Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Speaking of psychological disorders, I've been feeling extremely nervous all day. I can't even pin down a source, but... yeah. Terribly on-edge and it's starting to get to me. >__<

Unrelated... Mac OSX Lion, Pros and Cons:

Cons: An unwieldy attempt at emulating the look and feel of iOS, it is plagued by issues like Pre-Multicsian handling of processes and applications and has the suckiest intro video since
Mac System 8 (scratch that - System 8's intro is far superior, and actually creative).

Pros: It will forever immortalize Snow Leopard as the greatest OSX that has ever been or will ever be. And make Leopard look far less incompetent in comparison.

APPLE: I AM DISAPPOINT IN YOU.
SINGLE UNIX SPECIFICATION COMMITTEE: REVOKE DAT CERTIFICATION PRONTO. We wouldn't want Lion tarnishing the noble Unix name after all.

Edit:

Wait, is 10.7 even SUS compliant? A google search turned up nothing about it being that way. Varai interestuhn...

Krizonar

You forgot to mention it's graphically superior to Snow Leopard and reported at about 30% faster in every way. Now my computer can boot in 3.5 seconds instead of 5.

That article is old and not about the current beta version of Lion, which has hit gold. Let's just say the Dock program indicators are fully optional and available, I'll let that answer your concern.

I also fail to see how the intro video matters or why they would make one before anyone but developers/testers got the OS.

svx

Did I miss the testing?

Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Low
Schizoid: Moderate
Schizotypal: Moderate
Antisocial: Low
Borderline: Low
Histrionic: Moderate
Narcissistic: Low
Avoidant: Low
Dependent: Low
Obsessive-Compulsive: High

Is this accurate???!

Krizonar

Simple question, I understand that you can change the sounds of Windows 7, if this is so, can you change the startup theme? I have something cool in mind.

Paul

Wait... so Lion can basically do to your processes whatever it wants?

That's really nasty I think... now it isn't anymore the user who controls the system but the other way around :/

On a side note, I just managed to come up with a music that goes with Never Leave (my first song, written some time ago) :D

Red-Machine

Quote from: Krizonar on July 08, 2011, 01:16:04 PM
Simple question, I understand that you can change the sounds of Windows 7, if this is so, can you change the startup theme? I have something cool in mind.

Not unless you hack the system files.  It's a pretty esoteric and drawn-out process.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Krizonar

Quote from: Red-Machine on July 08, 2011, 02:05:06 PM
Quote from: Krizonar on July 08, 2011, 01:16:04 PM

Not unless you hack the system files.  It's a pretty esoteric and drawn-out process.
Dangit, I wanted my gaming computer to play the Justice League Unlimited theme on boot.

Quote from: Paul on July 08, 2011, 01:55:41 PM
Wait... so Lion can basically do to your processes whatever it wants?

That's really nasty I think... now it isn't anymore the user who controls the system but the other way around :/
Computers already do this to maximize resources and power, it's nothing new, people seem to blow it out of proportion.

svx

My brother bought a Macbook

I like making fun of him,
but I'm secretly jealous of how fast that damned thing plays Java and Flash... It's hardware-accelerated on Mac, wtf?

And the touchpad makes me drool...

I bought new peripherals!
This keyboard, this mouse, and this mousepad
Does UPS move over the weekends and just not deliver, or...?

Nichi

@svx: It depends on your area. Kriz mentioned that they deliver on the weekend in his area, but they don't in my area

Chocofreak13

@kriz: um, depending on the version of 7, it might not play anything on boot. mine doesn't. but you CAN get it to play that when you log in. :3
@zen: it can be hard to beat me in a violent-off. :\
@svx: lulz at the keyboard. and ups only delivers on saturday if it's air mail or you special order (possibly in certain areas too). other than that, it's only during weekdays. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I just got the wonderful news that my sister's car was repossessed last night; leaving them without any form of transportation, and they have places they need to go today. That would already be annoying enough, if it wasn't for the fact that the van is tied up today; leaving me with the half-drivable piece of shit as the only method of transportation.

Yay. This is exactly how I wanted to spend my Saturday

stewartsage

Few things are better then your boss telling your uniform looks good on you, in living history.  Other then that the big excitement is we're getting War of 1812 stuff for the bicentennial and at some point I get to wear it.  Yaaaaaaaaay.

NejinOniwa

For some odd reason, all IM connections between broya and me seem to have gone completely kaput.

This must be the weirdest bug and/or the unfunniest troll ever. -__-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

@Aurora: I had to drive them around everywhere, but yeah; they got where they needed to. They where at least nice enough to buy me supper for the trouble, even though until they get a new car, I'm going to have to work in taking them to their places of work into my weekday morning routine; meaning I have to get up even earlier.

Otherwise, today wasn't as bad as I was expecting

Chocofreak13

@pentium: sucks to be you, sorry to hear that. at least i'm not the only one who seems to be having a meeeeh time.
hopefully it works out soon. maybe they should just pool their cash and buy a used car instead of renting one next time? :\

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.
click to make it bigger