Project WIKI

Started by NewYinzer, November 07, 2006, 08:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iDarbert

Quote from: "Kiso"
QuoteWell yeah but it's kinda weird to point them out as different examples when they are technically speaking the same thing.

Yes... it is... and they speak HTML... most basic markup language ever.
Sorry I got it wrong. I meant to say "when they are technically the same thing", not "speaking the same thing".
The underlying wiki software is the same, so they kinda work using the same gimmicks.

If you pick another Wiki based on a different system like PHPWiki you'll se the boxes are less common, even though technically they can be done in any web page.

Kiso

Ooookaaay... I'll give you the ultimate example. Many pages, whether wiki, actual pages, forums of different code languages... pretty much most known pages use CSS and/or Javascript to some degree... half of them use them with coding that could not be mishandled by people who do not have permission to access it.

So... in essence, it isn't the code itself, but the amount of security placed around it in order to prevent vandalism.
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

C-Chan

Wait a sec, did you two just spend a whole page talking about Wiki code?!  O__o

Well hate to burst your bubbles, but it won't make a bit off difference at this time.  Regardless of what we need, I've not been given sufficient permission to modify any of the codebase in the wiki -- and since I don't foresee getting that permission anytime soon (and since the Wiki is not priority, at least compared to Fedora-Tan's other tasks), bottom line is that you're stuck with whatever we have now.  -v-

So let's make the most of it, and start creating articles -- all the typing that went into the last page could have filled up 20 Vistan profiles.  ^___^'

I rearranged some graphics, and also began some entry-level parsing of the List of OS-tans directory.  If you want to view the original listing, click on "View All", but the other pages are not ready yet.  Each family page should have a description on top, followed by the individual OS-tan listing below, and a cute picture featuring members of the OS-tan family on the right (if possible).

That should make for a very productive start.  -v-

iDarbert

Quote from: "Kiso"Ooookaaay... I'll give you the ultimate example. Many pages, whether wiki, actual pages, forums of different code languages... pretty much most known pages use CSS and/or Javascript to some degree... half of them use them with coding that could not be mishandled by people who do not have permission to access it.

So... in essence, it isn't the code itself, but the amount of security placed around it in order to prevent vandalism.
Look, nobody's contraddicting you on this, I was just pointing out they were basically  the same wiki system.

There's no need to keep discussing this further.

Kiso

Yep... let's just get back to what matters... OS-tan wikification. lol
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

C-Chan

That makes me a happy piggy.

Very well, carry on gentlemen,.. Ye of the Mac-Avatars.  -v-

iDarbert

http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/OS9
I'm adding some info about Sonata, going to do OSX later.

http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/OSX

Also, in the Leopard page it says the most common version is the teal-haired one, but in my experience the pink haired one is pretty much the canonical Leopard-tan (at least in Nijiura).

Kiso

Question... why is the Moezilla girls treated as a separate group when they actually should be part of the App-tans? Aren't applications supposed to be grouped together?

iDarbert

Quote from: "Kiso"Question... why is the Moezilla girls treated as a separate group when they actually should be part of the App-tans? Aren't applications supposed to be grouped together?
I think they are a separate group because the Moezilla effort is separated from the general "make a tan for" movement that brings us the other tans.

Siya

QuoteSiya, you've been added to the Wiki roster. Indeed, you should have the right to update your characters on demand. ^^
Yay! ^__^

Kiso

QuoteI think they are a separate group because the Moezilla effort is separated from the general "make a tan for" movement that brings us the other tans.
I think I'll have to "whatever" that one... I still think they should be grouped along with the rest of the app-tans.

@Siya: Congrats on your inclusion to the wiki effort! Now be a good person and wander about whimsically!! Oh, and probably play with making articles.

Now... I should tell you all... I made the separate index pages for OS-tans. They are stubbed... so all there is to do is get the info on them.

Smokey

On the Moezilla effort, I would guess that they are grouped seperately because they are non-proprietary, software...
I would also suggest to place her along with the appropriate other -tans in a freeware-app group...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

iDarbert

Quote from: "Kiso"
QuoteI think they are a separate group because the Moezilla effort is separated from the general "make a tan for" movement that brings us the other tans.
I think I'll have to "whatever" that one... I still think they should be grouped along with the rest of the app-tans.
That's just the only reason I can think, it's not like I want them to be separated.

Honestly I don't even care if they are grouped or not.

QuoteOn the Moezilla effort, I would guess that they are grouped seperately because they are non-proprietary, software...
Or maybe because they are "real" tans, they were created as usual by the anonymous pool which is the japanese image board scene; nah... that's not like it.
Well whatever, they were just born togheter and they were grouped together, that's pretty much it I guess.

By the way, anybody minds if I create a page for Haiku?

Kiso

Haiku? The Japanese poetry thing?

iDarbert

Quote from: "Kiso"Haiku? The Japanese poetry thing?
http://www.haiku-os.org/
There's even a link in the list of OS-tans that points to a blank page.