Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krizonar

She runs super cool, so I thought, why the heck not. More dakka plz.

Nichi

Awesome, man

More power is always nice

Chocofreak13

always nice indeed.

hey guys, for anyone unfamiliar with the MBTA, here's a minor map:

http://www.gnik.com/mbta/mbta.html

(i've rode to the end of the longest green line. took me about an hour and a half from park street, which is basically the epicenter.)
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Ah, even more memories of FO 3... traversing the subways... what's left of them anyway.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Nichi

I'm eventually going to get back to FO3, once I have 2k running again in full.

Well, today got off to an interesting start. After getting home from a trip to the store (Needed pepperonis for the pizza we're going to make soon :3), I get a call from my sister the instant I step in the front door; her informing me that she'll be over tomorrow morning to take a shower before work, as the water meter was pulled at her house, and to make matters worse, the money was not going where it was needed (In their agreement with the house's owner, a portion of the money is deducted from what goes toward paying off the place to go to paying the water bill. They where not doing this). So, needless to say she wasn't in a great mood

Then, as I begin to unwind from that mom decided that she absolutely must drag me along to church, so I'm trying to stay home so I can relax before I begin working on 2k, rather than going into a place that brings back terrible memories of my childhood >_<

Bella

Thanks for the mail advice guys. I'll send the things priority, it can't be that much more than regular, right?

Quote from: PentiumMMX on January 08, 2012, 10:10:06 AM
Then, as I begin to unwind from that mom decided that she absolutely must drag me along to church, so I'm trying to stay home so I can relax before I begin working on 2k, rather than going into a place that brings back terrible memories of my childhood >_<

Why don't you just tell your mom you don't want to go? :/

Nichi

I managed to get out of it, thankfully. I think maybe she took the hint about me not getting dressed to go

Anyway, I'm finally back on 2k-tan the Desktop now. Currently reinstalling everything else, but I at least have all the major stuff installed at the moment :3

stewartsage

Quote from: Danwhat's left of them anyway.

Nah, the Metro always pretty much looked like that.

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: stewartsage on January 08, 2012, 12:19:44 PM
Nah, the Metro always pretty much looked like that.

Dilapidated and full of nuclear waste?

The Choice of a New Generation.

Chocofreak13

the subway isn't THAT bad.

@pentium: couldn't your sister take her landlord to small claims court over that? there's gotta be some legal issue here.
@bella: no, it's not much more expensive. though you have to buy the container. :\

guys, since the SOPA thread closed due to nationalism differences, i'll post this here:
http://www.sopalist.com/
i'm going to boycott as many as i can while writing letters to the companies explaining why i'm no longer going to use their services, like my brother is doing. :\

(plus, since some of the places supporting SOPA are big national chains, like walmart, boycotting them will help local business anyway. :3)
click to make it bigger

Paul

Bah, SOPA :/ *shudder*

Nichi

@Kari: I'll tell my sister that

Chocofreak13

the hardest ones to boycott will be walmart and 3m, but i'm willing to make a commitment to it.

i'm also going to have to find out what brand my mother's makeup is. if it's not on the list, she'll likely be alot more receptive to this.
click to make it bigger

Bella

Soooooo, basically all the companies? Disturbing how many photographic associations are on the list, but professional photographers have long been infamous for their extreme views on copyright law, so it's not really shocking.

Related: there need to be a bumper stickers like this:

"PROTEST THE MPAA - PIRATE MOVIES!"

or

"PROTEST THE RIAA - PIRATE MUSIC!"

I'd totally buy and display those stickers with pride. ~w~

Nichi

For me, the hardest one to boycott is Nintendo. Dammit; I want Super Mario 3D Land, and given that I'm like one of 5 people in this town with a 3DS, the chances of a used copy turning up is nonexistent >_<