C-chan Concoctions

Started by C-Chan, April 01, 2007, 10:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

ZOMG O_____O

That's one heck of a background if I've ever seen one!

VonDaab

.... makes me want snow.

I really like the detail on the tea cup.

Gussy Keniji

Oh my-! O,o

This here is simply amazing, C-chan and FCL-chan nor Abra-chan aren't even in it yet. excellent work on detail and lighting! can't wait for this to be completed ^^

I especially like the lil' snowOSes back there, real cute dood ^^

"Wut..."

C-Chan

Thank you all!  ^___^
Tried to get as much done prior to the New Year, but still have shading to do.  Shouldn't take long,... after which I'll finally return to do all my responses.  ^^

But first,... let me say goodbye to this dreadful year, and hope next one won't be any worse.  ^^;

Added after 36 minutes:

Oh yeah,...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!  ^V^

VonDaab

Haha, Hats exchanged.

GJ!

NejinOniwa

I KNEW there was something strange with that picture...thank you, Daab-kun -w-

Happy new years everybody, as well! Lucky for me, it's snowing bricks here just in time for the spirit to sink in, so I'm just hoping the temperature sinks another few degrees. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

zjhentohlauedy

simply exquisite!! ;019

I love every detail! especially the tea..
which reminds me, i need to drink my daily tea.
My my, aren't you lovely~

Kami-Tux

/me swooooooooooons about the DSL-tan and -kun picture.

/me eventually gets up and sees the FCL-chan and Abra-chan picture.

/me manages to squawkt ath the level of detail is awesome, and the drinks are almost photorealistic, then immediately swooooooons again

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

C-Chan

Thanks again, y'all.  ^^
I decided to add all my responses first before finishing the drawing.  ^.^

QuoteZOMG O_____O

That's one heck of a background if I've ever seen one!

And I can open sauce it when I'm done, if you'd like.  As is always the case, the method is a helluva lot simpler than it looks.  ^.^

QuoteI really like the detail on the tea cup.

Admittedly, I used a real picture as a base for the glass tea cup and iced tea.  But it was an interesting experiment nonetheless.  ^^

QuoteI especially like the lil' snowOSes back there, real cute dood ^^

Thank you, Gus-san.  ^^
I should note, however, that those aren't just snowOSes.  They're actually Mimail-chan, FreeBSD-tan and XP Pro-tan lying in wait for the two chicken girls to finally crawl out of their hiding place (it's against Byte Me restaurant policy to eat people within the premises).  Since Abraxas and FCL-tan have a lot to eat, drink and do while they wait out the "siege", snow just kinda... piled-up on the would-be predators.  ^_____^

QuoteHaha, Hats exchanged.

GJ!

Thank you!  You got it.  ^.^

QuoteI love every detail! especially the tea..
which reminds me, i need to drink my daily tea.

Aside from being a chronic tea drinker (of different varieties mind you), I've lately gotten into the habit of drinking hot tea during meals.  

Whatever you end up doing, of course, it's certainly highly recommended to drink more tea.  ^___^

Quote/me swooooooooooons about the DSL-tan and -kun picture.

/me eventually gets up and sees the FCL-chan and Abra-chan picture.

/me manages to squawkt ath the level of detail is awesome, and the drinks are almost photorealistic, then immediately swooooooons again

Fufu... thank you Oh Great Penguin Goddess.  ^^
I figured you might like seeing a lot more Linux OSes (and BSD OSes) drawn.  ^.^

All the art is 100% vector graphics -- however, I did use real pictures as reference material.  That includes the table, lamp, salt & pepper, drinks, and snow scene.  The neon sign I created from memory of the one I saw in the Chinese-Spanish restaurant that inspired the picture.  ^___^

Sadly, the picture was not fast to produce, but it didn't take as much time as it could have using the older methods from last year.  ^^

Bella

QuoteThank you all! ^___^
Tried to get as much done prior to the New Year, but still have shading to do. Shouldn't take long,... after which I'll finally return to do all my responses. ^^

But first,... let me say goodbye to this dreadful year, and hope next one won't be any worse. ^^;

ZOMG! Awesome! I'd swoon, but I'm saving my swoons till I see the finished product :P

This is a really incredible picture, the snowy scene looks like...well...outside my window right now ;)

And touches like the glutton snowmen (XD), the reflections on the window panes and the neon sign are neat. The drinks are simply incredible, as well!

I didn't realize their hats were mixed up until it was pointed out! XD

And Happy New Year!

QuoteAnd I can open sauce it when I'm done, if you'd like. As is always the case, the method is a helluva lot simpler than it looks. ^.^

Mmmmmm...open sauce....

QuoteI should note, however, that those aren't just snowOSes. They're actually Mimail-chan, FreeBSD-tan and XP Pro-tan lying in wait for the two chicken girls to finally crawl out of their hiding place (it's against Byte Me restaurant policy to eat people within the premises). Since Abraxas and FCL-tan have a lot to eat, drink and do while they wait out the "siege", snow just kinda... piled-up on the would-be predators. ^_____^

Ahhh, that's the Byte Me pizzeria! I recognized the symbol but couldn't figure out where I'd seen it before...

QuoteAside from being a chronic tea drinker (of different varieties mind you), I've lately gotten into the habit of drinking hot tea during meals.

Whatever you end up doing, of course, it's certainly highly recommended to drink more tea. ^___^

Heh...I usually only drink tea during breakfast, cause I've never been much of a coffee type...

QuoteAll the art is 100% vector graphics -- however, I did use real pictures as reference material. That includes the table, lamp, salt & pepper, drinks, and snow scene. The neon sign I created from memory of the one I saw in the Chinese-Spanish restaurant that inspired the picture. ^___^

I couldn't imagine something like this could be done free of references.

C-Chan

Okay, I'm done finally!!  ^v^
Turns out the lighting on the girls was not as dynamic as I thought, although it did require the kind of backlight shading I used for Windows CE-tan in my last pic.  

Also had to tint the windows a bit since the background seemed to overpower the foreground, and it also diminished the "intimacy" of the moment (several hours under siege tend to brings poultry-lovers together, you know).  ^__~

Hope you like!

Added after 5 minutes:

QuoteThis is a really incredible picture, the snowy scene looks like...well...outside my window right now

Thank the power of Pattern Fills for that.  Ever since I wrote up that chapter, I've been using them a lot more frequently myself.  ^^'

QuoteAnd touches like the glutton snowmen (XD), the reflections on the window panes and the neon sign are neat. The drinks are simply incredible, as well!

Thank you Bella-san.  ^.^
You can probably figure out on your own how all those neat tricks were produced.  But remember,... sauce available on request.  ^__^

QuoteAhhh, that's the Byte Me pizzeria! I recognized the symbol but couldn't figure out where I'd seen it before...

I was originally going to use the OSC Cafe, but there's no logo for that yet whereas Byte Me has one and then some!  ^__^
Besides, I was already paying tribute to Siya-san, Gus-san, Infinity Zero-san, and you... so I figured, why not Aurora-san as well?  ^___^

QuoteHeh...I usually only drink tea during breakfast, cause I've never been much of a coffee type...

Good girl. ^^

*gives Bella a cookie*

QuoteI couldn't imagine something like this could be done free of references.

Well when you're dealing with glass, liquid and other reflective/translucent surfaces, this is still an area we have very little practice with so reference materials are inevitable.  Hopefully they'll come naturally to us some day.  ^^

Aurora Borealis

0___0 The whole picture is fantastic but I'm blown away by the photorealism of the tea cups and reflections! And also thank you for adding in a ZS reference! BYTE ME! :D

Kami-Tux

Quote from: "C-Chan"
Fufu... thank you Oh Great Penguin Goddess.  ^^
I figured you might like seeing a lot more Linux OSes (and BSD OSes) drawn.  ^.^

Indeed, I really liked to see FreeBSD-tan (and an OS-tan which uses its network stack :) xp-tan and FreeBSD-tan probably really get along reasonably well, scary thought) and Linuxen! But if I pointed out every single aspect in which your picture was awesome, I'd miss the things, real life excepts me to do.

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Siya

AWESOME! *____*

It's nice to see that, not only does Abraxas-tan not want to eat FCL-tan's hat, but that they can be friends, too!  

*wags finger at those who wish to eat hats*

I like how there's so much here, too.  The Byte Me pizzeria is a nice touch.   ^__^

C-Chan

Quote0___0 The whole picture is fantastic but I'm blown away by the photorealism of the tea cups and reflections! And also thank you for adding in a ZS reference! BYTE ME!

What can I say?  Amiga-tan's first appearance got burnt into my memory.  ^__^

Besides, the restaurant name holds a triple meaning, since that's precisely what Mimail, FreeB-chan and XP-tan want to do with their hats,.... "byte" them.  ^_____________^

QuoteIndeed, I really liked to see FreeBSD-tan (and an OS-tan which uses its network stack xp-tan and FreeBSD-tan probably really get along reasonably well, scary thought) and Linuxen! But if I pointed out every single aspect in which your picture was awesome, I'd miss the things, real life excepts me to do.

Ohhoho.... so there CAN be a rhyme and reason for me making FreeB-chan a....... gourmand....... ^^'

Actually, she's not so much a glutton as rather simply capable of eating strange and exotic things.  But I'll read more into this Network Stack thing anyway.  ^______^

QuoteAWESOME! *____*

It's nice to see that, not only does Abraxas-tan not want to eat FCL-tan's hat, but that they can be friends, too!

*wags finger at those who wish to eat hats*

Fufufu... not sure how I can say this, so I'll just say it....
I think the two have the potential to be just a taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad bit more than just friends.  ^^