Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex_Reetz

i know about the whole hdmi scam. i get my hdmi cables for 1.99 on ebay. anywho, i got it so compare really.

Chocofreak13

the power cable for my external drives is broken..... :\ not the end of the world, but still just one more annoyance in the line of crap.

my plan: buy the external i saw on newegg
transfer data by plugging my drives into an actual desktop and moving it to the new external
use the new external as my main drive
save for and buy a duplicate and copy all data over to it

:\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I always hate it when the AC adapter for something gets messed up, and it just happens to use an obscure type of plug that's hard to find a replacement for...

Chocofreak13

it was on its way out anyway, and i suppose that it's better that everything happens at once. :\ doesn't make it any less annoying, though. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Anyway, as 2k-tan the Desktop draws near to completion (After the SSD I ordered this morning, the rest is just some little things I though would be cool; like a video capture device to plug my PS2 into), I've considered buying a Mac Mini to add to the fleet. After all, I can either get a KVM and let it share the keyboard, monitor, and mouse of 2k, or I could set it up to my TV in my other room with the keyboard and mouse from my old iMac G3...it depends on what I decide to do, really

Chocofreak13

go with the cheapest solution, dude. -w- my sister just bought her new laptop today, and she saved $250. plus, i plan to buy the cheapest external i can. -w-
click to make it bigger

Nichi

When it comes to Macintosh, from research I've done, the Mac Mini is my cheapest option if I where to buy one new. $700 doesn't seem too bad for a Mac, really

Red-Machine

But for what you get, it's a pile of crap.

In other news, I HAS AN ANIME PLANET ACCOUNT, PPL!

http://www.anime-planet.com/users/RedMachine
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Alex_Reetz

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on June 10, 2011, 06:37:52 PM
the power cable for my external drives is broken..... :\ not the end of the world, but still just one more annoyance in the line of crap.

my plan: buy the external i saw on newegg
transfer data by plugging my drives into an actual desktop and moving it to the new external
use the new external as my main drive
save for and buy a duplicate and copy all data over to it

:\

that is an easy fix.

Nichi

I just heard that my brother-in-law is now out of jail, although he lost his job in the process. I don't think I'll head over there tomorrow; they're likely in a bad mood...

Bella

I am calling a moratorium on taking Mac Advice from Red. He does not use Macs on a regular basis; ergo, he is not going to give good advice in matters Macish. If you want to know how "crappy" a Mac Mini is, ask Aurora or Kriz, who, unlike Red, ACTUALLY USE Mac Minis. Can we agree that USING and being FAMILIAR with something should be a perquisite for giving advice?

That said, personally I'm not fond of Mac Minis because... well... they're too small. Plus I'm really more of an all-in-one person anyway... *stares at iMacs, Commodore VIC Slim/Pro/New!C64* owo

Nichi

I figured I'd wait until either Aurora pops back in or Kriz returns to get some more info. All I know is that having a Mac in a package smaller than my laptop is appealing; especially since I'm short on desk space

Chocofreak13

wait, smaller than a laptop? maybe i should look into that.....
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Yeah; it has a width of 7.7 x 7.7 inches from what I read, compared to Asagi at 10 x 15 inches, with both having a height of 1.4 inches. Also, you have to admit it's pretty cool; having something barely bigger than a CD player having a fully functional Mac inside it.

Now, I should get a new Mac Mini and a fried Apple II, and attempt a mod...if I was a little more crafty, that is

Bella

Here's a size comparison, for those who aren't familiar with Minis:

In addition to a cough, stuffy nose and ceaseless sneezing, I'm now feverish. Not by much, but it's enough to make me chilled/want to wrap up in blankets/know if i do I'll risk overheating more. Urrrgh.

But there is good news! Stewart-kun and I came up with my gravestone inscription, you know, in case I don't live through this:

"She died like she lived
In Bed"