:38 AMi stand by repertoire. :3

Except repertoire doesn't mean what you intended it to mean.  A repertoire is the acts performed by an actor, musician, singer or anyone who provides entertainment.  Whereas rapport means friendship or amicability.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

okay, fine, i was fucking wrong. happy? now leave me the fuck alone about it. god, at least i have some restraint in correcting people's spelling and grammar. even if you mean well it can be grating on the nerves to have someone hovering over your shoulder about every little thing like that. if it'll make you feel any better, i'll stick to the small words that can't be mixed up, like the people who failed their english classes do. would that make you happy?

[/rant]
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

And I still stand by saying writing 'then' in forum posts, because I never say 'than' when speaking.