Main Menu

Did you know...

Started by NekOSaka, February 26, 2007, 08:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewYinzer

Quotedid you know we are all just a bunch of perverts? We just dont like to admit it.

We sure are. Did you know that most anime fans take the the Hentai Shinkansen daily to Chikan, Ecchi Prefecture?

Gummster

Quote from: "CaptBrendan"just cus your our resident non pervert dosnt mean the rest of us arnt
Ehem...
I wish to declare myself non perverted as well.

Tsubashi

Alright, Gummster-san!!! ^v^
*High Five*

Did you know: This thread has one of the most all-encompassing topic of this forum? ^^'
-Tsu

Gummster

*High-fives Tsubashi*

NewYinzer

It's a thorny issue. Wikipedia defines perversion as:

"A term and concept describing those types of human behavior that are perceived to be a deviation from what is considered to be orthodox or normal"

Considering that I like San Pellegrino more than Perrier, Sprite more than Sierra Mist, Onkyo more than Sony, Japan more than China, and Asian women more than Hispanic women, I suppose I'm a pervert by those measures.

If you apply that logic to anime, it makes more sense. If you take a commonly accepted fact, like most men love women with bigger breasts more, then you can separate people based on that fact. If we say that all orthodox men like large breasts, then Suguru Misato, who is often seen as a pervert, is not a pervert, because he shares a common belief. Thus, the idea that someone is a pervert just because of a certain sexual preference is wrong. Maybe I should lay off the Sprite for a few months...

Tsubashi

Well, as long as we are basing Wikipe-tan as authority, you forgot to include this:
Quote from: "Wikipe-tan"In the present day, the word is often presumed to mean sexual, rather than religious or other, perversion.

Also, from Wiktionary:

Quote from: "Wiktitionary"To turn from truth, rectitude, or propriety; to divert from a right use, end, or way; to lead astray; to corrupt

Thus, by reviewing your example armed with further knowledge, we may discover that though Suguru-san's preference of large breasts may not qualify him for the term 'pervert,' his rather repulsive habit of viewing said breasts nude is not the functional purpose for such, thus he is perverted. Also, if I may establish the postulate that sex outside of marriage is wrong, Suguru-san's hasty conclusions of said actions also qualify him.

Secondly, your example of self is, in my humble opinion, quite useless. None of the items you mentioned are societally decided, either for or against. Disregarding extremists, there is no person who will think significantly less of you because you prefer Sprite over Sierra Mist. Society, for the most part anyway, still regards chastity and virtue as 'good' and desirable qualities. Therefore, any action or item which corrupts these is, by definition, perverted.

In conclusion, it is not the sexual preference which makes one perverted, it is the misuse of said preference. ^__^
-Tsu

Kami-Tux

Did you know that last year, the most biggest taxpayer in cologne was a state-owned company?

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

NewYinzer

Did you know that if you shoot a watermelon with an assault rifle, everyone around you will be covered with watermelon juice?

Kami-Tux

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

NejinOniwa

Did you know that the only nation that has Swedish as state language...is Finland?
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Kami-Tux

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

NekOSaka

Did you know that I won't be going to jail for bombing film companies just yet. I just saw the trailer for Ironman... I was left speechless. It looked that good...  and they have THE SONG. At the end of the movie trailer they had a piece of iron, it got stamped and had "IRONMAN" glowing after, and they had the clip from the song "I-AM-IRONMAN"

NejinOniwa

Did you know that Ramadan starts today? ^-^
Not that I'm a muslim, but there's a lot of them in Sweden, so the stores bunker up and stuff. Kinda cool. ^^

NekOSaka

Did you know that yesterday was Talk Like a Pirate Day?

NejinOniwa

Yes. So did my english teacher.

>w<