Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

Set me back quite a bit (300 bucks), but now I'm the proud owner of an IBM bladecenter w/ 8 blades :D

Dr. Kraus

Nichi

That reminds me; I almost bought a 386 this morning that's as old as I am.

I was interested at first...but there was no hard drive and the DOS boot disks where missing. A stupidly easy fix, since I have spare hard drives and MS-DOS 6.22 lying around, but I backed out mainly because they wanted to throw in a ton of extra junk I have no use for; I don't know what I'd do with an ancient UPS that likely doesn't work

Bella

Truefact: Bostonians make some of the loudest neighbors ever. I mean, vocally, they are LOUD PEOPLE. I FEEL LIKE SHOUTING REPLIES BACK TO THEIR CONVERSATIONS, BUT THAT WOULD BE RUDE, RIGHT?

Yet I've been told New Yawkahs ah' wohse.

@Kraus: D'aw, thanks for the motivational speech. >w< I've already planned the travel I want to do in the next several years... I want to go to DC this summer, Halifax next year (and maybe Montreal too - it's a shame that I'm relatively close to Canada yet have never visited), and San Francisco, well, whenever I can scrape up the money to, since airfare out there is $700 +. The real difficultly is lodging - since hotels are EGREGIOUSLY pricey these days - if you wanna stay someplace for a week, it can easily end up costing a grand. (And in big cities, you have to book your room months in advance.) >__<

As for international stuff - I'd like to tour the Mediterranean and visit Japan... and Scandinavia looks like it would be a nice place to visit too... that's way off in the future, though, since any trip that far away is bound to get into the multi-thousands (probably just for airfare alone).

NejinOniwa

Well, any /osc/-ers up to visit Scandinavia can honk me a horn, and I can fix up free/-ish lodging in at least half a dozen places spotted across the region where the Clan owns or otherwise has access to housing. I will be stalking you along, though, but I suppose that's to be expected for anything interesting occurring around these parts. ^^

There is a current plan in the Clan to go Japanwards next year - dunno the state of it atm, though. Also I've been planning to travel to Canada for some skiing during season, though this is also likely to be organized with the rest of the Clan once we get our heads together on the subject (being vikings, we are all ski-a-holics, with the "exception" of snowboarders).

Other than that...
Haven't been to South America anything, but that's pretty low-priority. Antarctica would be nice, but that's more likely to end up as a project funded by research money.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

@nej: i'd say that i'd offer lodging, but 1. if it's your whole family then i doubt my grand aunts would be too keen, and 2. i haven't been to canada in 6 years, and i doubt i'm going anytime soon. :\
@bella: um, international flights aren't THAT expensive....
@kraus: the one in switzerland, but it seems you've already decided.

today has been quite up-and-down, as we didn't get out of the house till 2pm, went to a farm just to find out that we can't do what we went there to do, ended up having a good time anyway, and a bunch of other stuff happened. overall, i walked away today with:
1 pair of flats (rocketdog plaid flats that match my other rocketdog plaid flats)
1 pair of shorts (the only pair i could find that fit me, damn me for having hips, and FINALLY i have another pair of shorts)
5 earrings (they're a set that i think was intended to be used in single holes, however they're able to be matched together for the most part)
1 bottle of grape soda (made on the farm~)
the knowledge that out of 5 copies of pokemon, only 1 has a working battery. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

The only thing I accomplished today was getting my iMac G3 working again. It seems like if I keep it from getting too hot, the screen doesn't flicker

Now, to figure out where to set it up again...

Bella

I wanna get my G3 up and running again. :<

Dr. Kraus

I need to reinstall OSX 10.1 on mine (=W=)

stewartsage

So I spent all day today firing a 3in ordnance rifle or drilling on a 3in ordnance rifle or teaching high schoolers how not to die while operating a 3in ordnance rifle.  After a night under a gum blanket propped against a tree.  Surprisingly well rested.

Nichi

Well, I'm making my first RMA; sending off that SSD for a replacement. I though the problems where worked out somehow, but they cropped back up again

NejinOniwa

Today I sent my bro and sis-in-law (strictly speaking it's a month and a half until she attains that status, but who gives a damn) off home, refreshed my tennis skills (crap as bad) and steamrolled through a Lv8 Hoppip with a Lv1 Sneasel. FEELSGOODMAN.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

this morning, i meant to turn on the internet. 4 hours later, i finally did, after helping my dad paint the stairwell.

my mom's going to come home to pretty green walls~
click to make it bigger

Bella

Uh... I went to the dump and found some interesting books.... and then read for several hours, until I finally realized I hadn't had anything to eat and made lunch.....

._____.

Chocofreak13

that's bad, bells. i forget to eat quite often, and it's bad. :[
click to make it bigger