Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

@bella: if he fails with numbers that's his problem.
@pentium: i've only had experiences like that a couple times, most of which sucked ass. :\

EDIT: oh guys, i should mention that my sister has made a WoW character based off of nej. :3
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

@Choco:
Well, I'm glad the day wasn't a total loss.  I had quite a few days like that when I was still in school.  I think I've mentioned before how the dean at my university had unreasonably high standards for cancelling classes.  There were a number of times I could recall seeing broken/inside out umbrellas along the sidewalk, and I, having not thought to bring my own umbrella (like it would be of any use in that severe weather :/), would have to use the morning's paper I picked up that day, while shifting my backpack to the front of my body so I could hunch over it and hopefully prevent anything valuable from getting soaked.

@Bella:
Regardless, he was still being a total douche.  Maybe he was having a bad day, but there was no call in him automatically assuming you were being "fresh".  I mean, I can see it from his point of view, but unless you were being overtly condescending and treating him like slow cousin Eddie, he shouldn't have made that assumption.  The sad fact is, this only perpetuates the idea that the federal government only employs complete fuck-ups, and it also reinforces the notion that the only way to get anyone in customer service to do what you ask is to treat them with contempt.  It's people like that that ruin things for everyone else.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Chocofreak13

people like that are why i prefer to do things in person.

oh, and that character after nej dances like napoleon dynamite.
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

My school has called classes twice in the last forty years.  Twice.

Also: UPS is a competitor to the US Government's mail/parcel delivery; The USPS.

IanDanKilmaster

Damn... twice?  WTF?  I know the idea is to give you "your money's worth", but honestly, is it really worth the student's health to not cancel class?  It just seems so silly to me.

@Bella:
Addressing an earlier topic, if you don't have a name for your tumblr yet I have a (probably awful) suggestion.  What about GiuliaLupo?  My guess is you're probably looking for something aside from Italian, but I'm kind of drawing a blank now.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Chocofreak13

hellsbells.tumblr.com
ilovelinux.tumblr.com
hellomynameisbella.tumblr.com
ringthebell.tumblr.com
thebellatollsforthee.tumblr.com
myunixcanbeatyourwindows.tumblr.com
ostans.tumblr.com
mycieloisbella.tumblr.com
suzu-chan.tumblr.com (suzu is japanese for bell)
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Chocofreak13

errgh, why are these korean boyband members so hot. ><;
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

.........how the hell did it come to that.
click to make it bigger

Bella

Today inspired a new phrase for decadent excess mixed with indecision and guilt: Like a Borya in a Booksale (Alternatively, like a Bells at a Booksale).

Example 1: "Look at her, she's going at that all-you-can-eat buffet like a Borya at a booksale!"
Example 2: "The frat boys partook in drunken bacchanalia like a Bells at a booksale."

@Kari: There are some good tumblr name suggestions there. (I considered the name Hells Bells before you mentioned it, hahah.) I've also thought about using something retrotech-/mainframe-y, like The Dinosaur Pen or something along those lines, since I love a lot of those old jargon file terms and phrases. ^^; I haven't decided on anything yet though.

Nichi

@Bella: I'm surprised nobody I know has come up with something like that for one of my habits ^_^;

Well, I helped my sister move some more stuff into her new house, and also picked up something at the store I think Pit would be proud of; a compilation of the first 2 Fallout games (I also picked up the 3rd one, since I know I like it but didn't have my own copy)

Pitkin

Chocofreak13

yesterday: went to the deerfield fair. encountered plenty of things that you guys will like, took pics. :3
last night, 3 am: parents went to the ER; dad was having serious trouble breathing. :\
today: homework and anime. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Well, my parents have convinced me to just move to the nightshift for now, instead of going through with my plan of tricking my boss into firing me. I still hate the idea, but I did come up with a solution to one of the main issues: I can bring Asagi to work, and chat with you guys when on break.

I still don't like the idea of moving to the nightshift at all (In fact, the idea is universally hated by everybody in the hospital that knows of it...but, unfortunately, nobody can tell my boss "no"), but I guess I'll try it out...and keep my plan to trick him into firing me in consideration