C-chan Concoctions

Started by C-Chan, April 01, 2007, 10:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meiko Taniguchi

Remember C-chan's kick-rear 2.5-sama pic?
He (she!?) worked on that picture specifically for a collaboration with me to create... hm...

OS-TANS AND OS-KUNS, I present to you, the Castrol-Windows 95 OSR2.5-tan FZ50 GTR*!

*FZ50 GTR = A car that is highly popular with "skinners", this car and many others can be found in the racing simulation Live For Speed S2. This car is not so friendly to a completely new driver though...

Ps. Sorry to totally t-bone your thread off the road, but I HAD to post this somehow... ^_^
Drive fast... crash faster.

Tsubashi

OOOOOooooooooooooooooh!!!
That is some Fancy texturing! Extremely well done, I think ^-^
Though you had me confused there for a moment. The link you wrote was upload relative, and so it was very different from what you were describing. Don't worry, I fixed it for you ^.^

Added after 1 minutes:

I did notice that Lilly-san was highlighted in yellow, how nice of you ^__^
Though why would Vis-tan be endorsing 2.5-sama's car?
-Tsu

Bella

QuoteBTW, Bella-sama, I hear you finally found the Easter Egg! ^v^
(and yeah, there was some writing on it as well.... ^^)

Care to hear an explanation for such a,.... peculiar easter egg.....? ^^;

Yes!

(Though I'm just going to make a probably-wrong guess and say it's because you know I love XP Home...?)

QuoteOS-TANS AND OS-KUNS, I present to you, the Castrol-Windows 95 OSR2.5-tan FZ50 GTR*!

Cool!  ;010 Beautiful job!

C-Chan

*stumbles into thread*

HUFF PUFF HUFF PUFF GAAAAAAAAhhhhhh---  >v<

I'm pooped.... ^^;

*flops face first into ground with exhaustion*

QuoteRemember C-chan's kick-rear 2.5-sama pic?
He (she!?)

He......  x___x

Quote...worked on that picture specifically for a collaboration with me to create... hm...

OS-TANS AND OS-KUNS, I present to you, the Castrol-Windows 95 OSR2.5-tan FZ50 GTR*!

*C-chan revives*

ZOMG!!!!!!!!!  THAT IS HOTTER THAN HOT TAMALES IN THE KALAHARI!!!!!!!!  @O@

Quote*FZ50 GTR = A car that is highly popular with "skinners", this car and many others can be found in the racing simulation Live For Speed S2. This car is not so friendly to a completely new driver though...

Wow, that's fine.  You need awesome sk1llz to work with the Goddess, after all!  ^___^

QuotePs. Sorry to totally t-bone your thread off the road, but I HAD to post this somehow...

*tsk tsk tsk*  You forget my friend that my threads are always havens for tangents.  ^.^
Besides,... this is too awesome to admonish, and anyone who does will get their rears beaten up by a pig!  `v'

QuoteOOOOOooooooooooooooooh!!!
That is some Fancy texturing! Extremely well done, I think ^-^
Though you had me confused there for a moment. The link you wrote was upload relative, and so it was very different from what you were describing. Don't worry, I fixed it for you ^.^

Thank you Tsubashi-dono for fixing this particular instance of winnage.  ^___^

QuoteI did notice that Lilly-san was highlighted in yellow, how nice of you ^__^
Though why would Vis-tan be endorsing 2.5-sama's car?

Lilly-san endorsement = good
Vistan endorsement = curse

But it's all good anyway,.... ^v^

QuoteYes!

(Though I'm just going to make a probably-wrong guess and say it's because you know I love XP Home...?)

Yep, wrong guess.  ^___^
Besides, you're a big fan of Homeko and strangely-enough hardly mention Homeo very much (except for that neat  sketch of him next to Homeo and Cheeta-sama).  ^__^

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back before I even drew original OS-tans, I had character concepts for a few of them (especially Amiga and Palm-chan), but I also had stories that tied them directly to the canon Windows and Macs.  One of them involved Homeo unwittingly becoming Palm-chan's host, and unknowingly wishing for something that Palm-chan (sufficiently creeped out by the boy to assume he was some sort of closet pervert) interprets as getting shrunk (aka "7-zipped") and teleported into Homeko's room.  The whole story wouldn't have taken place just in that room, so you can imagine all the mayhem he and his less-than useful genie companion get into.  

Because of Inkscape's scalable graphics, it becomes possible to insert cute easter eggs like that (in this case, an homage to an old story concept) that no one would ever find without REALLY hunting through the SVG.  ^___^

If I had the time, I probably could've turned it into some sort of Treasure Hunt (at the risk of seeming a bit perverse, of course)....  ^v^

*energy drains*

Okay, that's all I can do for today....

Tutorial writing and Wiki editing and SLeepyD drawing will ensue..... X___X;

*swoons*  X__X

Alfamille

Hey C!

Me and Bose-dono (???) from ++ were chatting few hours ago. He really liked Windows 95 OSR2.5 when uploaded to ++.  http://nijiura.com/os/niji.php?res=25297

Through chat,  he wanted me to tell you his comment:

" say hello him ç´ æ™´ã,‰ã—ã,, 95-2.5たã,"ã,' ã,ã,ŠãŒã¨ã†ï¼!"

Good stuff C! good stuff! ;)

C-Chan

Thank you Alfamille-san,... no, sama!!  ^v^
I hereby upgrade you myself to Ambassador Alfamille! ^-^
(hey, that actually has a nice ring to it!  ^.^)

But I definitely appreciate how masterfully you've handled everything and how bravely you've decided to immerse yourself in the Japanese language.  You, my friend, have got guts that I can only dream of having.  ^___~

FYI, in case anyone's wondering what Bose-dono(?) is saying....

ç´ æ™´ã,‰ã—ã,, 95-2.5たã,"ã,' ã,ã,ŠãŒã¨ã†ï¼!

subarashii 95 2.5-tan-o arigatou!!

Thank you for the beautiful 95 2.5-tan!!  [maybe?]

C-Chan

*flops on ground with exhaustion*

Finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  XvX
WOOHOOOOO!!!!!  The C-chan actually finished a second commission,... that's like, a new record!!!  Xvx

In any event,... tell me what you think of our final handiwork, SleepyD?  ^---^

In the end I did opt for a compromise between traditional Anime cel-shading and the softer Manga-esque renditions I've been producing lately.  i think it makes OS/2-san look sharper  ^^
Don't forget I still have to clean-up the original SVG for you so you can safely separate the color from your lineart without any hassles.  ^__^

Now then, at long last time for MOS-chan!  ^v^

But first..... rest...... ^______^

*flop*

*snooooooooooore*  -___- Zzzzzzzzzz

Icelilly

*pets*
Get some sleep C-Chan... Sleep my piggy... Icelilly-san will still be here. ^__^

She's really pretty! You did such a great job! ^____^ *dances*

Bella

Beautiful!

I really like the shading on her...that, the pose, and her hair are probably my favorite points :D

QuoteYep, wrong guess. ^___^
Besides, you're a big fan of Homeko and strangely-enough hardly mention Homeo very much (except for that neat sketch of him next to Homeo and Cheeta-sama). ^__^

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back before I even drew original OS-tans, I had character concepts for a few of them (especially Amiga and Palm-chan), but I also had stories that tied them directly to the canon Windows and Macs. One of them involved Homeo unwittingly becoming Palm-chan's host, and unknowingly wishing for something that Palm-chan (sufficiently creeped out by the boy to assume he was some sort of closet pervert) interprets as getting shrunk (aka "7-zipped") and teleported into Homeko's room. The whole story wouldn't have taken place just in that room, so you can imagine all the mayhem he and his less-than useful genie companion get into.

Because of Inkscape's scalable graphics, it becomes possible to insert cute easter eggs like that (in this case, an homage to an old story concept) that no one would ever find without REALLY hunting through the SVG. ^___^

If I had the time, I probably could've turned it into some sort of Treasure Hunt (at the risk of seeming a bit perverse, of course).... ^v^

LOL!!!

That sounds funny, in a creepy Homeo/Homeko sorta way XD

Actually, I've always considered my computer's OS-tan to be Homeko, and our other XP home machine's OS-tan to be Homeo, because it's newer and smaller...

does that make me odd O__o

Aurora Borealis

Set picture to 'stunning'! ;010 (okay, bad pun on "Set phasers to stun" but... oh well!)

I really like these collaboration projects because they bring out the greatest points of each artist's style! Awesome job, C-Chan and SleepyD! ;019

NejinOniwa

LAZOR BEEMS!!! >w<
They blind me with their beauty!!!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

C-Chan

Quote*pets*
Get some sleep C-Chan... Sleep my piggy... Icelilly-san will still be here. ^__^

She's really pretty! You did such a great job! ^____^ *dances*

Thank you Lilly-san!  ^v^

BTW, she was colored and shaded using vector graphics.  So if you're interested, I'll show you how to do stuff like that.  ^.^

QuoteBeautiful!

I really like the shading on her...that, the pose, and her hair are probably my favorite points

Thank you, Bella-san!  ^___^
Definitely, SleepyD outdid himself with the pose work.  I am a bit proud of the hair, though -- no kidding, since it did take quite a while to do.... ^.^;

QuoteLOL!!!

That sounds funny, in a creepy Homeo/Homeko sorta way XD

Actually, I've always considered my computer's OS-tan to be Homeko, and our other XP home machine's OS-tan to be Homeo, because it's newer and smaller...

does that make me odd O__o

Well after coming out with the whole shrinking Homeo story, it's hard for me to think of anything else as weird you know.  ^___^;

BTW, funny bit of trivia, but during the early stages of the Wallpaper Submission contest, I actually had planned to produce a wallpaper with a very happy CE-tan holding out a very tiny Homeo (who's yelling at a Palm-chan, btw) cupped in the palm of her hand.  Again, a brief homage to my old manga idea, and one I still wouldn't mind making.  ^^'

QuoteSet picture to 'stunning'!  (okay, bad pun on "Set phasers to stun" but... oh well!)

That one's cute!  Gots to write it down!  ^v^

*scribble scribble scribble*

QuoteI really like these collaboration projects because they bring out the greatest points of each artist's style! Awesome job, C-Chan and SleepyD!

I do miss our old collaboration projects, though.  Check out the Wiki thread for a quick revival project proposal.  ^^

QuoteLAZOR BEEMS!!! >w<
They blind me with their beauty!!!

Yep, you sound like you're a-CHARGIN' YA LAZOR!!!!  ^___^;

SleepyD

haargablarhabugaaraawwr~~ <3  o3o  

XD;

That's so beautiful.... *sniff* I have no words. *claps energetically instead*

huhu.... soon it'll be time for a background~~ ehehe. wonder how I should go about this one.....

C-Chan

Yes, the Sleep is here and ready to claim his SVG!!!!!!  ^v^

Ah $@&!, I forgot to fix it up.  ^___^'

Heck, why don't I just send you the original SVG and you see if you need it separated,.. just cause it really will take quite a long time to do so.  ^^'

In any event, background,... background,... *ponders* background.......  -v-

Well, the sword thingies worked with Darknight's old battle suit 95-tan, so what about some sort of phaser theme or massive starship battle backdrop (with digital numbers, of course, like you did in your last OS/2-tan pic).

SleepyD

haha, sure, go ahead and send it to me. ^^

and I think I have an idea forming... now to make the bg match her footing..... ^_^