Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

While at work, I talked with one of the ladies down in HR about what I heard yesterday, and she said she'll talk to my boss to see what he thinks about upgrading my position to full time; something I was promised when I started back in December '09, but have not received. I'm hoping she manages to pull the right strings and make my current position full time; that would make dealing with that asshole I work for a little more bearable, as it furthers my master plan.

@Choco: That sucks. As a tip, be sure to keep backups across your entire fleet; even though I have all of my stories and pictures on Torchwood Three (My external hard drive), I have fairly recent backups on both the Yeti and Frankenstein, just in case something goes wrong.

Chocofreak13

well, we were MEANING to buy me a backup drive....but life kinda got in the way...and it slipped both my and my mum's mind. :\
click to make it bigger

Paul

Just played 3h Persona 4... I like this game!

Chocofreak13

wait, what?

also: playing homestuck
cleaning intermittently
thunderstorm approaching
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Paul: I have Persona 4, but I haven't had a chance to start playing it yet; I'm intent on finishing the 3rd one first, since I'm already in the middle of it's story

@Choco: I know what that's like. That's the reason why I put off getting the replacement fan for TARDIS; I originally was going to wait until after Asagi was paid off, but then other stuff came up and kept me from doing it sooner. Of course, the obscure fan had been discontinued by the time I was ready to buy it; which lead to the beginning of Project Tartarus, which you now know as 2k-tan the Desktop.

Chocofreak13

yeah. but it's a bit trickier than that. thankfully, a 1TB external IS within my budget, so i intend to use half of it to back up my data. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

At least the price on 1TB externals have come down; they're even cheaper if you don't do like me and buy a USB 3.0 one (Of course, since I have a PC with USB 3.0 ports, it was worth paying extra for so I could put those ports to use)

Chocofreak13

ehhh, as long as it works idc what version it is. if they made USB 1.0 externals, i'd buy one.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I was going to save some money and just go with a USB 2.0 one, but the fact that 2k-tan the Desktop has USB 3.0 ports begging to be used is what made me pay more for a drive that could take advantage of the port's high-speed capabilities.

On a unrelated note, I really hope that lady at work is able to pull the strings needed to get my current position to be bumped up to full time. Of course, since my boss seems to be terrified of her, combined with how many people there are impressed by me and would likely vouch for my position being upgraded to full time, I think I may stand a good chance.

Chocofreak13

yay! ganbatte, dude. -w-

so i found out an old (boy)friend is around again, and doing better than ever. :3 i hope to rope him into summer shenanigans. ^^
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I wish I had some friends I could rope into doing some crazy but fun stuff with this summer. Sadly, all my friends are tied up with work and their girlfriends to have time to hang out with me...

Chocofreak13

i'm sorry. if it's any consolation, lost of family members have harped on my about not having a job. however, those same family members seem to be unaware of my school schedule (last semester i spent 12 hours in boston 2 days a week, and the 3rd day spending 8 hours there).
click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

Getting my workers permit tomorrow and I'll be starting work on the 14th at my school, tuesday-thursday $8/hour 7 hours a day. woot woot woot!

Chocofreak13

yay? (why do people look forward to getting summer jobs? i'll never understand the appeal; the only reason i'd get one right now is to get people off my back and save up for an apartment :\ )
click to make it bigger

Nichi

It seems like every guy I know around my age has a girlfriend except me...I wish I knew where they where meeting these ladies, honestly