Post your desktop

Started by Q4(V), March 20, 2006, 11:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Punk

Mine isn't cool. It's just a BIG word. ;hi
"Life is 90% Maintenance."

brougeXP22

lol true. i've posted mine before but i shall do it again.

MisterCat

Punk, you certainly get right to the point with that desktop wallpaper of yours!  Golly!  BrougeXP22, I don't think your desktop wallpaper is at all uncool:  What's cooler than depictions of the ever-mysterious socially reclusive and oddly-conceived Ayanami Rei plus the brilliant, emotional and gorgeous Sohryu Asuka Langley?

;hi

My desktop wallpaper remains, for now anyway, the same as it's been for a couple of weeks:

Guess who it is.  I dare you!  Go ahead, guess.

;012

=^..^=

brougeXP22

lol i guess mine doesn't suck so bad after all  ;010

C-Chan

*guesses*

*guesses more*

*continues guessing hard until smoke starts bellowing out of his ears*

*lightbulb*  I GOT IT!!!  ^V^
That cute smile,...
That long hair...
That skimpy outfit....
That cat-like charm....

That can only mean.....

TIGER-SAMA!!!!  ^V^

Haha, I'm glad fine citizens like MisterCat-san are willing to support under-represented Mac-tans like her.  ^.^
Too bad in this pic she has an XP stuck to her back... -v-

*write sticky note reminding himself to buy crowbar later*

Okay, time for another obscure Desktop!  ^V^

Since we're on the subject of Macs, here's a little blast from the past featuring the Apple Lisa (the unofficial Macintosh Prototype):

MisterCat

C-Chan, that's a very nice image!  Three cheers for Tiger-sama and XP-tan being playmates!

;012

By the way, C-Chan, you'd better read this:

Nurse 'savaged' by enraged giant pig | the Daily Mail

You've not spent any time in the U.K. lately, have you?  Perhaps you'd better maintain a low profile until this blows over.

;026

=^..^=

C-Chan

[Yeah, that particular pic of the two is my favorite for each of them.  The lighting just does it for me.  -v-]

Let me read this again...

Nurse 'savaged' by enraged giant pig

Fufufu.... ^.^
Well okay, it isn't necessarily a laughing matter since we pigs can kick major ass if need be.
Those of us with tusks, especially, can unleash a can of whoop-ass on a lion if provoked!  `v'

But like the comments at the end of the article state, you just have to be respectful of any wildlife.  Animals simply don't attack without cause or reason -- life is too short to be playing the role of psycho pig.  -v-

As for me, I've got nothing to worry about since I'm hardly 4 feet...  ^___^'

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g2/C-Chan_2006/Comparison.gif

MisterCat

I'm so glad to know it's not you they're looking for, C-Chan.  I second your assertion regarding wildlife ââ,¬â€ or any non-human life, for that matter ââ,¬â€ insofar as our non-human fellow Earthlings rarely transgress against humans; and on those few occasions when they do, it's for their own valid reasons.

;hi

Golly, but I didn't know you were but seven inches in height!  (I like your photographic portrait, above.)  It's no wonder all the OS Girls want to give you cuddles!

;010

=^..^=

NewYinzer

Hehe...pig saves nurse! That pig deserves a medal!

QuoteSince we're on the subject of Macs, here's a little blast from the past featuring the Apple Lisa (the unofficial Macintosh Prototype):

*faints*

Here is the time where my nerdiness comes in handy. The Lisa, which was named after Steve Jobs' illegitimate daughter, was Apple's first computer with a GUI. At that time, there were competing projects with different goals. There was the Lisa project, which was for a business computer with a GUI. There was the Macintosh project, which was separate from the Lisa project, which was developing a lower end computer with a GUI. There was also the Apple III and Apple II projects. In the end, the Macintosh project came out on top. For more info about the Lisa:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Lisa

As for the Apple III, I have one piece of advice:
Pick it up and drop it!

C-Chan

QuoteGolly, but I didn't know you were but seven inches in height! (I like your photographic portrait, above.) It's no wonder all the OS Girls want to give you cuddles!

But of course.... ^v^
The smaller you are, the more woman there is to cuddle up to.  ^.^

As for the photographic portrait, make the pig black and then that'd be me.  ^__^

In fact, I'm featured in my avatar,... I'm that little black smudge with long ears and snout next to Aurora's chibi Amiga-chan.  ^^'

QuoteHehe...pig saves nurse! That pig deserves a medal!

Hehe,... why do I get the impression our resident Yinzer confused "savaged" with "saved".... ^^;

Oh well, all the more power for my kind.... ^v^'

*strikes cool pose*  Yep, yep, yep,.. *exhales*  Pigs rule, I know....  -v-

QuoteHere is the time where my nerdiness comes in handy. The Lisa, which was named after Steve Jobs' illegitimate daughter, was Apple's first computer with a GUI. At that time, there were competing projects with different goals. There was the Lisa project, which was for a business computer with a GUI. There was the Macintosh project, which was separate from the Lisa project, which was developing a lower end computer with a GUI. There was also the Apple III and Apple II projects. In the end, the Macintosh project came out on top. For more info about the Lisa:

The TechnoYinzer strikes again!  ^v^

Indeed the Lisa was Apple's first GUI OS, although with such an enormous price tag and with the success of the Macintosh, it's often mistakenly believed that the Mac has that title.  ^^'

QuoteAs for the Apple III, I have one piece of advice:
Pick it up and drop it!

Hidoi desu!  ^o^
BTW, remember how I squirmed my way out of drawing an Apple III-tan?  ^v^
Probably better than I did, since the Apple III was simply a rebranded Apple II.  ^^'

MisterCat

With Hallowe'en bearing down upon us, I decided it's time for a nice demon-girl desktop wallpaper:

;hi

=^..^=

Silentbob

Pick it up and drop it!

Hehe, I remember that was the advice if the computer didn't work.  The chips had come loose or something.   :P

Oh, I missed out on your Apple-tans, C, (I see they're in your sig too, but they were a bit small to catch what it said on Lisa-tans hairclip). They look great.   ;010

Alfamille

Quote from: "C-Chan"

QuoteHere is the time where my nerdiness comes in handy. The Lisa, which was named after Steve Jobs' illegitimate daughter, was Apple's first computer with a GUI. At that time, there were competing projects with different goals. There was the Lisa project, which was for a business computer with a GUI. There was the Macintosh project, which was separate from the Lisa project, which was developing a lower end computer with a GUI. There was also the Apple III and Apple II projects. In the end, the Macintosh project came out on top. For more info about the Lisa:

The TechnoYinzer strikes again!  ^v^

Indeed the Lisa was Apple's first GUI OS, although with such an enormous price tag and with the success of the Macintosh, it's often mistakenly believed that the Mac has that title.  ^^'

Pick it up and drop it!

Hidoi desu!  ^o^
BTW, remember how I squirmed my way out of drawing an Apple III-tan?  ^v^
Probably better than I did, since the Apple III was simply a rebranded Apple II.  ^^'

I saw your post on one of the pages in this topic and hey!  I saw your desktop background of your Amiga desktop. AmigaOS has a nice design and interface too! I bet there are several things why you love it XD

Anyway, since you're here I'll post mine...

That's your post!  ;010  I really feel capturing it for you!  ;hi

Bou

such a simple desktop...*sigh*

SleepyD

waha! new......ish..... person.  XD;;
apparently it seems you joined before I did.  haha
So, uh... Hi! ^^

Well, to stay on topic:
Well, your dektop is simple, but simplcity is needed for cuteness, yesh? ^^ Cute seems to be an ongoing theme.... haha

welp, I'll see ya around!