Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pitkin

I've found a couple of radio channels in France that play mostly classics, and I like those during car trips (if we didn't bring the old MP3 player with us). In Finland I didn't really appreciate the music in radio except for the occasional song from my favourite Finnish band (defunct for nearly 10 years now). ^^

@Choco: I wasn't really gone, just not posting as I was spending all my energy in games. xD

Chocofreak13

technically we have an entire section of the forum for games. but in terms of video games, all we have is nijikaku. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Choco: That sounds like how it used to be here, after that great classic rock station shut down back around '01 or so. We now have another, and they have a strange mix of different types of rock and metal; from CCR to Iron Maiden, and just about anything in-between. Now, if only they'd throw in some System of a Down in there somewhere...

Also, I bet it makes Madonna feel old when her earlier songs are now played on oldies stations, alongside Simon & Garfunkel

Chocofreak13

funny thing is, the local oldies station always played 60's and 70's songs when i was growing up (occasionally even a 50's song!!), but now all you really hear on there is 80's stuff. my sister was born in the 80's, and she's not even 25.....

(that station is great at the end of november, though, since around then they start playing nothing but christmas music. <3)
click to make it bigger

Pitkin

Oh no, it's soon the time for Christmas music again! It's the end of August and I'm still whistling the previous year's jingles! >o<

stewartsage

Let us all celebrate the fact that Bells is not dead in the biggest flood in the Connecticut River Valley since the 1960s, even if her rental house has two feet of water in it.

Nichi

Huzzah! *dances to Master Ninja Theme Song in celebration*

stewartsage

So her neighbors were right, for a completely wrong reason.  Sidenote: I felt like an idiot after I looked at the USGS water level predictions.  As high as they were climbing, anyone remotely near the Connecticut should've evacuated.

Chocofreak13

oh shit, i hope she's ok. at least it's a rental, but we used to get nasty flooding here. i remember when i was in kindergarten  my mum was driving me one morning after a bad flood, and there was a house whose yard was completely underwater.
click to make it bigger

svx

@Radio Discussion -

Hello local radio, how are you today?  I'm having a hard time liking you because you play eight commercials for every minute of music lately.  I think you were a lot more fun when I was little, but I've kind of grown up now...  Do you have any new songs yet?  I heard that you still have a crush on the same three AC/DC tracks.  I was in the garage earlier and heard you smoothly transition from one AC/DC song into another after a small commercial break where the actor pretended to be a morning radio talk show host with great information about how to lower home mortgages/etc.  lol, radio...  You're worse than FOX

@The Storm -

Hello storm, plz go home now

Chocofreak13

Quote from: svx on August 29, 2011, 04:58:28 PM
I'm having a hard time liking you because you play eight commercials for every minute of music lately.

this. this sums up most of the stations around here, and what music they do play is 9/10 times crap.
click to make it bigger

Remilia

There's this Dutch radio station I was listening to: It felt like they were mostly playing commercials and occasionally even some music. Never again will I listen to that radio station.

Chocofreak13

this is why i have an ipod now. :\

also: i have begun making my christmas list. so far: 5 different dollfie dolls, neopiko markers, and a cheap schoolgirl outfit (there's a good chance i'll buy this one before christmas, given it dropped about 20 bucks in price and it's made of cotton. i'm worried about the fit, though).
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I haven't started on a Christmas list for myself, but I've started on a list of things I want to get other people this year; which I've already started slowly chipping away at.

I like to beat the crowds

Pitkin

I haven't made a Christmas list since I was 12 or 13. ^.^;