Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Whoa, dude! There's a tempest outside!

Related: Whoa, dude! I finally got to use "tempest" in a sentence!

Chocofreak13

Quote from: Red-Machine on August 28, 2011, 07:30:59 AM
No, you win when you beat the system by STAYING within the rules.  Then they can't do a thing about it.

this means that i won at high school. -w-

@bella: i can think of a couple other ways you could use "tempest" in a sentence, but none of those would easily come up in conversation, lol.

that said, stay safe, and i hope you have a generator too. :\
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

So I actually have a physical copy of my schedule for the coming year.... I don't have to get up until one most of the week, for HIST 'The Sixties'.  Also: I'm apparently taking digital photography.... yay?

Room mate seems like a decent guy actually, he plays magic and D&D so he can't be all bad.

Related: My busted ass Zippo knock-off lighter is now, a) working and b) fueled and striking.  Boom.

Nichi

Well, I just confused the guys over at Gamestop: cancelling my preorder for Zelda: Skyward Sword and carrying over the money from it to a preorder for the PSP remake of Persona 2. It confused them, and for a moment they seemed unwilling to do it, but they did go through with it. Still, Zelda games are always easy to come by, while stuff like the Shin Megami Tensei games are always a pain in the ass to find especially in my hometown.

@Bella: Hopefully everything blows over with little to no damage. Stay safe, play Pokémon, etc.

stewartsage

I swear to god if Bells' idiot neighbors get her killed by forcing her to drive into the hurricane to 'evacuate' from a rumored burst dam (since NO ONE HAS A WEATHER RADIO or enough since to call the local authorities.  Who usually, you know, notify residents of this sort of thing).  On the other hand, if they're right and there is danger I'll simply kick their asses for being unprepared and panicky and making me worry.

Red-Machine

It's all a load of fuss about nothing.  I'd have just been sitting on my porch, watching anime and waving at the panicked proleteriat running past with their screams of "GET TO HIGHER GROUND!"

I'd still be sitting there a few hours later when they all come crawling back looking disappointed that nothing actually happened.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

stewartsage

Eh, considering 'low lying areas' are flooding I'd be concerned if she lived within maybe a mile of the river/a body of water but as far as I know she doesn't.  Also: Still not panicked/was never panicked about the flood or earthquake.  God damn media.

IanDanKilmaster

That's understandable, stew.  I went through a similar situation and felt the same way.

That being said, I shall now commence my extra srs PSA:
Everyone in the forum who lives in a region prone to severe weather (well, fuck that, anyone who lives near a body of water or landlocked regions still affected by tornadoes, earthquakes, and blizzards) buy a damn radio ffs.  Weather radio is preferable, but any form of device that also includes an FM radio should be okay as well (at least one station should be covering the weather and goings-on).  Remember people, there are times that TV and internet simply do not work.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Nichi

@Dan: Well, I do plan on replacing my alarm clock soon, so maybe I can go one step above and get an alarm clock radio. Besides, there's finally a decent local radio station again

IanDanKilmaster

Well, if you're going to get a new clock anyway, it wouldn't really cost that much more for the alarm clock/radio combo.  You should also make sure it can run on batteries if you do.  You need something that will keep working even after the power is out.

The Choice of a New Generation.

stewartsage

Dan is right people, buy a fucking radio; save your life and support your local radio station.

Pitkin

Radio is the coolest media anyway! <3 Radio plays, news, sports reports, pretty much always available. Usually at least one channel's playing okay music too. Most importantly: radio plays. ^.^

Nichi

Radio is quite nice, really. Especially now that, for the first time in nearly a decade, there's a decent local radio station again

Red-Machine

Quote from: Remilia on August 27, 2011, 02:34:20 PM
@Red, ph'nglui mglw'nafh cthulhu r'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn (or something like that).

As Keeper of the Necronomicon for the Esoteric order of Dagon, I say: "I'A SHUB NIGGURATH!  THE GOAT WITH A THOUSAND YOUNG!"

Or something...
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

@stew: i don't know what kind of terrain she lives on, but here we came out largely unscathed. i just finished helping my dad with yard cleanup (which was mostly going around and picking up sticks), but no buildings got damaged, no trees fell, no one was hurt. :\ she might have gotten more rain there than we did here, but she's likely in perfect condition.

and rest assured, if the paranoid neighborhood watch people got her hurt with their ramblings, i'll go punch them for you (since i'm closer). >:\
that said, good luck with your classes, digital photography can be fun since there's all sorts of ways you can manipulate the pics on the computer. :3 and anyone who plays D&D is worth hearing out. if he's cool enough, invite him here! xD

@red: funnily enough, that's basically what i did. the rest of the world was running around like chickens with their heads cut off, while me and dad just sorta hung around and did our own thing with the generator. i read and sketched all afternoon, and when i got sick of that, i watched 3 episodes of "My Bride is a Mermaid". :\

@dan: also funny: people have a tendency to dump their unwanted stuff on me, and one of the things i found when i was rummaging around in the closet yesterday was an old battery-powered clock radio that my sister gave me. i mentioned it to my dad, but we had tv for the first half of the day so it all worked out in the end. :3
i should start keeping 4 AA batteries with it, though. :\ (and a pair of AAA if i want to use the clock.)

@pentium: most of the stations around here kinda suck. they were decent a few years back, but that was because new music was halfway decent back then. :\
also, it makes me sad that 80's music is considered "oldies" now. :\

@pitkin: YAY YOU'RE BACK~
click to make it bigger