Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Peach pie is nice, although I personally prefer Boston cream pie

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: PentiumMMX on August 27, 2011, 09:15:35 PM
@Dan: I think that date was the day of the earthquake in his area

Oh... yes... I get it.  I can't believe that didn't occur to me, thank you for pointing that out, Pentium. :3

Quote from: NejinOniwa on August 27, 2011, 09:15:54 PM
That's just because we don't have any proper sentient xeno's around, y'now. Basically, Xenophilia is the screwing of anything not of the same species as yourself. Zoophilia is just more specific and less scifi-sounding.

Ah yes, that makes more sense, especially breaking the word down.  It just seemed random. xD

The Choice of a New Generation.

Bella

Quote from: IanDanKilmaster on August 27, 2011, 09:08:59 PM
Quote from: Chocofreak13 on August 27, 2011, 06:21:22 PM
@stew: what's with the date on the new sig? (sorry if it's important, i tend to be forgetful of almost everything in terms of time, i even forgot my own birthday once. ^^; )

I can't say I rightly know, but the turned over lawn chair in the picture pretty much indicates to me that it's obviously a tongue-in-cheek invoking of post-9/11 imagery.  Can I assume that was when the radio station was shut down, stew?

On a separate note, I love your new avatar, Bella.  I'm pretty sure I should recognize what webcomic it's from, but it looks really funny.

His signature is in commemoration of the recent East Coast Earthquake and the countless pieces of lawn furniture, tchotchkes and knickknacks that were toppled in the event...

The avatar's from El Goonish Shive.... it just seems to fit really well. xD

IanDanKilmaster

Those are the best plans, ne? :p

Chocofreak13

my sister reads el goonish shive. :3

@pentium: everyone in my family keeps saying how much i'll love boston cream pie, and i keep telling them that it's rather rich and i prefer lemon merengue or banana cream when it comes to filled/refridgerated pies. :\
EDIT: so i was about to perform the check in for my school (which i've been putting off for weeks)......only to find out that i missed it by an hour:
"Error
LOIS will be unavailable due to inclement weather from 9:00 pm Saturday, August 27 to 9:00 am Monday, August 29. This time frame may be extended as necessary. We apologize for any inconvenience."
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on August 27, 2011, 09:46:45 PM
my sister reads el goonish shive. :3

@pentium: everyone in my family keeps saying how much i'll love boston cream pie, and i keep telling them that it's rather rich and i prefer lemon merengue or banana cream when it comes to filled/refridgerated pies. :\
EDIT: so i was about to perform the check in for my school (which i've been putting off for weeks)......only to find out that i missed it by an hour:
"Error
LOIS will be unavailable due to inclement weather from 9:00 pm Saturday, August 27 to 9:00 am Monday, August 29. This time frame may be extended as necessary. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Yeah, it's generally a good idea to do stuff like that ASAP.    Like, my school's website would go down often for no apparent reason.  Keep in mind, the website's webmaster and designers were actually TRAINED BY THE SCHOOL!  We have an entire IT department, but they could never keep the website compatible with the most recent browsers or even keep the damn thing up for more than four days at a time.

Chocofreak13

i'm forgetful......which is why i did my FAFSA about 2 weeks ago. (i was reassured that it would be ok by a student at my friend's college, who had done his about 3 days before mine.)
in terms of this, though, i still chalk it up to people overreacting to irene.....especially since the official school website is still up. just the "student access" section is down. >:\
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Yeah, it's pretty damn stupid, but I can't say working in the exact opposite direction is any better.

Okay, I went to one of the top meteorology schools in the country (not a technical college, just one that had a great meteorology program), and they didn't even close the school in preparation for Katrina.  No, they waited until houses in the city were getting bashed by trees and cars were getting thrown into trees and the whole damn campus was turned into the waterpark from hell to finally cancel classes for the day. >.>

stewartsage

Yes.  Earthquake anniversary in my signature (and I link'd Bells the comic her avatar came from).

University of Louisiana Monroe, Dan?

Nichi

Wow I'm sleepy right now...

Wish I could go to bed, but I still have stuff to do before I can

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: stewartsage on August 27, 2011, 10:34:55 PM
Yes.  Earthquake anniversary in my signature (and I link'd Bells the comic her avatar came from).

University of Louisiana Monroe, Dan?

Ah, yes, I remember now (the comic link, I mean).

And I see how you'd get that idea, but no, not that one.  I have stopped by Monroe before (I mean "stopped by" in the literal sense, I was on a bus).

svx

I thought what I'd do was,
I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.

IanDanKilmaster

Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules.

NejinOniwa

Life is a game, and you win when you break the rules.

As long as you can fight off the enforcers, that is.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Red-Machine

No, you win when you beat the system by STAYING within the rules.  Then they can't do a thing about it.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!