Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

my christmas lists since i was young have gotten shorter, because the items on it have gotten more expensive. plus, most of my stuff is online now. but i still try to, so i can give my mum and grandparents an idea of what i want besides cash. :\

@pentium: i typically make my lists of what to get people over the course of the year, but i usually don't start knuckling down and really searching and buying till about november (i'd have trouble hiding the presents for that long).
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

All I want for Christmas is the 1973 game "Ballistic Missile".  And maybe the rules to Warplan Dropshot.

Nichi

All I can really think of that I'd want for Christmas would be an epic journey to anywhere I'd want to go...although, given how unlikely that would be unless I paid for it myself, I'd settle for some Doctor Who DVDs and other such things.

@Choco: Sounds about how my list has been over the years; it was 5 pages long in '03 (The first year I made a "proper" list, instead of just telling mom what I want), and has gone down to one page as of last year (Dropping it down to just the stuff I really want that isn't too expensive; usually $20 or less)

Chocofreak13

@stew: if you ever come here, we'll have to play 221B Baker Street. :3
@pentium: most of what i wanted when i was younger was less than 20 bucks and could be found in stores around here. as i grew, my interests turned to anime moreso, and so alot of what i liked i found for sale online. since my mum needs help for almost everything online, it's kind of hard to ask for christmas presents from the internet, so i started just asking for cash. :3

of course, every year i demand not to be given clothes, and roughtly a quarter of my presents (pretty much everything from my grandmother) is clothes, few of which i like. (I HAVE TOO MANY CLOTHES ALREADY AND YET SHE INSISTS ON BUYING ME MORE ><;;; )

she's at least stopped buying me pastels. :\
click to make it bigger

svx

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

You have to end World War III

Nichi

svx is our last hope. Our last hope for what, though, I don't know...

Chocofreak13

i'm so confused.

and this chicken tastes vinegary. :\
click to make it bigger

Cockleshell

honkedy honk rather bored today. sup everyone
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Nichi

The donut I just had tasted...
*slips on sunglasses*
...holy

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah!

Chocofreak13

*throws masterball at cockleshell*

@pentium: who says kinder eggs are for...
KINDERGARTNERS

YEEEAAAAAHHHH~~
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

OMG IT'S COCKLE!

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!?

*crying hugz*
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

DON'T WORRY RED I CAUGHT HER(and i'll trade her for your espeon)

EDIT: hay guize, this is just a passing thought, but do you ever get the feeling that we need another admin or mod?

pitkin(g) and aurora seem to be semi-absent most of the time....there's not much need right now, with no influx of new members, spammers or anti-TOS activity, but it might be better to prepare beforehand. :\

also, i'd be willing to say it's time for some user-pruning. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I think that yeah; having a much more regular mod or admin would be helpful.

However, what do you mean by user-pruning? Purging users who haven't been active within a set amount of time, or something else?