The "Old games I still like to play" thread

Started by Gussy Keniji, November 29, 2007, 08:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VonDaab

None of those are exactly old...
Could be better in the "favorite games" thread.

Smokey

True, we're looking for stuff like Wolf3d and Dune2 here... ^_^
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Seamore

Maybe like Jagged Alliance and Ufo:X-com?
These two game age very old (around the mid 90's) and I still playing this game till now.
--- When it\'s worth doing, it\'s worth overdoing it ---

VonDaab

Anyone remember those old Close Combat games?
I used to play them a lot in my early teens, and now after all the military training, I got back into the series and noticed how realistic those games are.

Smokey

Only game i remember wich was remotely realistic (as far as i've heard) was Delta force Black Hawk Down and the Team Sabre expansion...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

VonDaab

Well, I meant that CloseCombat was realistic in the sense of strategy, unit morale and stuff.
On the graphical side it was pretty much tiny pixel people fighting each other.

Smokey

that's what i mean too... strategy, gear, etc...eyecandy doesn't neccesarily make something realistic...
Thanks Fedora-sama

VonDaab

Tiny handheld is TINY

I hope this image clears up why I designed Lynx-tan the way she is now.

Smokey

Yeah, i know, my mate still has one... and some of the retro-game shops have them if you're lucky... heck i even saw GG and a couple of game and watch-es in a store like that... they even had Atari 2800s.... ^_^
Thanks Fedora-sama

VonDaab

Well, I've found webstores that sell BRAND NEW Lynx stuff, even if the console is already 20 years old. But why its brand new might have to do with the fact that people back in the days didnt really want to pay that much for consoles so the stuff have been lying in store for some time...
There's also some stores that still sell Atari 2600 stuff...
There are some games on the Lynx that I must get, like, STUN runner and Warbirds, for great justice and 3D engine!

Smokey

Heh, gotta love the old games... wich reminds me, i have to scrounge up Lunar Lander sometime...
Thanks Fedora-sama

VonDaab

OOOHH, I have lunar lander somewhere on a floppy disk.
Now where that disk is... is an mystery.

Smokey

Heh, i just cleared out a bunch of old diskettes... Found my original MS DOS6 disks and Windows 3.11 disks...my first official, legal OSes... ^_^
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

I was in Ã...re for 10 days total, travel days included.

My playtime counter on my Pokemon Red, which I restarted when I got on the train up, reads 53h 41m.

That's 23 mutherfucken percent.

I WIN.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

VonDaab

Giana Sisters on mah DS!?
More likely than you think.
I just found out that they've made a remake of it last year, keeping the old music tracks in remixed amiga style and completely remade stages, which is awesome.

The style its made in is sort of alienating at first, but when you think about it and look closer at the whole thing, it feels like a very solid style.

And you know what is the most awesome with it?

NO STYLUS WAGGLAN.