Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Well, my night got wild pretty quickly, but has thankfully calmed down now. For anybody who's interested, here's a rundown of what happened:

At about around 9:50PM, after my dad had gone to sleep and I was sitting in my room writing a review for something I bought on Newegg a few weeks ago, I get a phone call from my sister; who's stuck on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere with a flat tire, and needs our dad to bring a jack. Because dad was way too tired to safely drive (Since he did take some night aspirin before going to bed), I got drug into this so I could bring him out there. After the long, slow hunt across the highway trying to find them, I finally found them at around 10:30PM...as we soon learned that they also didn't have any tools with them at all (Even though we where only told to bring the jack). By a stroke of luck, the tire tool the van had was also the right size to work on that tiny Honda, as my brother-in-law put the spare tire on while my sister got an angry phone call from a former friend who demanded somebody let her into the house so she could get back her precious DVDs (As a note to prove how weird that lady is, she's more protective of her DVD collection than your average mother is over her children). After some pointless arguing between my dad and brother-in-law (While I stood off to the side and engaged in a facepalm), we finally got everything together as I was finally able to start heaving back home at roughly 10:45PM.

That is not how I wanted to start my weekend...

Krizonar

Sorry to hear that, but glad everything turned out alright.

M weekend hasn't started great either.

Katarina has tickets to go to graduation (no doubt at least partially because she wanted to see me) but apparently hadn't heard the news I wasn't going.  :(
Now I feel bad, cuz sure, she has other friends that are graduating, but she told me she was hoping to see me there and that's when my heart stalled.

oh and YAY NEWEGG.

Nichi

Damn...this just isn't a good night for anybody, is it?

Also, Newegg is nice, isn't it? I knew that if my great uncle, who worked with computers for several years and gave me 99.9% of the components that went into Frankenstein Classic, highly recommended it, than it had to be a good site.

Alex_Reetz

paypal is indeed a good website, but you can also get nice parts on ebay.

mindful of idiots, it is an amazing place.

Nichi

eBay isn't too bad from time to time.

I remember having a site bookmarked ages ago, where people would post links to the weirdest things they found on eBay (Some of which was downright hilarious; like a lucky Australian kangaroo pouch; which when you read in the description what that pouch is made out of, it's not very lucky for the poor kangaroo). That site was such fun to look at, but they sadly shut down.

Chocofreak13

newegg's been recommended to me a couple times by my brother. i'm a little disappointed that they've started advertising on tv, but that's ok. they seem good. :3

well, my processor's lightened up a bit, but i had to close several background applications, skype and a couple tabs. i might go to the computer store tomorrow to inquire about upgrading the processor. :\

oh, and i had a hell of a time finding the urusei yatsura themesong, but i think i got it. :\

oh, and, TOO MANY POSTS ><;

and i'm gonna stop complaining about the grammar. but just so you know, every time i read it, i die a little inside. ><;

......TOO
MANY

><;;;;;
click to make it bigger

Alex_Reetz

y͉̯̼͚͕̺̥̮͓̲̹͎̫͙̗̘̱̖ͤ̅̃͌̽̐ͬ̂ͥͩ̒ͥ̇͌͌̎̀͘͡͡o̵̐̔ͮͧ̈̏ͥͦ̉̇̽̆̅͡҉̡҉̻͉͙̹͇͙̗̭̱̞͇̖͚̞̤̳̖u̬̙͕̞͚ͤ̽̃ͮ̊͗͑̇̀ ̌͐̒ͭͭ̓̒ͤ̐̂̅̌ͫ͏̭̱̤̙̪̙͉̖o̐̈̌͊ͯ̔̚̕҉̼̪̦̳̙k̨͕̞̦̠͓͕̣͙̻̗̤͕̣̘̉̂̄͐̎̓͛̽͐ͦͣ̀͜͞a̸̵̤̫̩̼̰̳̙͔̣̭͚̫̬͇̬̙̙̳̅͆̽ͫ̋̋́̈́̊ͦ̚y̨̎͛̑ͣͭ҉̡̖̼̦̳͎̻̀͘ ̸̪͎̫̲̃͒̑̂ͨ͋ͭ̋͂́͂̓͊́̈́͊̾ͯ͟͟C̯̙͚̣̻͚͙͖̱͗̐ͥ̈̍̓ͣ̊̈͋̋̚͟͟͡h̵̷̘͕̘̬͚̙̳͌͒̃ͯ͑ͤͤͪ̌̈́̏ͭ̃͛̆̌̆͋̊͢ọ̸̸̫̰̘̩͎̤͍̜͚̻̩̭͈͐̄̽̃ͥ̃̕c̷̴̀̇͌͊̓͊̏̓ͣ͒ͤ̿̓͏̧̪͇͖̝̳̘͚͚̫̲ȏͨ̌̃͢͏͏͖̱̫͉̹͙f̸̢̥̰̱̟͈̫̮̬̬̯̫̲̮̘̲̱͊̊͂͗r̷ͦ̽̐̄̌̓̎̅̒ͥ́̀͒̚҉̴͓̫̤̝̼͙͈̞̮͈̤̪͕͉͡e̵̬̱͙͔̞͎̩͎͕̖͇͎̟̟͚̜̓ͫ̍͆͋̐͛͐̕ả̸̭͙̜̬̬͉̗͔̠̝͎͕̮͕̩̪͊͋ͯͯ̈́̍ͦ͒̏͘k̨͐ͥͭ͗́͜͠҉̺͈̬͕̘͇͎̰̼͇̲̤͖̟̯̻̬ͅͅ1̸̧̡͚̥̜̬̘̘͙͎̣̜̬̟̖̺͕͙͋ͯ̽̀͘3̢͂ͭͧͤͨ͞҉̗̦̲͙̺̯̗?̫͔̙̩̩̞̱͇͈̺͍̫̇̈́̀̄͋̏ͫͬͧ̄ͮ̎͛ͬ̾́̚̚͟

Nichi

I think I'm going to try to go to sleep now.

I would say "good night", but seeing how this night has been anything but good for a majority of us, I'll just give the Vulcan salute and say "Live long and prosper"

Chocofreak13

yeah, i'm ok. just annoyed. ><; (maybe my theme song will make me feel better. :\)

.....i was about to post......but then was interrupted.....

RAGE
RAAAAAAGE ><;;;;
click to make it bigger

Alex_Reetz

Total Posts in the board:

congrats Os-Tan Forums~

Krizonar

Oh, yay, 100k posts!

Chocofreak13

i lol'd at the 47. xD
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Great, that processor guy now has me scrounging around newegg getting parts together for a custom computer.

Alex_Reetz

*goes crazy*

'I WILL REPLACE YOUR GENDERS WITH ONE ANOTHER'

*REVEALS A BONESAW AND HUNTING DAGGER*

Krizonar

You know what, I think I'm gonna do it. I'm going to build a computer. For her.

She wants me to do something impressive? Well here we go. I'm not just going to set aside a computer for you to use when you're here, I'm going to build you one.

Prepare to be impressed.  ;D

edit; wow, why do all these motherboards have useless crap on them? They all either have too basic stuff or they have like 10 USBs, 6 SATAs, 4 PCIs, 8 memory slots, etc.

All I really want it to have is 8 channel audio built in, a SATA III connector and 2 ram slots. Don't really care about anything else. Surely out of some hundreds of motherboards they have one like that?

edit edit; yay! found a good motherboard.