Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Well, 2\3 of the packages I was expecting in the mail have arrived (The copy of Rockman X3 from Pit, as well as the Tandy Computer Whiz Kids comics from Stew). Still no sign of the Apple III, though...

Chocofreak13

@cars: my mother drives a subaru outback, my dad a toyota (dunno the model, it's a truck), and my sister recently gota buick (once again, idk the model, but it's a towncar from 96'). given that i've gotten used to public transit (even going so far as to feel a slight affection for it), i'm willing to hold out till i get my dream car: a 46' pontiac streamliner sedan, 4-door.
as for vintage -vs- new, it's all in how you take care of it, and how it was taken care of in the past. if it was left to rust in a barn, then of course it'll run like crap and take alot of time, work and money to fix and maintain. but if it was kept in the corner of a garage out of the rain and elements, then it should be fine.

till then, if i need some transport, i'd like a moped. >:3 (preferrably something vintage-looking, like a 70's lambretti. ^^)
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

And I still drive my Jennifer, the 2003 black Dodge Stratus.  Someday I would like a Dodge Dart, an AMC Matador, Dodge Monaco, or a GAZ Volga.

Chocofreak13

my sister's car's name is natalie. natalie likes us to be safe, so she locks us in automatically. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I often refer to my Ramcharger as "TARDIS" (Compared to the Omni and the Dart, it's bigger on the inside)

Chocofreak13

future car would be named Helba. -w-
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on November 12, 2011, 08:18:46 PM
And I still drive my Jennifer, the 2003 black Dodge Stratus.  Someday I would like a Dodge Dart, an AMC Matador, Dodge Monaco, or a GAZ Volga.

I knew your car's name was Jennifer! : p

My car is Jane, she's a 2002 silver Saturn L-series...

Nichi

So, my mom's family is attempting once more to have a garage sale at their house; starting this coming weekend. I plan on selling off some stuff I don't want anymore during this sale, to try and earn a little bit of money toward my epic adventure.

Red-Machine

Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

NejinOniwa

Honestly, all I want is a small aerial vehicle of some sort...propelled hangglider or something.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Red-Machine

Yeah, and I want an FTL-cabable starship, but it just aint on the cards, man.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

NejinOniwa

Yes it is. A decent propglider costs around 7500$ or so here, which is way less than what you have to pay for most cars...

Paul

NejinOniwa

So bake some! Or even better, freeze some, in the case of DD's... I have a large reserve right now .w.
http://ostan-collections.net/forum/index.php/topic,1458.msg106513/topicseen.html#msg106513

Chocofreak13

@paul: one of the things i like to do with the old newspapers is cut out a daily segment called "hints from heloise". one of the hints submitted to the column awhile back was to make a big batch of cookie dough and store it in the fridge, then whip it out when the need arises (since cookies can bake in like, 5-10 minutes). -w-

random thought: if petting the cat with your foot is wrong, i don't wanna be right. -w-
click to make it bigger