Project WIKI

Started by NewYinzer, November 07, 2006, 08:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokey

Help has arrived on keeping (at least me) on-topic...

*bows* srry... :D

I still need to learn a lot about the force to stay on-topic, master...

*bows deeper, leaves*
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

iDarbert

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"Alright! Back on topic!

But if you want to continue the discussion you were having earlier, make a thread dedicated to that topic.

To add something about the Apple family in general, you can make the heading "Apple-tans" into a link for a new article/category (like how the "Windows-tans" heading has its own link, general overview and alphabetical list of articles in that category)
OK, thanks.

QuoteI am curious what you want to add exactly and what is this historical comic you speak of!
The Mac-tan lore can be built around two comics.
One is very old and was linked as "Mac manga" in the (very) old OS-tan archive (the one on infoseek) and is the one were Me-tan meets what I suppose is OSX-tan and taunts her by showing her a cartboard of the Japanese equivalent of Ellen Feiss in the Asian Switch commercials.
As a result X shoots the cartboard with a machine gun, and Me-tan runs away but is chased by X, after which she tries to activate some kind of turbo but freezes.
X then returns to her house, where she meets OS9 and another Mac-tan.

The other comics are newer and focus on the everyday life of OS9, OSX, the OSX cats and "" (formerly Toshiaki).

I think there are some in the gallery.

They are particularly relevant because they both show the Apple family as living together in a fancy house (in a similar way the Windows-tans are sometimes seen in the same household) and give some insight on their personalities (though the female OSX's are missing in favore of the creepy OSX cats).

Aurora Borealis

I feel shameless for mentioning this but also I'm working on a Mac-centric series called "Mac Party Redux", inspired by the "Mac Manga"  series but includes all the Mac-tans (and even includes guest appearances). And they all will also appear at some point in "zerOSanity" too.

The OSX catgirls are suggested as:

Cheetah-tan: Mischievious dominatrix but insecure

Puma-tan: Shy and mousy

Jaguar-tan: Confident and outgoing (but I think she'd also be difficult to work withas Jaguar was criticised for being akward to work with)

Panther: Elegant and classy

Tiger: Free-spirited, playful, helpful

Leopard: The blue-haired one is childish and short-tempered but the teal-haired and pink-haired ones are suggested as genius, very wise and powerful but responsible (can time travel but only does for the good of others)

Kiso

Hey... guys... after coming back to the Wiki to check things out... I realized that the "List of OS-tans" page is like... huge!!

No, really... even on my 1280x800 laptop screen it actually takes me around 10 long scrolls and 11 PgUP/PgDn presses to go from one end of the page to the other.

Hmm... I think we should go over re-vamping that page to make it quite smaller. I don't know... may be make a table and place them depending on the type of tan they are... or maybe... do something to reduce the size of the sections and when you clicked it, it showed you the what you want to see.

Hmm... I guess I should take that as my next job... it would not take me too long to figure out which way is better or even what codes to use for that.

But boefore I go with it... I need your opinion on the matter... i want to be sure I do something that you all think is in need to be done.
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

iDarbert

Quote from: "Kiso"Hey... guys... after coming back to the Wiki to check things out... I realized that the "List of OS-tans" page is like... huge!!

No, really... even on my 1280x800 laptop screen it actually takes me around 10 long scrolls and 11 PgUP/PgDn presses to go from one end of the page to the other.

Hmm... I think we should go over re-vamping that page to make it quite smaller. I don't know... may be make a table and place them depending on the type of tan they are... or maybe... do something to reduce the size of the sections and when you clicked it, it showed you the what you want to see.

Hmm... I guess I should take that as my next job... it would not take me too long to figure out which way is better or even what codes to use for that.

But boefore I go with it... I need your opinion on the matter... i want to be sure I do something that you all think is in need to be done.
How about splitting the categories into different pages so we have something like List_of_Apple-tans, List_of_Windows-tans, List_of_DOS-tans and so on and having List_of_OS-tans just linking to the various List_of pages?

Kiso

Hmm... that could do... though I would like to also include that box code I see on Wikipedia that lets people maximize and/or minimize to show an expanded list of stuff that's related.

Let's see if I can find it.
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

Smokey

Let's not forget that the expansion of said list is a good thing, right?
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

iDarbert

Quote from: "Kiso"Hmm... that could do... though I would like to also include that box code I see on Wikipedia that lets people maximize and/or minimize to show an expanded list of stuff that's related.

Let's see if I can find it.
Yeah, that would work too.

Kiso

Quote from: "Smokey"Let's not forget that the expansion of said list is a good thing, right?

It is a good thing indeed. Who would like to make 10 long mouse scrolls or even press PgUp/PgDn just to find a tan article?

Smokey

Well I personally think it's like being in a thread, scrolling down to see the last post...
Thanks Fedora-sama

iDarbert

By the way I've started working on this page, I hope it's acceptable.
http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/Apple-tans

Smokey

It's not bad...Not bad at all ;010
Keep up the good work :D
Thanks Fedora-sama

Kiso

Not bad... though I would say it needs a tad bit of more info. But that's my personal opinion. Anyways... I will make some minors changes... well.. for now just the addition of a "See Also" and make proper use of the category code.

iDarbert

Quote from: "Kiso"Not bad... though I would say it needs a tad bit of more info.
The problem is there isn't any more significant information other than that speculation, I could find the mangas and link them in the article as reference.

Kiso

Quote from: "iDarbert"
Quote from: "Kiso"Not bad... though I would say it needs a tad bit of more info.
The problem is there isn't any more significant information other than that speculation, I could find the mangas and link them in the article as reference.

lol

There is never too little information about fan-based stuff. You can always make literal mention of all the known manga, compare one to the other, state their differences. On top of that, making brief mention and description of the key Mac-tans would not be a bad idea either.

That's what I would do though... so I would not be sure if you think of it the same way. Oh, and I may have to tip you on that one fun note... even thought it's a wiki... it doesn't have to meet wiki standards.

/\||||/\
((^.^))