Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex_Reetz

but, are YOU going to use that much bloody ram?

tis the question.

Krizonar

Indeed. I want all the performance I can get short of things that damage the system.
Also, that's basically what my mother said when I bought this, LOL

Nichi

I have 8GB in 2k-tan the Desktop, and I rarely go above 1\4...although, since it won't cost too much, I'll likely boost her to 16GB anyway later down the road (She can actually handle up to 32GB, but I can't even buy SIMMs of DDR3 big enough to go that far even if I really wanted to, so that's out of the question for now)

Also, my mom is now considering a different job; one that, hopefully, would be less stressful. After all, being put under too much stress can do weird shit to you

Alex_Reetz

my opinion still stands, and it doesn't affect neither opinions. after 4gb of ram, the average user will not go over 2.6gbs.

Nichi

For me, having that much RAM is more of an ego thing; being able to say I have a "normal" desktop PC that can run circles around the server at work

Alex_Reetz

well, better then my at age 16 buying 6gb or ram for x32 windows xp just to have the implement she had big boobs.

ah, my childhood.

Krizonar

Quote from: PentiumMMX on June 02, 2011, 10:37:11 PMI can't even buy SIMMs of DDR3 big enough to go that far even if I really wanted to, so that's out of the question for now
Current problem I face. Only 8 GB sticks currently available are the wrong Hertz speed.

and you're right, Alex, but I don't usually use more than 3 gigs even with everything I have open, so on that, you're right. Just I like the side effect of boosted speed enough to pay for the RAM.

And yes, ram is also an ego thing :P

Aurora Borealis

My main Mac still only has 2GB of RAM. And I used to think that was a lot, but still gets the job done for me. My Mac Mini, which was my previous main (now secondary) Mac has only 1 GB. Before that was my B+W Power Mac G3 with 256 MB of RAM and was my main Mac until '08. @_@

Krizonar

You have a B+W Power Mac G3?
/jelly

Alex_Reetz

i had a g3 mac; for 3 days.

it caught fire when i was modding it. :[

Alex_Reetz

how i got my windows ME laptop
=======
How Original
=======

one day, whilst going home,
i was forced to go through the city dump to my way home due to a wreck(was too afraid because it looked like a crime scene.)
sadly enough, i forgot it was going to rain nor brought a jacket. so as soon as i enter the horrid fumes, it began to damn-right
downpour.  what is worse, i slipped on a banana peel and landed face first in a moldy walmart bag. while i got up, i noticed a box
labeled 'junk'. from peering at it, i saw what looked like a lcd screen, and ran towards this box. when i got to the box, i was surprised
to find a ripped apart laptop.(it was partly broken, so i thought i salvage it.) covering it with my waterlogged shirt, i retrieved the walmart bag and placed the laptop parts inside.
it was the longest walk ever(not joking; a 3 hour distance.) but i got home; drenched in mud and rain.

long story sort: ' i find out only the screen is cracked. it end up booting up to windows me. it was factory restored from 2001, but held some files. the laptop belonged to a
photographer, who took some nice picture( which means nothing) and a email from 2001 saying to upgrade all computers to xp. same date the system files. this always bugged me,
'how did that laptop get to the dump?' i ended up upgrading the ram and the screen, and started to use windows me. It was horrible, so i found a unofficial service pack for it, at to
this date, it has never caused me problems. about a week ago, i found another email saying" all employees are getting new laptops, please throw all old laptops into storage." so, i guessed
the photographer, worked at a place where they were upgrading laptops, found out they were getting new ones, and tossed it aside. this mad me feel sad about this laptop; just tossed aside, so
i found the address of the place from the box  and walked inside. their were the same laptops i found, but upgraded to vista, ugh.

a fitting punishment.

so i pulled the laptop from the dust, and use it to play old hentai/ sim date games daily.

and a love for windows ME

Red-Machine

Quote from: Krizonar on June 02, 2011, 07:50:29 PM
I would build my own computer, but then it would be a Hackintosh, which puts me in a morally odd position.

I managed to build a tower design with a Six Core Bloomfield @ 3.2 GHZ, 24 GB of 1333 DDR3 Ram with a Geforce GTX 550 TI for a graphics card and a highly efficient Power supply. It also sports DUAL 120 GB SSD SATA3 drives as well as two DVD drives.
For an almost on-the-dot (give or take $50) $3k.
inside this

I have that case, it's badass.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Krizonar

That makes me confused as to weather you like it or don't like it :P
anyway, I liked it because red was my favorite color and that case seems to shout "lol I'm a gaming PC, look at my huge, noisy, powerful fans!" to me. A mouthful for a case to say, really.

Red-Machine

My bad, typo!  I changed to "have".
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Krizonar

Oh, you have one like that? I've gotta say, that's pretty awesome. Since that's the case I'd get if I were to choose one.