Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

That's 'cause I DON'T use bleach on clothes, I use a bleach/water mixture for household cleaning. The last two times I've used it, I've gotten stains on my clothes. >:/

I won't be doing that again.

NejinOniwa

Um. Dry powder washing agent? Anyone? I've been doing that for like a year or so...
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

Has /Topicless actually turned into a serious discussion of laundry?

NejinOniwa

It's /topicless/. BELIEVE IT.

Also, if I one day decide to live with a woman of some kind, her panties are her own responsibility to do laundry on. Scratch that, all her own clothing is her responsibility. WHY MUST FEMALE GEAR BE SO INCOMPATIBLE WITH STANDARD WASHING PROCEDURES??? SERIOUSLY???

Nichi

@Nejin: Not all women's clothing require special care when washing. For instance, all the stuff I have for trap mode can be safely washed with my regular clothes

On an unrelated note, I picked up my copy of Persona 2 today. Now, to find my PSP's charger...

NejinOniwa

Swedish women, pentium. Swedish women.

Chocofreak13

@nej: i'm half swedish, half canadian, and the only things i have that can't be washed with general laundry is bra straps (they get curled) and fancy dresses/shirts (a couple cheongsams/cheongsam style shirts), and maybe some fragile stuff (though that can just be thrown on a delicate load).

i value comfort and convenience over all. though nice-looking things are important too. ^^
click to make it bigger

svx

I do laundry like this:

1.  Throw clothes into washing machine (do not separate, straighten, unfold, whatever)
2.  Turn dial to "regular" regardless of how much stuff is in there
3.  Blindly pour a bunch of detergent in there
4.  PEACE OUT, WASHING MACHINE.  DO A GOOD JOB, SEE YOU AGAIN WHENEVER I FEEL LIKE IT

Nichi

I usually do my socks and anything white separate from everything else. My sister, however, uses the "clean all the things!" method (Throw everything in)

Pitkin

I wash jeans separately from anything else, some of the underwear by hand, and used to wash white and colours separately, but now I don't have enough white things to make a machineful, so they all end up in the same machine. ._.

IanDanKilmaster

I handle... correction... used to handle laundry much in the same fashion of svx.

Now I separate my whites, as I've been instructed to do.  That's about the only thing that's different.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Chocofreak13

my mum is paranoid about seperating lights from darks. but with most dyes and detergents these days, colours don't run at all.

most of the light stuff i have is just undies and socks anyway, so i usually don't care. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Well, since I got off work earlier than normal, I just finished filling out one application (For Wal-Mart) and put it in.

Here in a few minutes, I'm going to get out, get something for lunch, and go job hunting

Bella

I have a lot of "finicky" garments... lots of wool and knitted sweaters that are liable to shrink in dryers, tons of delicate Indian skirts (aka hippie skirts) that are hand-dyed and can't be washed with other items... but, ironically, my underthings are  easy to take care of due to my complete lack of feminine and delicate ones. (Undies go in the wash with everything else, bras get hand washed once or twice a month.)

My family's thinking of fostering, or maybe adopting, another dog once we get in the new place and get somewhat settled in. A friend's friend in town is trying to place this sweet, but VERY shy and undersocialized juvenile female Maltese/Yorkie that just doesn't fit his family's lifestyle. (They are outdoorsy people, and "Morkies" are very much housedogs.) While I don't particularly like purebred Malteses (too fragile) or Yorkies (too yappy), Maltese/Yorkie crosses are something of a soft spot for me.

But I sort of decided I'd never adopt another dog after we nearly lost Luci (too much heartache involved). Not to mention, I don't know how such a diminutive dog would get along with the (comparatively) much larger, heavier and boisterous Shih Tzus we have now...

NejinOniwa

One exam up, one exam down. One week behind, which isn't that bad considering my level of preparedness on this one. I really need to start studying more...