Not much else to say, really. Just, Tootsie Rolls

NejinOniwa

Delta broke when I was installing RAM.

FUCK THIS FUCKSHIT WITH LUNA'S FUCKING HORN
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

I looked high and low, but didn't find any netbooks. Sorry K... : (

But.

-I bought a one-of-a-kind MIT Kit Computer from the 1970s (we think... the old techie who convinced me it was worth buying mentioned them being a part of a project for MIT CS students in his day, and that a finished product was called a "MAYBE" computer. I haven't turned up any info online, however, though I may've gotten the spelling wrong)

-I was given a circuitboard/chipset from an early 1990s Intel-powered supercomputer (the name "Paragon [Super]computer" came up, but a quick google didn't turn up any results... still, two separate people mentioned it, so it must mean something.)

-I got to touch a piece of a Data General frontplate.

-There was a mainframe collector with an IBM paper tape/card... punch... something-or-other in the back of his cargo trailer. I got his email address, since he deals in IBM and CDC parts and who knows what he might run across.

-There was another collector who's house is currently inundated by DEC hardware. Though he recently sold the last of his Rainbow 100s, and that made me slightly sad.

-That crazy old guy from Northern NH who supposedly has the largest collection of computers in New England was there. We talked for a bit.

-There was a working reproduction of the Enigma Machine (it was for sale... for like $12,000), and some authentic WWII-era codebreaking machines on display.

-Jewelry made out of old electronics pieces. No, there were no Intel processor cufflinks (though they did have some Intel earrings...), but there were a ton of CRAY supercomputer earrings, a brooch constructed from PDP-11 parts, and 1970s IBM mainframe chip substrate earrings. And a vacuum tube necklace. I ended up getting earrings constructed from Raytheon vacuum tubes used in a NIKE MISSILE GUIDANCE SYSTEM.

It was fun, but kind of exhausting, and now the MIT kit computer and the Intel supercomputer board are going to haunt me with their mysterioso-ness...

***EDIT***
The chipset's from a PARAGON supercomputer. PARAGONNNNNN. Not, that other word I used before since I was feeling tired and derpy.

ALSO. I HAS AN ORIGINAL IBM PC-DOS 1.x MANUAL + DISK SET. Something else I forgot in my derpy, Cambridge-induced haze.

ALSO II: The MIT Kit Computer seems to be a "Nerd Kit" system, probably circa early 80s.

Nichi

@Bella: Cool ^_^
Also, the Pentium "cufflinks" of mine are actually just earrings that I wear as cufflinks for my badass jacket (I'm wearing them "properly" (As in, on my ears) in that last wave of trap pics)

stewartsage

More commentary later but I am on my way back to school from Harpers Ferry and checking via pad thing from McDonalds.

Chocofreak13

@bella: thanks anyway :[
@zen: this kind. 27cm.
but if you buy out the last of the male dolls or one of the female dolls i want (EB-B or EB-J) i'll be PISSSSED. >:[

happy hunting :3

@pentium: noms!
@nej: :[

EDIT: sometimes it speaks to how anti-social i can be when my reaction to my phone going off is "WHO IS TEXTING ME??? >:["
click to make it bigger

Nichi

My reaction to my phone ringing is "Oh my god somebody is calling me for an interview! I might get to escape from the hospital soon!"...and it ends up being a telemarketer or some kid prank calling me.
Every. Single. Time.

Chocofreak13

calls are odd, and evoke an even more violent response. usually i just shout "SHUTUP NANAMI" whenever i get a text. :3

ugh. i don't wanna keep reading. ><;
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

And now I'm at work at school hoooooray.

There are like, two or three people who call me (when I'm not at work) and I usually know ahead of time.  I don't text.

Bella

@Stew: No comments on my frenetic post about meeting various old computer parts + collectors? .v.

Chocofreak13

it took me 12 hours to finish reading. thank god i don't have to do this every week.
click to make it bigger

Bella

What on earth was your homework? Reading Webster's Dictionary in its entirety? O___O

Chocofreak13

my textbook. 134 pages of incredibly small text encompassing 2 chapters that i had to read for tomorrow.
click to make it bigger

zjhentohlauedy

GUESS WHAT TODAY IS 8D
My my, aren't you lovely~

stewartsage

Long textbook reads are incredibly annoying assignments.

....is it your birthday Zen?