just remember: 5 = F
6 = D
7 = C
8 = B
9 = A
10 = ~^0^~
click to make it bigger

Nichi

The letters as numbers in algebra reminds me of hexadecimal in a way; so maybe this won't be too hard...

Chocofreak13

well, actually, i meant as in grade. :\

so a 7/10 would be a c.

(not sure if that means anything to you since you were homeschooled .__.; )
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

lol, to us, that's an F.

A= 93+
B=85+
C=78+
D=71+
F= everything else

Nichi

I was always graded on a 100-point scale using this weird chart thing my mom bought eons ago, instead of traditional letter grading.

Why, exactly? Because the Kool-Aid Man is red, I guess

Chocofreak13

@kriz: in my school, it went:
64 and below = F
65 - 69 = D
70 - 80 = C
80 - 90 = B
90 -100 = A

with, of course, the minuses and pluses in there depending on the degree of the numbers. (D- didn't exist.)
click to make it bigger

Nichi

As for how the 100-point grading system worked, a 70 was the bare minimum I could pass with; hence why I'm so comfortable with a 7\10. However, I might take my mom's advice and reroll to go for an even higher score on geometry

Also, watching the news this morning, I saw a report about the tornadoes that hit close to Choco. Good thing she wasn't effected; that was a bit rough.

Chocofreak13

yeah. it was 2 hours from here, hence why i was getting scared. my mum told me that there was one about 20 minutes from here last year, though, and since we were fine, i think i'll be ok.

also, you should shoot for higher, since a C is average. if you can get an 80, then you can relax. :3
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

In my schools, and in most of my classes, 60-69 a D, 70-79 a C, 80-89 a B and 90+ an A.

Very straightforward. Those schools where 70 is the minimum passing grade seem more daunting, especially the school you to go, Krizo! 93 being the minimum grade for an A, and 85 the minimum for a B?! Ouch! x_x

Chocofreak13

mine was a little more stringent, but only in the D department. it was kinda hard to get a D, and like i said, D minuses pretty much didn't exist (i think it was the school's choice, but a few teachers might have given them out if the person got like, a 64).

on a related note, i find it kinda cool/astounding how the lowest grade i've gotten on a quiz/test since 7th grade was a c; and that was in 7th grade. (i find this astounding because i don't really study. xDD)

i think i make up for it by taking meticulous, meticulous notes. xD
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I plan on rerolling tonight to see if I can bump the score up higher on geometry. Yeah, I'm making this sound less like trying to get the GED and more like a D&D campaign...even though I've never played D&D before. I've wanted to, and had the chance to join some of my sister's friends in a campaign they where starting in '07, but schedule conflicts kept that from happening

Chocofreak13

you've never played D&D? ;^; have you at least played another tabletop RPG?
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Actually, no; it's something I've always wanted to do, but I could never find a group of people to play with (Except my sister's friends, who where willing to let me join them, but I never did because our schedules conflicted too much)

Pitkin

My spirit animal would be a bird. A small bird like the one in the picture: they've been important to me in life. ._.

I don't wish to speak about school grades personally. >.>

Krizonar

Even I've played D&D.

Female half orc named T'lol.