Project WIKI

Started by NewYinzer, November 07, 2006, 08:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokey

Then it would be a good thing to fill in this blank, ne?
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

iDarbert

Quote from: "Smokey"Then it would be a good thing to fill in this blank, ne?
Right away sir!

This is gonna be more exciting than that time I played Through the Fire and the Flames in Expert mode!
iDarbert (strums last note): YES! Oh wait, I accidently pressed Start at 15%...

C-Chan

QuoteI think I'll have to "whatever" that one... I still think they should be grouped along with the rest of the app-tans.

Yeah, you wouldn't have been the first person to ask that.  ^__^

But basically, they're separated for legacy purposes -- they were a separate project from the canon OS-tans as iDarbert said and even had their own separate Wikipedia article (before they pulled it).  

While I would love to differentiate Freeware or FOSS-tans, the truth of the matter is that their separation is purely symbolic, more out of respect for their original artists.  ;)

QuoteBy the way, anybody minds if I create a page for Haiku?

Sure thing.  ^^
Just don't forget to mention Kami-Tux' Haiku-tan, as she's the only one who volunteered a design for this BeOS successor.  ^.^

Kiso

QuoteYeah, you wouldn't have been the first person to ask that. ^__^

But basically, they're separated for legacy purposes -- they were a separate project from the canon OS-tans as iDarbert said and even had their own separate Wikipedia article (before they pulled it).

While I would love to differentiate Freeware or FOSS-tans, the truth of the matter is that their separation is purely symbolic, more out of respect for their original artists.

Cheers to you on this one... lol

*prances about whimsically*
Tra-lala-lala-lala... wonder what was what I was supposed to be doing. Oh yeah! I need to work on certain ~-tan articles!
*runs off to work*
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

C-Chan

Oh right, a quick correction to what I said earlier.  Apparently our new friend iDarbert has been withholding valuable Haiku-tan designs from us for years, so yeah feel free to base the article primarily on your design (you ARE writing it after all).  ^___^

You might also consider opening a local User Gallery so we can help store all your OS-tan pics.  -v-

iDarbert

Quote from: "C-Chan"Sure thing.  ^^
Just don't forget to mention Kami-Tux' Haiku-tan, as she's the only one who volunteered a design for this BeOS successor.  ^.^
Oh, I didn't knew.
Is there any place I find information about her design so I can put it into the wiki page right away?

Also, this is the first draft
http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/Haiku

I decided not to include a link to my gallery even if it features many pictures of her for obvious reasons.

Smokey

I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

C-Chan

Here actually, although I mistook her for Syllable (which she did provide a bit of background information for):

http://ostan-collections.net/viewtopic.php?p=20657&search_id=241004561#20657

Her Haiku-tan is more like a one-shot, so it probably need not be anything larger than a small reference at the end.  -v-

BTW, thanks for providing a cute avatar of Haiku-tan, btw.  :)

iDarbert

In case someone wonders my DA page is now empty because I decided to leave DA and deleted all the deviations (one by one by the way... stupid mass-deleting-less system >_>), but you can ask anybody who knows me from there one of my first deviations ever (first was a desktop screenshot) was a Haiku sketch.

Unfortunately I had a hard drive crash that made me lose all of my old pictures (right when Time Machine was temporarly disabled and the old backups deleted, go figure), thus I was only able to re-upload the newer ones.

Shame all of that got lost, but anyway that's a thing of the past.

QuoteBTW, thanks for providing a cute avatar of Haiku-tan, btw.  
Anytime :)

Smokey

*sits and waits for the wiki for FCL-tan and Fedora-tan*

Writing the article for Fedora-tan would be a fitting task for Fedora-Sama, by the way :D
Thanks Fedora-sama

C-Chan

Before I drew my own, Juzo-kun's Fedora-sama was my absolute favorite of all the Linux-tans.  So I entrust you to do justice for one of the finest (and "hawttest") FOSS girls around.  ^__^

BTW, iDarbert, sorry to hear about your loss. I'm actually glad now I never opted to open a DA page -- apparently it was good before, but went downhill last year according to local user reports.  '__'

Smokey

EEK! not me, yet.... I'm still struggling (hard) with ASUS-tan...
I'm still learning to draw..... ;010
Thanks Fedora-sama

iDarbert

Quote from: "C-Chan"BTW, iDarbert, sorry to hear about your loss. I'm actually glad now I never opted to open a DA page -- apparently it was good before, but went downhill last year according to local user reports.  '__'
My "demise" actually caused a lot of useless drama with local users, I think that's what went downhill in DA - not really the portal itself but the users who populate it.
But basically I left because it wasn't what I was looking for.

Since barely nobody commented there was really no need for me to be there, so I took everything down planning to reupload it in a personal gallery over which I had more power, but then tragedy struck.
So now I designed my own gallery and it's like I wanted it to be, but with a huge chunk of my past artwork lost forever.

Well, I still have very old drawings around the house (among them some of the lost ones), perhaps I should scan them before they rot.

Kiso

Hmm... you should do exactly that... scan your stuff... oh, and have back ups... even a CD, DVD, BD... or whatever you want is an option... but make sure you do it... or you might regret it for the rest of your life.... like I do for loosing 7 years worth of drawings... and then some. --__--'
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

iDarbert

Quote from: "Kiso"Hmm... you should do exactly that... scan your stuff... oh, and have back ups... even a CD, DVD, BD... or whatever you want is an option... but make sure you do it... or you might regret it for the rest of your life.... like I do for loosing 7 years worth of drawings... and then some. --__--'
Well I *did* have backups, I was using Time Machine, but ironically a few days before it happened I had the great idea of formatting my hard drive as HFS case-sensitive, while the external one was case insensitive so when I first tried to back up I got a "This hard drive cannot be used with Time Machine" error.

So I either had to format the main hard drive or the external hard drive, I decided to think about what to do and do it later but then the internal HDD crashed.
I back up regularly since I got Leopard, but I guess bad luck can overcome any barrier you put between yourself and massive data loss :/