Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanDanKilmaster

I've bought a few new games, and actually prefer to when I can afford it.  The first game I ever bought new was probably Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense for the PS1.  At that point, the game had long been a greatest hits title and I got it fairly cheap.  I also bought several more new games, but I make it a point to buy a game I really, really, really like new whenever it's feasibly possible.  I think MGS3 was the first time I bought a game when it was first released.

Jude seems to like how I try to approach every game I play like I'm Solid Snake or something.  I like to sneak around like a ninja and then drive the AI into fits trying to figure how their friend just had an aneurysm (the words "It's gotta be four guys" gets thrown around a lot when I'm playing Far Cry 2).

I love honey... very tasty stuff.

The Choice of a New Generation.

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Dr. Kraus

stewartsage

On TV Tropes there's a My Little Pony D&D game.

Chocofreak13

@kraus: i'm unsure if that's awesome or facepalm-worthy.
@stew: since ponies has begun to grow on me like so much mold, that's pretty kickass.
click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: NejinOniwa on November 11, 2011, 04:18:32 PM
WAR = FUN FOR ALL THE FAMILY

EU3 AND VICTORIA II PROVE THIS MAI NORDIC BROTHER.

@Choco:
I would say its a mix of both, the rendering and such was pretty awesome but the fact that they used Miku's FUCKINGSCREACHOFDEATH and the commentary is pretty faceplam inducing.

Overall, its made me look at the Corolla's models and I'd have to say it would be one of my top choices for a "cheep" first car.
With my current job, I can buy this car (over the course of 60 months -.-) easily! But I will continue to look at other car's for my first car...

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on November 11, 2011, 09:29:58 PM
@stew: since ponies has begun to grow on me like so much mold, that's pretty kickass.

Oh, you mean assimilating you like the borg? >.>

Bah, sorry about that... anyway, we got Skyrim now, let the fun begin.  Oh wait, there's freezing... that's... fun.

Chocofreak13

@dan: sorry to hear about glitches :[
@kraus: i meant miku coming across the (other) pond. the only animes that have gotten mainstream here are pokemon and DBZ. this points to a 50/50 chance of america making it sucky and wimpy, so i'm just a little nervous about miku becoming "americanized". most things lose what makes them cool when they go mainstream. (bacon wrapped hotdog for a japanese pop singer? really people?)
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Yeah, well, hopefully they release a patch that fixes that (and doesn't break something else along with it) before I get a chance to play.  Like I told her, though, it's a few days old Bethesda game, what else would one expect?

Nichi

@Dan: True that. At least, being an Elder Scrolls game, they'll at least patch it; unlike one game I remember buying that they developed (I don't remember what it was, because it was so long ago), which had more game-breaking bugs than Daggerfall, which where never patched at all

Bella

@Kraus - regarding first cars, I've sort of "adopted" my family's Saturn as my own, and I've been told I'll be given that car when my dad buys another (he wants something with four wheel drive, like a Jeep or Subaru). I love that car, it drives really well and I've become so used to it it feels like an extension of my body.

As for other cars I'd like to have... I wouldn't mind a classic Saab 900, or a T1/T2 VW Bus, but I'm told vintage cars are a ton of trouble...

Nichi

@Bella: Sounds like that Saturn is to you as my Ramcharger is to me (And before that, the Omni...which I'd love to drive the turbo-charged version of >:3)

Also, not all vintage cars are a pain. For each one that acts like it's a relative of Christine (The Dart I had being the most triumphant example), there are ones that do run great (My dad's '66 Dodge truck)

NejinOniwa

I drive a Renault Espace.

When I drive small cars I get annoyed at being so much closer to the ground, the lack of good vision and the whole being smaller thing...
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

I like little cars. I'd love to have either a Beetle, Mini Cooper, or another Omni

Red-Machine

I drive an Alfa Romeo 156.  Going to look at a 3 litre V6 Ford Mondeo ST tomorrow, but would ideally like a Rover 75.  Shame there's not many around for sale these days.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!