Project WIKI

Started by NewYinzer, November 07, 2006, 08:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siya

I filled out an infobox for IrfanView-tan.  I hope to have an article for her done sometime this week, but I want to get some things sorted out first.  

Also, I was wondering if Babelfish-tan would technically be a site or an application?  Since she's not in the list, yet...

Kiso

Hmm... up to the point I have used the translator, I consider Babelfish  as a software/application. Sites just have the Babelfish translator as a service/feature more than it being an integrated part of the site (even though it is actually integrated.
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

Smokey

That makes me wonder how the relation between the programming-languages-tans and the software-tans are...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

C-Chan

Fufufu.... when in doubt, let Wiki decide.  ^^

QuoteBabel Fish is a web-based application developed by AltaVista (now part of Yahoo!) which machine translates text or web pages from one of several languages into another. It takes its name from the Babel fish, a fictional animal used for instantaneous language translation in Douglas Adams' novel The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The word Babel is a borrowed reference to the biblical account of the city of Babel and the various languages which were said to have arisen there. The translation technology for Babel Fish is provided by SYSTRAN, whose technology also powers a number of other sites and portals.

In other words, even though it's been around for a long time, Babelfish is not unlike the new Web 2.0 apps that blurs the line between applications and webpages.

Case in point, you can now use Photoshop online:

https://www.photoshop.com/express/landing.html

That being said, I think I will concur that she would be an App-tan.  ^__^

QuoteThat makes me wonder how the relation between the programming-languages-tans and the software-tans are...

I'd venture to guess that Program Language-tans would be akin to midwives, nannies and preschool teachers.  ^^;

Added after 16 minutes:

BTW, Siya-san....

To answer your question, the latest version of Irfanvew is version 4.10, released 10-15-2007.  ^^

Siya

QuoteBTW, Siya-san....

To answer your question, the latest version of Irfanvew is version 4.10, released 10-15-2007. ^^
Actually, I thought that I had put the version and release date in already, but the output was the question, instead.  Maybe was doing it all in my head.

I think that Babelfish-tan tends to hang around web browsers, anyway.

Added after 2 hours 57 minutes:

I finished up the IrfanView-tan article.  I'm not feeling incredibly coherent, right now, so you might want to check it over for severe errors...or repitition...or repitition...

Also, I was going to try inputing the release info, again, but it seemed to already be there.  I don't know if this is a problem with the coding for this particular infobox or not. Maybe I'm doin' something wrong.

C-Chan

Seems fine actually.  :)

BTW, I did take a look at the code referenced in
http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/index.php?title=Template:SOinfobox&action=edit

Apparently the last version date should be "reldate" rather than "sorel".  All fixed now, though.  ^.^

Siya

Bella

Good job on the IrfanView and Ghostzilla articles, Siya!

QuoteI'd venture to guess that Program Language-tans would be akin to midwives, nannies and preschool teachers. ^^;

Hmmm...interesting...I've never thought of program language-tans before...

Smokey

aren't we going paradox, now? cause a program language is the very dna a piece of software is made of, so in fact programming languages couldn't be -tans, instead they have to be...eeehhhh....spawnpoints?.........factory's?.........
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

Siya

Single-celled organisms?

But in the world of personifying everything you try to think of where they'll fit as people.

Smokey

mothers of a helluva lot of kids, then, i guess....
Thanks Fedora-sama

Siya

Musix-tan article COMPLETE!

I filled out infoboxes for Momonga-tan and TinySofa-tan, also, but I'm not entirely confident how to word their articles, just yet...so I'm putting that part off for now.

C-Chan

Quotemothers of a helluva lot of kids, then, i guess....

<__<

>___>

*points at UNIX-sama and RUNS THE HELL OUTTA THERE*

QuoteMusix-tan article COMPLETE!

I filled out infoboxes for Momonga-tan and TinySofa-tan, also, but I'm not entirely confident how to word their articles, just yet...so I'm putting that part off for now.

Thank you, and no problemo.  This is a leisurely Wiki, after all.  ^___^

*latches onto Musix-tan lovingly*  ^.^

Smokey

Well...Unix-chan (why do i always have the urge to provoke dangerous people/animals?) is born from a programming language, too.....

Sooooow: Who's yo momma? :D
Thanks Fedora-sama

C-Chan

Ohhhh,... in that case, why don't we just cope out George Lucas-style, and say all programming languages are Midichlorines residing in the OS-tans' cells, or whatever pseudo-scientific explanation [nonsense] they used?  ^_____________^;