Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darknight_88

uuuhhh, interesting. But isn't $150 too much for a ticket?

panda

I've heard its quite cheap for a ticket.
But its still not good.
I hope my insurence doesn't go up, if it does, I can't drive.

SleepyD

I've always liked the idea of a modern Aerial Aircraft Carrier.  No real point in making them tho, what with tankers and aerial refueling and all...

Unless we developed a huge laser and wanted an aerial platform for it. Ooh, we could add like, UCAVs onboard. It's a big laser in the sky and can protect itself! Like a souped up ABL! Wonder if this would be a blimp, flying wing, or some weird combination of the two? hm... Ahem. ok, enough fantasizing...

What were we talking about? Inkscape? Ah speaking of which, if a linux n00b (meaning: don't know a thing) like me would like to get a copy, which distro should I get?
This thing http://www.zegeniestudios.net/ldc/index.php recommended Ubuntu among a few others.

$150 for a speeding ticket? Better that what you'd prolly get here in LA.  If it makes you feel better panda I got a $50 parking ticket for parking without a valid permit. bleh.

Ultimaninja

where are you NY for a $150 ticket!?

or is this like your 3rd offense or somethin?

...can speeding tickets rise in price over time with offenses??

And how do you guys feel about the:

.hack//sign anime and .hack//infection - .hack//quarintine?
can't forget the manga of .hack to...

I have alot of info on the next releases:
.hack//G.U. (Takes place after.hack// Legend of the Twilight Bracelet w/ new protaganist)

.hack//online offline (You can play it like an mmo, but no monthly fee, and you can only link up with others in a confined area, such as a single state and such...)

panda

I'm West Coast, and this is my very first ticket.

C-Chan

QuoteI've always liked the idea of a modern Aerial Aircraft Carrier. No real point in making them tho, what with tankers and aerial refueling and all...

Unless we developed a huge laser and wanted an aerial platform for it. Ooh, we could add like, UCAVs onboard. It's a big laser in the sky and can protect itself! Like a souped up ABL! Wonder if this would be a blimp, flying wing, or some weird combination of the two? hm... Ahem. ok, enough fantasizing...

*sneaks back in*

Yeah, don't give certain "Defense Departments" more ideas to waste money on trillion-dollar paper weights.  Trust me, they'd go for it in a heartbeat.  -v-'

QuoteWhat were we talking about? Inkscape?

Yes, everyone has just agreed that you need to up your usage of it by 40% so let's get node-plotting!!  ^v^

*cheers SleepyD on*

QuoteAh speaking of which, if a linux n00b (meaning: don't know a thing) like me would like to get a copy, which distro should I get?
This thing http://www.zegeniestudios.net/ldc/index.php recommended Ubuntu among a few others.

The Oh Great Penguin God is bound to help you better with this.
Word on the street, however, is that Ubuntu really is the best distros as far as all factors (including reliability and user-friendliness) are concerned.

However, Xandros and Linspire should probably offer less of a culture shock from your Windows experience, although the latter isn't free.  (But the OS-tan is cute....) ^^'

Let us know what you come up with.  ^__^

Oh and while I'm on the subject.

CONGRATS TO NEWYINZER FOR UPGRADING!!!!!!!!  ^V^

The title "Lindows" may be a little outdated (should be "Linspire"), but at least it's different.  Variety is truly the spice of life!!  ^V^

Alfamille

QuoteQuote from : panda

I'm sorry I'm a bit pissed.
I just got a $150 ticket.

I dont blame you...I have that sitation once when I used my uncle's car for one day only :(

CaptBrenden

i borrowed a buddys truck once and side swipped a mini van.  I will never again drive a huge dulely with a tinted shell, that was asking not to be able to see.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Ultimaninja

Quote from: "C-Chan"
QuoteI've always liked the idea of a modern Aerial Aircraft Carrier. No real point in making them tho, what with tankers and aerial refueling and all...

*sneaks back in*

Yeah, don't give certain "Defense Departments" more ideas to waste money on trillion-dollar paper weights.  Trust me, they'd go for it in a heartbeat.  -v-'

Why not make walking super robots like in Mech Assault and Armored Core?
I want it to be that whenever I'm bored on a saturday night I could just hope into one and destory the hillside because I had nothing better to do!!!

CaptBrenden

i think those would be too expensive to build.  yah youcould do it, but would the tactical benifit be high enough to warent that kind of spending? and would it really be that practical?
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

SleepyD

it would be expensive to build. And I'd think even more expensive to maintain. There's a lot of moving parts in dem robotz. ^^ Things'll wear out like that! *snaps finger*

C-Chan

QuoteWhy not make walking super robots like in Mech Assault and Armored Core?
I want it to be that whenever I'm bored on a saturday night I could just hope into one and destory the hillside because I had nothing better to do!!!

*types madly on a calculator, trying to determine the cost of such a project*

*comes up with a figure that seems equal to the cost of MIR and the ISS combined*

GAAAAAAAAAAH~!!!!!!  @o@

*swoons*

*revives*

Dude, if you really need to have weapons,.... why don't you just follow the example of third-world countries and stock up on light arms by the barrel-full instead?  ^^;

Darknight_88

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"i think those would be too expensive to build.  yah youcould do it, but would the tactical benifit be high enough to warent that kind of spending? and would it really be that practical?

exactly
Walking robots, ala Gundam/Full Metal Panic/almost any mecha from anime are too unpractical. Huge targets, difficult to armor, too many moving parts, harder to maintain than a tank, and actual weapons can do the job faster and cheaper. Legs..."HIT WEAKSPOT FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE". Hard to armor, too vulnerable to RPG fire, harder and more expensive to repair than a tank thread.
A 4 legged walker, with the same size of a tank (height) would be my choice If I had to make a mech. 4 legs are usually faster, and more reliable. It'd be hard to find it a place in the military, as It couldn't be able to replace a tank,  and lighter vehicles can do the same job at a cheaper cost.

an Aerial Aircraft Carrier its way to expensive, and its a bit target in the sky...and easier to hit than an Sea Aircraft Carrier. As It'd be used to hover over the ground (would be pointless to have it stationated over the sea..), It'd be a great target for the OPFOR. Ground offers better cover for a guerrilla army, and If that army can manage to get a good number of portable missiles, It could overwhelm the carrier CIWS or ABL.

If we are talking about expensive projects, I would rather support the construction of a full scale moon colony (hehe...and why not, mount there a giant railgun to bombard anyone who disagrees with you?)

C-Chan

Well,... at least Darknight ALMOST suggested a PEACEFUL application of technology......

Up until the railgun part....  ^^'

Well, if you really want a moon colony fast, start rubbing elbows with cosmonauts or taikonauts; cause while everyone else is distracted, "they" are starting some very ambitious things.....   Ã,¬__Ã,¬

Ultimaninja

EVEN BETTER IDEA THEN ARMORED CORE MECHS!!!!

I want to take like $500 (US) to a poor country and buy an army...of course I wouldn't have it really do anything, and it'd get paid for keeping the general peace of the area, but when people argue with me and say, "Oh yeah!? You and what army!?" I could whip out a picture of it and show them.

Of course I wouldn't want them to kill anyone as I am not fond of needless murder and violence

And then take the rest of the money and buy lots of baking flour and matches...you know what they do together I hope ^_^