Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Good luck Pentium, you shouldn't have to be trapped in a job if you hate it. :/

What part of Florida are you visiting, Red? The Florida panhandle I'm okay with, but I sort of loath the rest of the state... even though it's where I was born...

NejinOniwa

On a totally different note, I spotted Jupiter tonight. It was damn bright (-2.6 app.) and very red due to its low angle on the sky.

Fabulous sky is fabulous. Hopefully tomorrow night will be less cloudy so there's less light polluting it, that way I might be able to snag a photo of it.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: NejinOniwa on September 28, 2011, 04:44:58 PM
On a totally different note, I spotted Jupiter tonight. It was damn bright (-2.6 app.) and very red due to its low angle on the sky.

Fabulous sky is fabulous. Hopefully tomorrow night will be less cloudy so there's less light polluting it, that way I might be able to snag a photo of it.

Nice, its also red due to red shift!

About to make a new icon/logo for myself, wish me luck.

Chocofreak13

@kraus: break a stylus. :3
@red: welcome!
@pentium: ask your grandpa for a job!
@nej: did you get pics?

today i missed not one, but two buses!

we got there early enough that i managed to stop at a convenience store and get more cough drops, and when the bus arrived......my mother realized that she had forgot the tickets. as we went in to buy a set, the bus pulled away. we got a refund for the tickets, and drove home to get more, and when we got back the next bus was pulling away.
i was an hour late for class, but didn't miss much thankfully. the class afterward went well too. :3

on the way home, as i was about to leave the building, one of the back straps to my backpack broke. so i had to use the shoulder strap to carry the damn thing, which left me feeling half dead by the time i got to the bus.

on the upside, i'm getting two bowls of minestrone and a dollfie out of this, in addition to my textbook, a thermos, and a pair of chopsticks. i'm even going to get my computer looked at. we're also going to go look for a pair of new shoes for me, and we're going to the art store tomorrow.

i'm excited for the dollfie. i've wanted one for a long time. :3
click to make it bigger

Bella

Raccoons and skunks are laying siege to my yard.... and my pellet gun isn't on hand. I'm pissed. Tomorrow night I'm going to be ready for them. :[

(The pellets won't kill them even if I hit them, but it'll probably be suffice in scaring them away.)

Bella

DOUBLE POSTING FOR GREAT IMPORTANCE:

1) I'm thinking about making a Tumblr for my art. I could just go with Bellacielo.tumblr.com, but I'd like a clever title .... any ideas anyone?

2) Apparently I'm going to lose my shit every time it rains heavily from now on. Thanks PTSD.

Paul

Hmm, I don't have any clever title at  hand right now, but now you brought me to think about reviving my abandoned Tumblr account (thetealtortoise.tumblr.com) again :3

NejinOniwa

Jupiter has been spotted today as well. For those of you on lower latitudes than me (meaning, all of you unless we have a secret Alaskan with us) it should be easier to spot; if my calculations are correct you should be able to see her on an almost clean southwest heading around 10pm or so, shining bright red. Spot it and poast pix! I got one reasonably good shot that I'll be uploading later.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

stewartsage

I'll keep an eye out, if possible, since I have several intervening mountain ranges to deal with and not because I am contacting you all in secret from Juneau.

Nichi

Well, my grandma managed to break her PC again, so I've been roped into fixing it once more *facepalm*

Paul

Ohmygod... just did a system update on my subnotebook (Arch Linux). Then I was checking the kernel version via uname and.... Linux Nel 3.0-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Aug 30 07:32:23 UTC 2011 i686 VIA C7-M Processor 1200MHz CentaurHauls GNU/Linux

IT'S 3.0!!!!! *geek*

Bella

OH MYYYYYY GODDDDDDDD. I SOOOOOO BADLY WANT TO STRANGLE A CIVIL SERVANT (the UPS is government funded right?) RIGHT NOW.

In related news, I now know "going postal" doesn't have anything to do with post office people going psychotic, it's about YOU going psychotic after a post office person acts like smarmy little asshole over the phone.

Chocofreak13

yesterday was another one of those "interesting" ones.

in the morning, i was waiting for the subway when some random dude comes up to me (how do i always attract the weirdos????) and announces: "Hi! I'm Daryl! Can I have your name?"
i stand there like  "wuuuuuuuuuuuut" and ask him ".....why?" he responds with "Hi! I'm Daryl, can I give you my cell phone number." i got this face and walked away, to the other side of the platform where there were more people.

on the train, i got a nice seat right away. but by the time we got to copley (halfway to my school), a woman across from me spilled her iced coffee. it got all over the train, and after awhile i ended up having to put my portfolio on my lap and do some acrobatic moves with my toes to avoid the spill. i succeeded, but sadly i would not end the day dry.

after school, me and mum went to blick (my second time being there). we ended up taking advantage of a sale and getting me most of my leftover school supplies, as well as some copics!! ^^ however, it was raining when we went in, but not that bad.
then i remembered that i left the list of supplies in the car.
i went back to get it, and it was like walking around in a hurricane. at some points it was literally raining sideways. i managed to keep the folder dry on the trek back to the car, but by the time i got back to the store, i looked like one of the infected people from Doctor Who: The Waters of Mars (if you've never seen it, it looked like i drowned). i trudged around the store for almost an hour, leaving a trail and experiencing the soaking sensation of trenchfoot (mm, squishy). my mother couldn't understand why i was complaining so much till she felt my clothes when we got home. i ended up riding the way home in a shirt and undies, with my leather coat over my lap (which i wasn't wearing when i was out).

after all that, it was worth it, cause i walked out with 6 copics, which were on sale. :3

@bella: i still think you should report the guy.
@nej: if it's clear enough, i'll try to look. :3 and i wish we had a secret alaskan. :\
@paul: have fun ^^ i'm hoping to make a livecd of a distro i found recently that's nothing but art programs. :3
@pentium: it could be worse, right? her computer could be on fire. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Bella: My dad has had problems with the post office as of late, too. Still sucks, though

@Choco: The part with the heavy rain reminds me of something that happened about this time last year; when I was helping my sister get some stuff out of storage. Everything was fine, then suddenly it was pouring down while we where trying to load everything in the truck so we could get it to her house. We where both completely soaked by the time everything was done

Bella

That sucks K... :\ At least some good came out of the day, in the form of art supplies?

Eh, dad called aforementioned person and cleared things up with him. Apparently he though I was getting fresh with HIM because my voice always sounds upset and complain-y and because of the cleaaaarly ennnunciattting phonnne nummmmbers thing. (But come on! He couldn't get my dad's phone # right on the first two tries!) ><