Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

@panda: that's not cool. :[
bow ties are cool.

@pentium: to be honest, i've never been too fond of video chats, either; they drain my connection, usually don't go very far and tend to eat up my browsing time. i feel bad surfing when there's someone i should be talking to. :\
but the IM is nice. plus, almost everyone here has one. come join the party. 8)

my cat is missing.....my mum and sister heard a screech from outside earlier, and we can't find her......
poor olive ;^;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@zen: Getting drunk is not cool. As my dad taught me from a young age, alcohol is best in moderation. Also, don't drink and play Mario Kart at the same time, unless you really want to handicap yourself against your opponents

@Choco: I have it setup now
*Points to the Skype logo under my avatar. Well under my post count; which, as of this post, is now equal to the year one of my favorite episodes of Doctor Who aired*

Chocofreak13

pretty cool, dude. -w-

also, added you on skype.

which reminds me, does anyone know someone named ally p (allyhun22 on skype)? they issued a contact request and i have no clue who they are. :\
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Quote from: PentiumMMX on June 20, 2011, 09:27:23 PMIf I wasn't feeling lazy right now, I'd dig up some old footage from webcam calls on The Screen Savers to give you an idea of what it'd probably look like

Huzzah for Leo Laporte!  You know he has his own network now?  It's kinda a spiritual sucessor to The Screen Savers.

www.twit.tv

EDIT: Guise, Sony has unveiled a Slim PS3 Slim...
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

zjhentohlauedy

but D:

it's pretty much the only reason people do these thingsss.

cuz they be cool D:
My my, aren't you lovely~

Nichi

@Choco: Just added you and Pitkin to my friends list

@Red: I didn't care much for TWIT the one time I listened to it, really; I preferred Tekzilla, over on Revision3 (Patrick Norton FTW). However, I haven't watched anything on that site in years; That Guy With The Glasses has taken it's place as my go-to internet channel.

Red-Machine

They're moving to a new studio this month.  Leo said they want to get more interactive with stuff to make it "like it was back in the old days with Screen Savers".

Nichi

I may give it another shot once they move into the new studio

Paul

If anyone wants to add me on Skype - feel free to do so :D
I'm not online that much, also I don't have a headset ATM, so unfortunately I can't participate in voice chats. but IM should work ^^

Bella

Imma add Paul and Pentium.

So I can bother moar people. *___*

Chocofreak13

added. -w-

and since the relationships thread still hasn't updated, i'll rant here:

my sister has said that we're all passive-aggressive bitches (me, dad, mum, sister). while i agree with this, i'm not sure how blubbering like a soap opera and claiming that she was my mother when we were little is conductive to the situation at hand, which in this case was some sort of argument between me and my mother over who to contact for my college next semester. it seems she was already getting mad when i tried to offer to put some magnets on the back of some notepads she found, so we could stick them on the fridge, and after i responded, she blew up, slammed some stuff, and stormed off.
the learned response in my family is that the louder you are, the more you get heard, which leads to alot of yelling. combine that with the fact that everyone tends to interrupt me when i'm talking, and the fact that we don't communicate effectively, and you get one giant yelly mess.

i could use a coke. ><;;;
click to make it bigger

Paul

That sounds way worse than my family. I actually have a good relation to my parents, but sometimes those yelling matches come up, and then it's all like "RAGE!!!"

btw, why does Skype on linux try to access /etc/passwd? there'd be absolutely no reason for it to do that *smells conspiracy*

Chocofreak13

don't have linux, so not sure.

on the upside, my cat is fine and everything has cooled down in the household. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Paul: I'll add you once I'm on 2k later tonight (I don't have Skype installed on Asagi yet)

@Choco: I tend to get cut off during conversations a lot as well. Things stay pretty peaceful with my parents...but there are times where the peace is broken (The last time was back in March, and involved a certain piece of shit leaving me on the side of the road; because it's obviously my fault that the gas gauge said the tank was half-full when it was literally empty)

In other news, I almost had myself a Mac Mini today for $100; a mid '06 model that was untested because it's missing the AC adapter. I was highest bidder and everything with less than a minute to go...and some magnificent bastard sniped it from underneath me within the last 5 seconds.

Red-Machine

That's called "sniping", for obvious reasons...