Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zjhentohlauedy

A generation will pass and a new one will rise. we can only honor and remember them.

;__;
My my, aren't you lovely~

Chocofreak13

@nej: if you're wondering why the care package i mentioned hasn't arrived yet, it's because we're terrible at timing and it only got mailed out today. >>;; that said, happy birthday.
@genpop: ho shit, all the nerds are dying. what the hell.

is linus torvalds at risk?? ;^;

on saturday, there will be dollfies and computer swap meets!! netbook get! dolly get!
click to make it bigger

Bella

@Zen: That was really lovely. ;v;

@Kari: Computer swap meet where?

zjhentohlauedy

CHOCO I WANT A DOLLFIE ;___;

PLEASE DONATE TO ZEN FOR HIM TO GET A DOLLFIE

Give the panda a doll project by WWF.

Nichi

@Zen: WWF?

I couldn't resist

Chocofreak13

errgh my fucking brother lied to me so i can't attend the swap meet.

that said, dollfie got!! she's SO friggen cute, i can't stand it. and since my sister and i can't remember if she got me a birthday present, she's getting me another one! (with shoes, hair, and eye decals!) she also bought 2 for herself with hair, and since we're splitting the decals they're going to be full-fledged dollfies now. :3

the only bump in the road i've hit thus far is the choice of hair colour, and that was because i found this, fell in love with it (the name of the colour was like a sign), and then found out that it only comes in wig form and none of the wigs will fit my doll. so i was like FUUUUUUUUUUUUU---- and had to settle for getting 2 different colours of hair and i'm going to blend them. :\

oh, AND THEY STARTED SELLING NOG. >:3
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Firstly, pardon the belated b-day wishes, Nej, I thought I was going to be on Thursday, but it was not so :/.  That being said, I hope you had lots of fun on your 21st. :3

Secondly, I too mourn the passing of dmr... 'tis a sad year in computing.  In my own twisted brain, I truly believe nobody ever really dies as long as the people that he or she touched continue to spread their legacy and preach what they preached.  So, it's really up to us, the children of the information age, to keep the legacies we cherish alive - to bring immortality to the best of what our heroes gave to us.  When Richard Stallman, Linus Torvalds, or yes, even Bill Gates dies (let us not also forget the lesser known champions of the information age as many in the news media did with dmr), they stay alive as long as the good they brought to this world is continued and evolved into the next age.  I fear for things as they are now, as it seems worse and worse ideas are becoming the norm (DRM, privacy-ignoring policies, stringent patent laws, etc), the next era of technology seems more and more dystopian, but I have hope that there will be more people that have enough respect to our forebears in the tech industry to take us in a new direction, a better direction.  Gah, ranting again >,<.

Lastly, welcome back Zen.  It's nice to see our prodigal panda return. :3

The Choice of a New Generation.

Nichi

@Dan: Agreed

@Choco: Nog!? Where?

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

zjhentohlauedy

Chocofreak13

@pentium: they started selling nog around here in the local markets (this includes walmart). the cheapest is at wally's world, where it's 3 bucks for a slim carton. :\ not the cheapest, but it's pre-halloween, so it's kind of expected.

@zen: the one i got was 17 dollars, with 13 for shipping. you could see if they'd ship international, but it'd probably be more. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Ah. Must resist urge to rush to the store to get nog...

Bella

@Kari: Sucks about you not being able to attend the electronics flea market. Looks like I'm gonna be able to go, however - so  I promise I'll keep an eye out for inexpensive-but-quality netbooks for you.

Also, thanks to your tip I found eggnog at the grocery store today and bought some.

Chocofreak13

see? i pay you back not only in money, but in information. :3
click to make it bigger

zjhentohlauedy

@choco. 17 dollars??? *_* how big is that???