Main Menu

Did you know...

Started by NekOSaka, February 26, 2007, 08:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Aru hare na hi no koto....hm-hm-hmm-hm hmm!!! *commence mikuru raep*
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Silentbob

Well, I'd drink if it were with Gin-sama.   I don't drink much these days, tho.  I like to spend my money on other things.

NejinOniwa

Hehe, indeed...young people these days seem to drink just to get drunk, don't they? Stupids. I mean, what's the deal with people drinking 5â,¬ smuggled crap beer from germany that tastes like cat pee just to get high? I mean seriously!
I'm keeping to my glorious champagne until something more exciting shows up, ssu -w-

Kami-Tux

Don't insult German beer! :>

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Gummster

Yes. It's actually Swedish beer that tastes like crap!

NejinOniwa

Sweden has no beer, sweden has BEAR -w-

NekOSaka

I live in the USA, I see lots of people do lots of stupid things involving, alcohol, weed/pot/hemp, breathing fumes, holding breath to pass out, chewing tobaco, (fill in blank). I've seen a kid take a pouch of tea, roll it into a cigaret and smoke it. The same kid lit his own hair on fire, several times. I've seen so many stupid things...

CaptBrenden

QuoteAlcohol is bad for you!

Always one for discussion, and since this is the did you know thread...

Did you know an occasional glass of wine (i forget red or white) actually is good for your heart and helps clean out your arteries?  

Too many people buy into the media hype about how cirtain things are "bad"  Alcohol is one, people that dont drink talk like its the devil.  Its just fine if you drink in MODERATION.  Same with nicotine, it actually has many good medical aplications, but no one perscribes it because of the stigma around it.  same with guns. Sport or target shooting is fun and safe if your responible, and guns in a trained individuals hands could save lives (if viginia tech had passed the law to allow people to carry their weapons on campus, that wack job wouldnt have made it past one class room before someone stopped him, so it turned out not having guns was more unsafe...)
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Tsubashi

Did you know there are alternatives?

The chemicals classified as "Polyphenol antioxidants" are typically what researchers point to as the beneficial content of red wine (Though more resent studies suggest that Polyphenol antioxidants does exist within the pulp of grapes, and therefore ought to exits in white wine also)

Polyphenol antioxidants, however, exist in most legumes and vegetables, along with some fruits. Dark chocolate also contains these beneficial chemicals.

I am not saying that persons drinking wine/alcohol are, by default, bad. However, I cannot condone the consumption of such materials as have caused or aided many of the perverse and wicked things in the world today. Captain-san is right, there ought to be moderation in all things. Abstinence, however, is also a feasible solution. Alcohol does not aid the beneficial properties of the wine. Drinking unfermented grape juice will have the same effect.

As for nicotine and guns, Captain-san is spot on. Nicotine should only be used for medical purposes. Unfortunately, it would too often be abused. Guns, however, are made to kill, no matter which way you look at it. Hopefully, people will learn to abstain from killing humans....
It depletes the food supply! ^__^
-Tsu

CaptBrenden

QuoteHopefully, people will learn to abstain from killing humans....

..... as a realist I have to say that world will never come, and if it does, it wont be in our life time.  that being the case, Im going to stay armed to protect myself and other people from those who would do the harm you speak of.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Tsubashi

True, true. It's a sad realization I've also concluded, though I would probably be ineffective if I was armed with unnatural weapons. ^^'
Still, I believe that day will come eventually, but until then.. better safe than sorry?
-Tsu

NekOSaka

Sure *Grabs holy hand grenade*

NekOSaka

Did you know that they made a Trolls video game? You know Trolls, the creepy naked toys with Don King style hair in a rainbow of colors. Yeah...

Kami-Tux

Did you know that fark is turkish for difference?

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

NekOSaka

So "What the fark" =What the difference?