Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Quote from: Intro to pretty much every Fallout game everWar. War never changes...

I felt a need to say that, since the subject of war came up

stewartsage

Yes it does.  WWII.

Damnit, now you guys have me thinking of what to get people for Christmas!  It isn't even Thanksgiving yet!

Nichi

Holiday clusterfuck~ [/nostalgia_critic]

Well, I've been thinking of what to get people for Christmas since August. I like to get a jump start on it, before the crowds set in; so while everybody else is running like mad to get last-minute gifts, I sit back and drink eggnog, as I've already finished shopping ^_^

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: PentiumMMX on November 11, 2011, 12:03:10 PM
Quote from: Intro to every Fallout game everWar. War never changes...

I felt a need to say that, since the subject of war came up

Fix'd. BoS and Tactics aren't FO games...

...and dammit, you beat me to it. ->
Fallout, Fallout 2,
Fallout 3,
Fallout: New Vegas

Ron Perlman is God... or the devil's son if you're watching a certain movie.

Quote from: Bella on November 11, 2011, 11:49:23 AM
Re: My feelings toward war - I used to be one of those Oh how tragic fighting is why doth humanity wreak such havoc upon itself~ people, but then I had the extremely insightful epiphany that humans are a brutish species. Fighting and killing was an integral part of survival for our early ancestors, the same as screwing, babymaking and eating. Humanity still loves screwing and making babies and eating, so it's no surprise that many of us are still enthralled by warfare, too.

(Of course, there are exceptions that prove the rule - just as there are asexuals, childfree people and folks who don't really care about food/drink aside from the nutritious value it provides, I imagine there are also truly peaceful people.)

Of course back in caveman days war was fought by small tribes with fists and stones and spears, and now we have nations with massive armies and automatic weapons and thermonuclear devices...

Yeah, I'd agree with that, but then again, I think it's our duty to evolve to overcome that nature.  It's an evolutionary carryover that simply needs to die.

Quote from: stewartsage on November 11, 2011, 12:24:49 PM
Yes it does.  WWII.

Technology - yes.  Reasoning - no.  Granted, I'm glad we went to war then, but still.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Chocofreak13

@war: i didn't say all war was pointless, just most of it. in the case of WWII, people were dying for no reason other than a crazed 50-something with a toothbrushstache didn't like the way they looked. i get the feeling that if we hadn't gone to war (meaning britian had resisted but not retaliated) it'd still be raging today.

and japan would be running all of asia. and possibly parts of europe. half the world would be in kimonos and happi coats. (<3)

as for more recent wars:
korea = not super pointless, but it could have been more thought out.
vietnam = pointless. end of story.
cold war = pissing match.....so pointless.
gulf war = i don't know much about this one, so i'll leave it at that.
iraq war = pointless. :\

@christmas: yes, it's not thanksgiving yet, but this is the right time to make the lists and start stocking away the cash. that way, even if you choose to shop during the rush, you have a plan so you don't spend 8 hours wandering the mall, ending up with a gift certificate to perfumania and a back massager from brookstone (and 5 pounds of peanut butter fudge for your cousin that you forgot has a peanut allergy).

also, i figured out what i'm getting for everyone that requested art. >:3 (and it won't cost me more that like, 10 bucks for everyone. >w> )
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

I'd be remiss if I didn't also mention that on this Veteran's Day, I feel a great gratitude to all those who have served and had the bravery to go where many of us would not.  Whether I agree or not with the motivations of our government, I still respect and honor those who have gave their lives in service, and also those who made it back home.

I hope other people are going to be on the forum tonight, I have a feeling I'll be here for awhile ^^;.

Chocofreak13

( ゚ ヮ゚) i'm still here!
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Good, someone's getting that game tonight (you know, the one that was supposed to be released today, but some moron made a mistake and sold a copy early, then everyone else sold their copies early?), and I'll no doubt be left with nothing to do for quite some time xD.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Meh, I'm not mad about it.  I'd just rather not be bored for hours tonight.  Normally, it's not a problem because we'd switch out between computer and console, but she's going to be pretty into playing Skyrim.  She's been extra excited about it ever since she learned she'd be getting it tonight.

Chocofreak13

well, at least she's having fun. i know i would be with a game that cool-looking. ^^
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Well she's really into RPGs and is a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls series.  I am a fan of the series as well, but she's been excited about it since the beginning, where I haven't been nearly as much.  In fact, it wasn't until I learned about the skill trees/perk system that I really started getting into the hype.  We've both been planning out characters we wanna make when we start off.  She's being more free-wheeling about it, whereas I'm being very hardline and wanting to play to at least one of the racial strengths.  She's saying she's looking forward to watching me play (whenever that may be xD), just so she can see how differently I approach things (she's already noticed how differently I play Oblivion and New Vegas).

NejinOniwa

WAR = FUN FOR ALL THE FAMILY
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

stewartsage

That's part of what I enjoyed about watching my old room mate play Fallout 3, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age, and the last Elder Scrolls.  Never been a big fan of fantasy games or magic sorts of things though; I enjoy industry and machinery too much I guess.

On a related note: Haven't bought a new game.... ever.

Chocofreak13

so guys, appearantly we should all be rolling in honey:

http://www.motherearthnews.com/Natural-Health/1999-02-01/Honey-Benefits.aspx

@dan: i try to buy used whenever possible. out of all my games, i think maybe 5 were bought new (this is counting game boy and N64 games as well).
click to make it bigger