Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Dental procedures < Eye procedures on the creepiness scale. Even I was quite freaked out about that part.

Just. Saying.

As for the human mind and psychology and whatnot, I am aware of that fact, due to growing up with a shrink for a father. And there are worse drug-related things that can happen to a person. Say, Morphine withdrawal.

Apologies if I seem grumpy and shit, I just woke up. -_-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

@bella: i've been through enough shrinks to know how to act like one. couple that with my mum's associates degree in psychology, and my sister going into that field, and i can shrink with the best of them (without degrees). i understand that what happened to your mother could set in a deep-rooted fear of the medical profession and everything with it, but you shouldn't be letting that effect your life. since it is, you should be working to overcome it, lest you avoid doctors all your life and wind up with something terrible. :\ since you claim to be the paranoid parrot, i would imagine that you'd be conflicted with your fear of the doctor and a potential fear of getting something terrible. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Well, today was better than I expected it to turn out. Even with having to take my sister and brother-in-law to work, I still managed to get myself to work on time.

Also, a friend of mine just bought himself a new pair of headphones, so he gave me his old one (A nice, big-ass pair of Koss headphones. They're exactly like I like, and it's by a pretty good brand too)

stewartsage

So I've been internetless for a day or two thanks to weird shit, but I am back once again.  I also have a Coast Guard uniform and a book I've been looking forever for now so something positive occurred.

Red-Machine

Not a great start to the day.  I found out that my great aunt died in her sleep last night.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Acher13

Guys, what would be the best way to celebrate an anniversary?
anything but going out... wanted to spent the time being together. I was thinking of getting a ring but that could end up with the wrong idea. Am Not about proposing to her yet. getting a gift that's not too common, something like appreciating the time. and not going to push too hard. gahh...

Krizonar

Get her something special, something that's pretty simple but obviously shows you had her on your mind.

Like when we went to Hawaii, part of my tickets from the arcade were spent on a watch-set that was salt water proof because she had remarked earlier on a boat ride that she hadn't brought her watch because it wasn't water proof. She thought it was really sweet.

Just small things like that. Notice open opportunities and go for them :)

I've had my fair share of anniversaries before they left me, and most were spent in private, watching a movie or eating outside with candles for light. Just doing simple things that were sweet.

Acher13

my plan is to went for groceries together and prepare a nice meal to enjoy, have a laughter... and it just ends there, spent the whole day together?
haven't think of a gift and I only have about 3weeks to plan it all.. mmmhmm

guess I'll have to look for opportunities then to find out what I could get..

Bella

@Red: Sorry to hear that... how old was she?

@Genpop: I just got back from the dentist, they thought I might have a cavity in one of my teeth but upon closer examination/xray it's just a dark stain. The doctor still thinks my jaw has enough space to support wisdom teeth, and the bottom ones seem to be coming in okay. (The top ones are a long way from surfacing, if they ever do).

As it turns out, I do not have the number of wisdom teeth I thought I did. I don't have two.... I don't have four... I HAVE FIVE CONFIRMED, AND POSSIBLY A SIXTH. Turns pout my upper jaw has at least one (possibly two) extra wisdom teeth (though they'll never enlarge to the size of real teeth/grow in all likelihood). The doctor had a fancy name for this condition which I forgot.

Now I can't shake the feeling I'm some sort of throwback to an earlier form of human being. (Or a shark.) I mean it makes sense, extra teeth, my tendency to bite when upset/annoyed, baring teeth when angry, being able to express myself better physically than verbally, the really thick curly hair and heightened survival instincts... I'm a cavewoman. ._________.;;;

Krizonar

Quote from: Acher13 on July 12, 2011, 09:37:11 AM
my plan is to went for groceries together and prepare a nice meal to enjoy, have a laughter... and it just ends there, spent the whole day together?
haven't think of a gift and I only have about 3weeks to plan it all.. mmmhmm

guess I'll have to look for opportunities then to find out what I could get..
That actually sounds nice, a gift would just be a cherry on top.

Remember that romance isn't just about being, well, romantic, it's about having fun. She's your best friend by default, so it should be fun to! and those plans do sound fun.

@Bella: and I have an extra bone on the back of my head and I'm very robustly built. I'm a Neanderthal now.

Red-Machine

Quote from: Bella on July 12, 2011, 09:57:10 AM
@Red: Sorry to hear that... how old was she?

Nearly 90.  It was a long time coming (she had a stroke in february), but she got put on the slippery slope by some jackass boiler installer who didin't route the pipes properly.  She was being gassed for about a week before they noticed.  She was already ill then, but that set off her stroke.

Bella

Quote from: Red-Machine on July 12, 2011, 11:01:51 AMNearly 90.  It was a long time coming (she had a stroke in february), but she got put on the slippery slope by some jackass boiler installer who didin't route the pipes properly.  She was being gassed for about a week before they noticed.  She was already ill then, but that set off her stroke.

Was there actual evidence/did the doctors say that the gas is what caused her stroke? If so, I really hope you reported that guy or took some sort of legal action. That's a job where peoples' lives are at risk,  and if he doesn't know what he's doing he has to taken out of that line of work.

Red-Machine

They were planning to sue, but wanted to wait until she recovered because she likely would have had to give evidence.

Paul

@Red: That's really unfortunate... I'd take every chance to sue that guy.

I've just taken up my holiday job in the IT department of a mid-sized business (same as the two years before) and the whole work atmosphere is really pleasant... they have some pretty big AS/400s as well as some nifty virtualized servers...

NejinOniwa

Quote from: Broya(Or a shark.)
Don't worry, bro, you haven't devolved into an earlier form.
"Bella's evolution tree": ShowHide
Bella (Rock) -> Broya (MetalSteel) -> BROpenVMS (Steel/Dark)
Thus the shark tendencies.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS