Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

the only skiing i do is on skifree. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I just watched my cat drag off with a plush Charmander that's roughly the same size as him

Yes, I did get a pic of it

Chocofreak13

silly kitty, pokemon are for trainers!

EDIT: so i was just stuck on the phone for 20 minutes for a political survey about chemicals.

any of you guys being plagued by surveys? it seems like in the past few months we've gotten alot. :\
click to make it bigger

Paul

So the HP TouchPad is discontinued and the price is dropping to 99$ in the US ....AND I HAVE NO WAY TO GET ONE!!! :/

Here's a last, desperate attempt. My last hope is you... (alright, that sounds a little theatralic but meh :D)
Would anyone of you OSCers (preferably someone with a PayPal account) be so nice, look if you could find one for that price (BestBuy, CircuitCity or Walmart should have them), proxy-buy it for me and then ship to Austria? Of course I'd pay the price + shipping beforehand via PayPal, so there wouldn't be any risk for you. You'd be my absolute hero ^^

Nichi

@Choco: Can't say I've had any of those, but then again, I rarely answer the phone if it's a number I don't recognize; helping to weed out a lot of those

@Paul: I'd help, but apparently my local Office Depot hasn't received news of the price drop yet; they still want $500 for them

Paul

@Pentium: thankies.... really strange, OD online had them for 99 :(

Chocofreak13

i'm sad that hp is dropping out...... ;^;

EDIT: dear osc: the other day i was reading an article on a decade after 9/11, and was wondering where each of you were back then. don't answer if ya don't want,  but i was just curious.
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

I tend to shout in foreign languages at telemarketers.  Or hang up.  One of the two.

School.

Nichi

I was at home, playing in my room. School hadn't started back up yet, because my mom was planning a trip to go get the last of the books she needed that coming weekend

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on August 21, 2011, 07:58:35 PM
EDIT: dear osc: the other day i was reading an article on a decade after 9/11, and was wondering where each of you were back then. don't answer if ya don't want,  but i was just curious.

In bed.

But mom woke me up shortly after the news came in.

NejinOniwa

I was on the bus, on the way home from school to celebrate my dad's birthday. Fucking showstoppers. -_-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

i don't remember school that day, but at the girl scout meeting afterward, all the parents (including the leader, my mom) were acting weird and whispery (my mum told me later that she was telling the parents to put on a brave face so we wouldn't freak out).

when we got home from girl scouts, i was a bit confused as to why my dad was watching tv already (it was only about 4, he doesn't typically start watching till 6, when he has dinner), especially since he always complained when we sat around and watched tv. then i saw the news, and when i asked what happened, it finally sunk in what happened. it was scary. :[

EDIT: so the  bidding on the bento is up to 26 bucks.

ERRRRRRRRRGHok i'm all in.
click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

I remember it like yesterday... Music class in 3rd grade, singing some American song like God bless America or something like that.

Dad came and picked me up in the office, we walked home and people around the main drag where either stunned, crying, or confused.

My nanny (English Grandmother) was visiting and we watched the towers fall and everything, even though I was young I could understand what this meant.

Pitkin

I had just come home after high school (1st year) and happened to turn on the television and then the teletext. The topmost headline was "Skyscraper on fire in New York", but pretty much right after the headline was updated to "Airplane Hit WTC in New York" - I followed the direct broadcast alone, as my parents were at work and two then best friends practicing with their band. The spirit of everyone around changed quite a lot overnight, and the following day at school was dedicated to discussing crises.

Red-Machine

I came home from school to find my mum watching it on TV.  It was shocking and surprising, but I was in no way moved to tears.

I remember one of the analysts on the BBC saying a little while later that the reason why it had affected America culturally so much was because they all believed they were invincible up to that point.

I still think it was organised to galvanise the American people to war in the middle east.  Or at least they had prior knowledge of it, like Pearl Habour.  Only three air patrols in the days leading up to the event when the previous year there had been 30 is awfully suspicious.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!