Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

@bells: if it's in new hampshire or close to it, we're definitely speaking of it again. :3
you'll have to direct me to said thrift shop and antique store, i love both of those and love laconia on top of that, so you can bet on your DEC book, earrings and dog that we're going there. -w-

and i'm really glad to hear that luci's better. when olive dislocated her hip 2 years ago, i freaked, so i know that it's always heart-wrenching when something happens to a pet. :[

@pentium: like my dad. :\

so i made a song in utau!

well, it's not done yet, but it's almost there! ^^
(ps. red, it's a full version of the mail song. :3)
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I now have a 1TB external HDD for my desktop; which, to be completely honest, is more space than I know what to do with. However, that's obviously better than not having enough space at all; which is what I ran into pretty quickly with that 80GB internal HDD

@Bella: It's good that your dog is doing better.
Also, I wish there was an antique store like what you mentioned in my hometown. The ones around here only deal in really old furniture; which, while it's neat to see, is not what I look for.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

I almost bought a 1.5TB HDD, which was cheaper, but the 1TB one I bought was USB 3.0 compatible; allowing me to take advantage of one of the more cutting-edge features of 2k-tan the Desktop. Now, I'm ready for the upgrade to an SSD...and my internet connection is going to hate me for downloading Portal 2 again

Chocofreak13

:\
you REALLY need to hang out at your sister's more.

in other news, i'm getting a manicure tomorrow (my first one, lol) and i just downloaded a bunch of kawaii vocaloid ringtones to my ipod (and one family guy one).

hmm, i'm on a girly streak recently. well, at least the ringtones are anime and the manicure will be black and red.... :\
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on May 26, 2011, 09:02:08 PMand i'm really glad to hear that luci's better. when olive dislocated her hip 2 years ago, i freaked, so i know that it's always heart-wrenching when something happens to a pet. :[

Our last cat Sylvesta dislocated her shoulder when she fell off the sofa trying to get her claw unstuck.  My mum was like "OMG GET THE CAT BOX WE'RE GOING TO THE VETS!" but Sylvesta just took it in her stride and popped it back into place herself, then acted like nothing happened. xP
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Nichi

At long last, it's Friday! Now, I just have to get through one more day of work before the weekend...

@Choco: There's an idea; maybe once I do this upgrade, I'll drag my desktop over there to get it downloaded faster...as long as my sister has her desktop setup, so I have somewhere to easily setup mine

Dr. Kraus

Well, the school's tech department offered me a job today (which is good because its full time unlike my one with my dad which is whenever he needs me, not that often...)!

I'll be getting the details on Tuesday from the head of the tech department himself, best thing is that if any computers /monitors/anything else are old, unused, partly damaged then I get to take them if I feel like I can get some use out of them! (I know they have a TRASH-80 in the basement, it shall be mine!)

NejinOniwa

U JELLY?
I AM
FUCK YOU, KRAUS
THIS IS WHY I CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS HAPPEN TO ME ;_;
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: NejinOniwa on May 27, 2011, 03:17:29 PM
U JELLY?
I AM
FUCK YOU, KRAUS
THIS IS WHY I CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS HAPPEN TO ME ;_;

Its ok, any books I find or portiple stuff I'll bring to you when I visit Europe!

Anyone up for some minecraft'n? I know I am!

Nichi

@Kraus: They have a TRS-80? That's among the many old, non-IBM compatible computers I had a chance at buying ages ago, although it's not one I regret passing up; the one I regret the most was a gigantic Commodroe 64 lot that had the system itself complete in box with a ton of accessories and several boxes full of software for a cool $20...but, being young and ignorant, I passed it up because I saw it as "trash" due to not being IBM compatible or even a Macintosh.

Also, I feel old when I say "IBM compatible"...

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: PentiumMMX on May 27, 2011, 04:32:02 PM
Also, I feel old when I say "IBM compatible"...

I feel awesome!

Nichi

I also feel old whenever I happen to bring up that I remember when a 75Mhz Pentium was considered impressive...but to be honest, I still think it is; I got that little Pentium that was in the Yeti to do things not even a 166Mhz AMD-K6 could pull off, with the same amount of RAM

Red-Machine

You're younger than me right?  Back then, I wasn't even conscious of computer hardware.  I knew we had a Pentium MMX in our PC at the time and that was about it.  (a 166MHz model with 16MB RAM, if you're interested)

I didn't start getting conscious of the hardware industry until the mid-2000s, and even then it was only really graphics cards.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Nichi

I didn't know how fast said Pentium was until I was older, but I knew it at least had a Pentium in it. I didn't really start becoming familiar with PC hardware until around '02; but it was mainly Intel processors I knew back then (Like the fabled Pentium MMX; which I saw ads for years prior, and, once I figured out what made it different from a regular Pentium, I wanted it badly. I did, in fact, have a laptop that ran on it back in '03; which I used until it was so worn out it wouldn't even turn on anymore)