Aurora's got an OS-tan art thread! Wait... what?!

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 01, 2006, 10:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

QuoteAlthough an exception I know of is that somewhere it was mentioned that Xenix-san was a casualty in either the OS wars or Unix wars.

Hmmm....I came thiiiiiiis close to mentioning I thought Xenix-sama was bumped off during the Unix Wars...
Here is the first page of the early Apple-tan comic I'm working on:

Interesting, I was wondering if it would be in black and white; I'm happy to see that others think a good story can be told without it being in full color. Lisa as the insufferable snob is kinda fun; and seeing System 1-chan as a lowly servant is certainly a change from what I usually picture her as. I can't wait to see where this goes!

QuoteGiven there's virtually almost no one left who remembers Xenix-sama,................... yeah,... kinda safe to assume Altair-sama is, in their minds, lost in the dustbin of history. -__-'

Just what I thought!

QuoteHmmm... wonder if Aurora-hime is russian too. *chortle chortle* ^___^

Well,... with a few exceptions,... I don't picture OS-tan deaths as being particularly eventful. Even though they don't manifest any real physical changes (like old age), their life force nevertheless wittles away little by little, so they get slower and weaker. Somtimes they'd pass away quietly in their sleep, other times (like with MULTICS-sama) they'd pass away in the presence of or literally in the arms of a loved one or relative.

*Starts bawling*

A fitting death for someone who's entire time on earth was spent fighting for her life...and by all accounts, should have been killed off in 1968 -___-

QuoteIn I-sama's case, she likely passed away Haibane Renmei-style (you'd have to see it to know what I mean), so as not to trouble the still very young II-chan and Lisa-chan.

You mean, the Day of Flight...?

*continues bawling*

No, seriously, I cried more at the end of Haibane Renmei than during Titanic, The Perfect Storm, and last winter's Super Bowl combined (disasters really get to me)!

QuoteHmpf! First she uses me as a football in the Members Intro thread,...
THEN she doesn't come charging amazon-like with spear in hand against this octopus,... thingie... in order to save me...! ^0^

*C-chan looks up with indignance* ¯o¯

You want someone with a spear, huh?

*calls a bunch of random Linux-tans to come help C-Chan*

Quote*C-chan facefaults and collapses on ground*

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.............. ooooooooooooookay,... I'm obliged to forgive you for trying, but still,......

Whatcha gonna do with that against a giant mutant monster created with bootlegged necromancy performed by a bootlegged clone with seafood on her mind? TvT;

I suppose if the shoe is particularly big heavy, it can be used as bludgeoning tool. If it has a pointy 3 to 5-inch heel, maybe we can use it as a makeshift dagger. Or if it's oderifous,.... well,.... don't use it while I'm still in the blast radius please. T.T'

No, it's a Croc....so....yeah, it's not a weapon at all....

Now, if this was a Birkenstock--I could do serious damage. A Mary Jane on the other hand, could prove deadly in the right hands.

Ah yes, that's one of those "exceptions" I was telling you about. ^.^'

AHA! I knew it wasn't natural causes! Somebody wanted her dead....wait, everybody wanted her dead....

Aurora Borealis

QuoteGiven there's virtually almost no one left who remembers Xenix-sama,................... yeah,... kinda safe to assume Altair-sama is, in their minds, lost in the dustbin of history.  -__-'

QuoteJust what I thought!

Aww... What a bummer. At least Altair-tan is still alive... Although highly frusturated with herself, also unacknowledged by the company she first supported and that one of the few friends she had is dead :(

Quote*C-chan twitches with giddiness*

It's been a while since I've seen Fullies from you, so I'd forgotten how charmingly you draw them.  Nice vibrant colors, cute quaint expressions, incredibly expressive eyes and of course actions that speak louder of words.  Yes indeed, I'm happy to see an Aurora Fully -- especially one with a limited-edition "vintage" set.  ^____^
It sure has been a while since I drew full-body pictures (not counting depictions in comics)! I usually just draw chibis because they take a lot less time but this picture was fairly quick though!

QuoteHmmm... wonder if Aurora-hime is russian too.  *chortle chortle*  ^___^
No I'm just morbid ;006

QuoteWell,... with a few exceptions,... I don't picture OS-tan deaths as being particularly eventful.  Even though they don't manifest any real physical changes (like old age), their life force nevertheless wittles away little by little, so they get slower and weaker.  Somtimes they'd pass away quietly in their sleep, other times (like with MULTICS-sama) they'd pass away in the presence of or literally in the arms of a loved one or relative.
I see...

QuoteIn I-sama's case, she likely passed away Haibane Renmei-style (you'd have to see it to know what I mean), so as not to trouble the still very young II-chan and Lisa-chan.
Aw darn. I haven't seen that series although I would really like to!

QuoteWell on the plus side... maybe it could be another playmate for Octopus-chan?  ^___^

*bats away tentacle* >0<
Yeah... How about you be a good piggy and play with her for a while. But while in the UserSpace lair, try to avoid approaching FreeBSD-chan! She's eaten you at least once before!

Quote.............. another one.... TvT;

*resigns self to fate of being mutant octopus food*
NOOOOOOO! Be Octopus-chan's playmate, not meal! 

QuoteAh yes, that's one of those "exceptions" I was telling you about.  ^.^'
QuoteHmmm....I came thiiiiiiis close to mentioning I thought Xenix-sama was bumped off during the Unix Wars...
Ah! It was during the Unix Wars! I remember now- Xenix-san didn't live to see Windows 3.0-tan...

Poor Xenix-san..I heard she was a very nice person who didn't deserve to die like that :(

QuoteAHA! I knew it wasn't natural causes! Somebody wanted her dead....wait, everybody wanted her dead....
Or did she?... o_o

Quote*Starts bawling*

A fitting death for someone who's entire time on earth was spent fighting for her life...and by all accounts, should have been killed off in 1968 -___-
Really? Multics was supposed to have been killed off that early? And she spend all of her life fighting for it? And I thought she was a lot like the young Lisa-tan back then! 0__0

QuoteYou want someone with a spear, huh?

*calls a bunch of random Linux-tans to come help C-Chan*

*Barbie Linux-tan, DSL-tan, Tinfoil Hat-tan, Linspire-tan and Freespire-tan appear. All of them want to help despite not being great fighters, except for Tinfoil Hat-tan who questions who you people and pigs are, runs off while shouting something about the government, spies and mind control*

T__T

QuoteHold the phone,... what have we here?!  @v@

I knew you were going to make this, but didn't imagine it would be so soon!  This isn't looking wonderful!  ^v^

Lisa-chan is great looking so young and shrieky and spoiled,... but actually TALKING!  It's nice to see II-chan finally getting some more active exposure, now that Baka C-chan doesn't do anything for her.  -____-'
And 1.0-chan is simply an adorable little munchkin of a cinderella character!  ^v^

It looks like these are handsketched, and I would keep it like that since it fits the old, vintage narration like a glove.  ^___^

I concur- need moar Apple ][-tan! She is such a nice and perfectly likeable character!

And yes, this comic is hand-drawn! It has its advantages and disadvantages. I have to refine the sketches as much as I can (as opposed to my digitally-drawn comics where I can get away with rough sketches because I trace over them and add lots of effects anyways) but it takes a lot less time digitally editing therefore I can get it done much quicker! The vintage narration I like because I think suits the time period as well as the fairytale-style I am trying to go for.

QuoteInteresting, I was wondering if it would be in black and white; I'm happy to see that others think a good story can be told without it being in full color. Lisa as the insufferable snob is kinda fun; and seeing System 1-chan as a lowly servant is certainly a change from what I usually picture her as. I can't wait to see where this goes!

Wait no longer, here's page 2!

Unsurprisingly, things take a turn for the worse when Apple ][-tan leaves to go back to work! This page also confirms that System 1-tan didn't always speak Newspeak! She decides to learn it later on to emphasize how straightforward she really is and as a way to distance herself from Lisa-tan and her fancy words. System 1-tan also still had her feisty attitude! (Although it had to be repressed a lot)

Bella

QuoteAww... What a bummer. At least Altair-tan is still alive... Although highly frusturated with herself, also unacknowledged by the company she first supported and that one of the few friends she had is dead

Incidentally...would Altair-san be residing with the Vintage-tans now?

QuoteIt sure has been a while since I drew full-body pictures (not counting depictions in comics)! I usually just draw chibis because they take a lot less time but this picture was fairly quick though!

Yeah, chibis are a lot quicker; I've been meaning to draw some more ;)

QuoteNo I'm just morbid

My sistah! Heeheehee....

QuoteAw darn. I haven't seen that series although I would really like to!

Oh, it's probably one of the best anime series I've seen to date, at least as dramas go...

QuoteYeah... How about you be a good piggy and play with her for a while. But while in the UserSpace lair, try to avoid approaching FreeBSD-chan! She's eaten you at least once before!

Hey, Maybe Octo-chan can be C-Chan's bodyguard against a hungry FreeBSD-tan!

QuoteAh! It was during the Unix Wars! I remember now- Xenix-san didn't live to see Windows 3.0-tan...

Poor Xenix-san..I heard she was a very nice person who didn't deserve to die like that

QuoteOr did she?...

Well...I do believe she was a good person; I think the early Windows-tans liked her. But the Unixes, on the other hand, thought her a traitor because of her loyalty to M$ (NOT a good thing in the middle of a war). I don't know what happened between her and the higher-ups of M$...but I know eventually her own company turned on her, too -___-

QuoteReally? Multics was supposed to have been killed off that early? And she spend all of her life fighting for it? And I thought she was a lot like the young Lisa-tan back then! 0__0

Yeah, you can read about it here:

http://www.multicians.org/history.html#tag2.3

In 1968, before even being completed, ARPA suggested the Multics be canceled (as it was growing too large, expensive, and wasn't living up to the promises made about it). MIT convinced the developers that the project should be killed, too; it came down to one person, who realized what knowledge would be lost if Multics was killed, to turn the tide the other way. Multics came one person from being terminated...if had been canceled at this point, we'd probably have no Unix today...

I know it has been speculated Multics-sama was something of a snob; I don't believe that's entirely accurate. I think she had a terrible early life (something like four years of very questionable development), her only real friend and mentor CTSS-sama died at a fairly young age, and she was forced to live up to a lot of grandiose hopes and dreams. I don't think she wanted those responsibilities, especially as they made her something of a target for many, Unix-sama, GECOS-san, and her own companies included.

Multics has probably had more close calls with being killed off than just about any other OS, and frankly, it's surprising it survived for so long.

Course, if she does come back (because now *schoolgirlish squel* there's a project to build an emulator capable of running Multics!), her entire life will be different; she'll have no territory, wealth, enemies, nor any pressure from her company, and she's finally made peace with her daughter. For the first time Multics-sama will be literally and figuratively free, which is exactly how she's dreamed of living for over 40 years.

Quote*Barbie Linux-tan, DSL-tan, Tinfoil Hat-tan, Linspire-tan and Freespire-tan appear. All of them want to help despite not being great fighters, except for Tinfoil Hat-tan who questions who you people and pigs are, runs off while shouting something about the government, spies and mind control*

T__T

*calls Ubuntu-sama*

*Ubuntu-sama charms Octopus-chan away from C-Chan with her natural friendliness*

Saved the day again!

QuoteI concur- need moar Apple ][-tan! She is such a nice and perfectly likeable character!

I third this notion!

QuoteAnd yes, this comic is hand-drawn! It has its advantages and disadvantages. I have to refine the sketches as much as I can (as opposed to my digitally-drawn comics where I can get away with rough sketches because I trace over them and add lots of effects anyways) but it takes a lot less time digitally editing therefore I can get it done much quicker! The vintage narration I like because I think suits the time period as well as the fairytale-style I am trying to go for.

I agree; Like you said, it takes more time to refine the drawing...but that time spent is a lot less that tracing, coloring and shading digitally.

I'm also liking the narration, too.

QuoteWait no longer, here's page 2!

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?pos=-7173

Unsurprisingly, things take a turn for the worse when Apple ][-tan leaves to go back to work! This page also confirms that System 1-tan didn't always speak Newspeak! She decides to learn it later on to emphasize how straightforward she really is and as a way to distance herself from Lisa-tan and her fancy words. System 1-tan also still had her feisty attitude! (Although it had to be repressed a lot)

Poor System 1-chan. First not being able to hang out with her kindly sister ][-tan, then being abused by Lisa-san. I guess Lisa-san would get hers in the end...but then again, two wrongs never make a right.

Hmmm...so we have confirmation System 1-chan wasn't always a Newspeak-er. So she picked it up separate herself from Lisa....

C-Chan

QuoteInteresting, I was wondering if it would be in black and white; I'm happy to see that others think a good story can be told without it being in full color. Lisa as the insufferable snob is kinda fun; and seeing System 1-chan as a lowly servant is certainly a change from what I usually picture her as. I can't wait to see where this goes!

Well that pretty much sums up my sentiments too.  ^.^

QuoteYou mean, the Day of Flight...?

*continues bawling*

No, seriously, I cried more at the end of Haibane Renmei than during Titanic, The Perfect Storm, and last winter's Super Bowl combined (disasters really get to me)!

Perfect Storm?  '__'

Aa sou sou,... that's a New England thing.  ^^
Oh, and who could forget poor Bella-hime when the Patriots los--,... er, I mean failed to secure another Super Bowl trophy.  ^^;

But yeah, as I was saying, I don't think Apple I-san would've disappeared a la Day of Flight -- but she certainly would've left some evening to go die alone.

Even though her body was preserved and kept in a mauseleom by an unidentified Apple exec, it's location is kept a secret from everyone... except for a certain someone (and not necessarily someone you'd expect).... ^__^

See if you can guess who it is from this picture:

http://tofslie.com/work/apple_evolution.jpg

QuoteNo, it's a Croc....so....yeah, it's not a weapon at all....

Oh, a crocodile eh?  I could use a little reptile power right about now.  ^.^

QuoteNow, if this was a Birkenstock--I could do serious damage. A Mary Jane on the other hand, could prove deadly in the right hands.

Ditch the Birkenyucks, keep the Mary Janes away from active combat please.  Or better yet, give them to me.  *squeals* ^.^

QuoteAHA! I knew it wasn't natural causes! Somebody wanted her dead....wait, everybody wanted her dead....

Well true that.  ^.^
Ironically however, although this likely doesn't mirror real-life, her death was more "collateral damage" like, given she participated in the frontlines during the UNIX wars.  

QuoteAww... What a bummer. At least Altair-tan is still alive... Although highly frusturated with herself, also unacknowledged by the company she first supported and that one of the few friends she had is dead

Now I'm starting to see why Altair-san has the personality she has.  Poor thing.  ;__;

QuoteIt sure has been a while since I drew full-body pictures (not counting depictions in comics)! I usually just draw chibis because they take a lot less time but this picture was fairly quick though!

Unfortunately now I can't seem to draw anything with any degree of consistence.  It's only fitting that C-chan slowly and steadily descends into utter suckage,.. can't complain, though, as I had a fruitful career while it lasted.  -v-

QuoteYeah... How about you be a good piggy and play with her for a while. But while in the UserSpace lair, try to avoid approaching FreeBSD-chan! She's eaten you at least once before!

Can't say for sure whether my ol' friends will still be inside of her.  Stuff has to get digested eventually.  ^^;

QuoteAh! It was during the Unix Wars! I remember now- Xenix-san didn't live to see Windows 3.0-tan...

Poor Xenix-san..I heard she was a very nice person who didn't deserve to die like that

Welllllllllllllllllllllllllll........

A lot of people would debate the "nice" part.  She was very nice to the family she was hired to care for, but... a bit of an ass when it came to many other people.  Not to say she was arrogant, but she couldn't take a joke to save her life and she was EXTREMELY inflexible when it came to rules.  M$ employees couldn't even come in early without inciting her wrath -- 9:00 o'clock meant 9:00 O'CLOCK.

Granted she mellowed out a lot after she was forced to resign, by then it was too late.  She was so intent on her work and in being a good caretaker for the fledling Windows-IBM family, that she failed to make any friends elsewhere, except perhaps for a few of the other "deviant" UNIX-tans that were sent to the frontlines.  -___-'

Quote*Barbie Linux-tan, DSL-tan, Tinfoil Hat-tan, Linspire-tan and Freespire-tan appear. All of them want to help despite not being great fighters, except for Tinfoil Hat-tan who questions who you people and pigs are, runs off while shouting something about the government, spies and mind control*

Hmm,... lesse....

Tinfoil Hat-tan,.. you can... go... yes... uh,... guess she did that on her own.  ^^'

Lin-chan,... get outta my sight, you traitor and W-word!  ^0^

Free-chan,... please go and talk some sense into your Nee-chan.  -.-'

DSL-chan... bring DSL-kun and DSFBSD-tan.  Hurry!  Hurry!  Hurry! ^V^

Barbie Linux-sama.... mind if you could pose for a,... picture session?  ^3^

*nosebleeds*

QuoteI concur- need moar Apple ][-tan! She is such a nice and perfectly likeable character!

She's also very very funny in the modern day.  ^__^

QuoteAnd yes, this comic is hand-drawn! It has its advantages and disadvantages. I have to refine the sketches as much as I can (as opposed to my digitally-drawn comics where I can get away with rough sketches because I trace over them and add lots of effects anyways) but it takes a lot less time digitally editing therefore I can get it done much quicker! The vintage narration I like because I think suits the time period as well as the fairytale-style I am trying to go for.

Well I'm certainly a fan, of course.  ^____^

QuoteWait no longer, here's page 2!

BWAAHAHA!!!!  This is stellar work!!!!!!  ^v^

I'm really getting into this story -- it's like nothing I've ever seen from you!  ^___^

PANEL 1:  ][-chan has a darling expression here.  Just like 2-chan seems too cute to be into masonry, ][-chan's looks too cute to be put into farm labor.  But then again, guess we're filling a need.  ^__^

PANEL 2:  Aha!  her pigtails!  ^o^

PANEL 3:  System 1-chan is pretty cute here too, crying like that. The last time I saw her bawl like that was in the Mac Party comic.  ^___^

PANEl 4:  Is that an evi grin I see in Lisa-chan's face?   ^^

PANEL 5:  Oooh!  System1-chan can get fierce and sassy!  ^.^

*cat growl*

She's cute now, but... by gawd, I wouldn't mind seeing that hot-rod face again.  ^__^

PANEL 6:  OMG!!  She actually slapped her!  The comic's gone PG-13! @v@
Nah, just kidding.  In the old days, Lisa-chan liked throwing her height around.  She was the first "tall" girl among the commercial OSes (although by today's standards, she's pretty short).  ^__^
And just like that, the System 1 fiercness has morphed into humility.  ^^'

QuoteIncidentally...would Altair-san be residing with the Vintage-tans now?

Wouldn't be a bad idea -- kinda would help,  narratively-speaking, if she was around two other [forgotten] Windows-tans.  Kinda helps with the irony that 1.0-chan and 2.0-chan, despite their limitations, are the most knowledgeable of the entire family tree.  ^^

QuoteWell...I do believe she was a good person; I think the early Windows-tans liked her. But the Unixes, on the other hand, thought her a traitor because of her loyalty to M$ (NOT a good thing in the middle of a war).

Ah yeah, that too.  ^.^
Actually, the full brunt of the UNIX war didn't happen until later -- but there were enough of the higher ups (including the young UNIX-sama herself) that remembered her actions during the 80's.  -.-'

QuoteIn 1968, before even being completed, ARPA suggested the Multics be canceled (as it was growing too large, expensive, and wasn't living up to the promises made about it). MIT convinced the developers that the project should be killed, too; it came down to one person, who realized what knowledge would be lost if Multics was killed, to turn the tide the other way. Multics came one person from being terminated...if had been canceled at this point, we'd probably have no Unix today...

HOLEY SMOKES!!  @____@

QuoteI know it has been speculated Multics-sama was something of a snob; I don't believe that's entirely accurate. I think she had a terrible early life (something like four years of very questionable development), her only real friend and mentor CTSS-sama died at a fairly young age, and she was forced to live up to a lot of grandiose hopes and dreams. I don't think she wanted those responsibilities, especially as they made her something of a target for many, Unix-sama, GECOS-san, and her own companies included.

Hmmm... misunderstood, eh?  Â¬.¬

Well for that matter, there's a hidden story to Lisa-chan's snobbery.  Â¬v¬

QuoteCourse, if she does come back (because now *schoolgirlish squel* there's a project to build an emulator capable of running Multics!), her entire life will be different; she'll have no territory, wealth, enemies, nor any pressure from her company, and she's finally made peace with her daughter. For the first time Multics-sama will be literally and figuratively free, which is exactly how she's dreamed of living for over 40 years.

Wow!  That's going to be a sweet new life for Multics-sama Mark II!!  ^___^

To top it all off, CTSS-sama is also alive,... just not really,... living.....

Supposing the new MULTICS-sama were the first person to see her?  @v@

Quote*calls Ubuntu-sama*

*Ubuntu-sama charms Octopus-chan away from C-Chan with her natural friendliness*

Saved the day again!

Thank you *Buntu-sama!  ^v^

But...

FreeB-chan found me.... ^____^'

Yeah,... I can vouch with certainty that my old friends aren't here anymore.... ^^'

*starts playing stomach poker alone*

QuoteHmmm...so we have confirmation System 1-chan wasn't always a Newspeak-er. So she picked it up separate herself from Lisa....

That I have to see!  ^.^

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "C-Chan"
Perfect Storm?  '__'

Aa sou sou,... that's a New England thing.  ^^
Oh, and who could forget poor Bella-hime when the Patriots los--,... er, I mean failed to secure another Super Bowl trophy.  ^^;

But yeah, as I was saying, I don't think Apple I-san would've disappeared a la Day of Flight -- but she certainly would've left some evening to go die alone.

Even though her body was preserved and kept in a mauseleom by an unidentified Apple exec, it's location is kept a secret from everyone... except for a certain someone (and not necessarily someone you'd expect).... ^__^

I'm completely stumped! x__x

But if her body is preserved... She can easily be brought back from the dead! But too bad our attempt to consult the UserSpace Gang for help failed miserably.

Now I'm starting to see why Altair-san has the personality she has.  Poor thing.  ;__;
So sad ;__;

On top of those things, Altair-tan pretty much caused her own demise when trying to knock out IMSAI 8080-tan from the competition at the time. And also IMSAI 8080-tan is rumored to be Altair-tan's clone!
(the IMSAI 8080 was heavily based off of the Altair 8800, is considered by some to be the first 'clone')

Not to mention that Altair-tan is also accident prone... ;014

Can't say for sure whether my ol' friends will still be inside of her.  Stuff has to get digested eventually.  ^^;
You had friends that got eaten too 0__0

Welllllllllllllllllllllllllll........

A lot of people would debate the "nice" part.  She was very nice to the family she was hired to care for, but... a bit of an ass when it came to many other people.  Not to say she was arrogant, but she couldn't take a joke to save her life and she was EXTREMELY inflexible when it came to rules.  M$ employees couldn't even come in early without inciting her wrath -- 9:00 o'clock meant 9:00 O'CLOCK.

Granted she mellowed out a lot after she was forced to resign, by then it was too late.  She was so intent on her work and in being a good caretaker for the fledling Windows-IBM family, that she failed to make any friends elsewhere, except perhaps for a few of the other "deviant" UNIX-tans that were sent to the frontlines.  -___-'
I fully understand now! :D Wow... Didn't know that she was so strict!

Hmm,... lesse....

Tinfoil Hat-tan,.. you can... go... yes... uh,... guess she did that on her own.  ^^'
But her electric forcefields could have came in very handy!

Lin-chan,... get outta my sight, you traitor and W-word!  ^0^
Oh how mean! Yes I happen to like her. Even if she is a traitor!

Free-chan,... please go and talk some sense into your Nee-chan.  -.-'
Yes, lead Lin-chan onto the path of redemption!

DSL-chan... bring DSL-kun and DSFBSD-tan.  Hurry!  Hurry!  Hurry! ^V^
Don't forget Damn Small Solaris-tan!

Barbie Linux-sama.... mind if you could pose for a,... picture session?  ^3^

*nosebleeds*
Heheheh... I knew you were going to go there-- I mean.. PERVERTED... PIGGY!

She's also very very funny in the modern day.  ^__^
She's got comedy potential too? Cool!

BWAAHAHA!!!!  This is stellar work!!!!!!  ^v^

I'm really getting into this story -- it's like nothing I've ever seen from you!  ^___^
This is pretty different, being a more serious comic. I'm so used to random cheesy comedy like ZS!

PANEL 1:  ][-chan has a darling expression here.  Just like 2-chan seems too cute to be into masonry, ][-chan's looks too cute to be put into farm labor.  But then again, guess we're filling a need.  ^__^
Those two are soooooo cute! But someone has to do those jobs...

PANEL 3:  System 1-chan is pretty cute here too, crying like that. The last time I saw her bawl like that was in the Mac Party comic.  ^___^
She is quite hysterical!  ;012

PANEl 4:  Is that an evi grin I see in Lisa-chan's face?   ^^
Why yes it is!

PANEL 6:  OMG!!  She actually slapped her!  The comic's gone PG-13! @v@
BWAHAHAHAHAHA! But that is NOTHING compared to the second OS-tan Flashbackstory Chronicles episode I have in mind! ;006

Nah, just kidding.  In the old days, Lisa-chan liked throwing her height around.  She was the first "tall" girl among the commercial OSes (although by today's standards, she's pretty short).  ^__^
Ah yes... Those were the days when 160 cm was considered tall! For years she was the tallest Apple-tan around!

And just like that, the System 1 fiercness has morphed into humility.  ^^'
But her fiesty spirit did not and shall not die! Not even under Lisa's oppression!

Wouldn't be a bad idea -- kinda would help,  narratively-speaking, if she was around two other [forgotten] Windows-tans.  Kinda helps with the irony that 1.0-chan and 2.0-chan, despite their limitations, are the most knowledgeable of the entire family tree.  ^^
Excellent idea!! I never considered that! Do you think that Altair-tan would be friends with them? And if so, how and when? (curious as it could make a good and sappy story as three highly unacknowledged girls band together!)

QuoteIn 1968, before even being completed, ARPA suggested the Multics be canceled (as it was growing too large, expensive, and wasn't living up to the promises made about it). MIT convinced the developers that the project should be killed, too; it came down to one person, who realized what knowledge would be lost if Multics was killed, to turn the tide the other way. Multics came one person from being terminated...if had been canceled at this point, we'd probably have no Unix today...

HOLEY SMOKES!!  @____@
I second that!

Well for that matter, there's a hidden story to Lisa-chan's snobbery.  Â¬v¬
If I recall correctly, Lisa-tan was unintentionally spoiled too much by her company and Apple ][-tan.

Wow!  That's going to be a sweet new life for Multics-sama Mark II!!  ^___^

To top it all off, CTSS-sama is also alive,... just not really,... living.....

Supposing the new MULTICS-sama were the first person to see her?  @v@
Does that mean that finally, Multics-sama and CTSS-sama can live happily ever after? :D

Thank you *Buntu-sama!  ^v^

But...

Yeah,... I can vouch with certainty that my old friends aren't here anymore.... ^^'

Ack! *fiercely grabs FreeBSD-tan* COUGH UP C-CHAN RIGHT NOW!

---

Here's page 3:

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?pos=-7190

Bella

Oh gosh, it sucked to be System 1-tan, didn't it? Kinda sad to see Lisa-san treating System 1-chan this way...but I guess this makes System 1-chan's rise to popularity all the better!

QuoteBut yeah, as I was saying, I don't think Apple I-san would've disappeared a la Day of Flight -- but she certainly would've left some evening to go die alone.

Even though her body was preserved and kept in a mauseleom by an unidentified Apple exec,

The Woz? The Jobs? The...drats, that's all I could think of.

Quoteit's location is kept a secret from everyone... except for a certain someone (and not necessarily someone you'd expect).... ^__^

Oooh, oooh, is it Newton-tan?

QuoteOh, a crocodile eh? I could use a little reptile power right about now. ^.^

http://www.shoesite.co.uk/uploads/images_categories/139.jpg

Not that kinda croc. :P

QuoteDitch the Birkenyucks, keep the Mary Janes away from active combat please. Or better yet, give them to me. *squeals* ^.^

Hmmm...I didn't know you had a thing for Mary Janes O___O

QuoteWell true that. ^.^
Ironically however, although this likely doesn't mirror real-life, her death was more "collateral damage" like, given she participated in the frontlines during the UNIX wars.
On one hand, you gotta admire somebody who chooses to fight instead of sending her troops out to do the dirty work for her; that's quite brave. Then again, the brave thing to do is not always the smart thing -___-

QuoteUnfortunately now I can't seem to draw anything with any degree of consistence. It's only fitting that C-chan slowly and steadily descends into utter suckage,.. can't complain, though, as I had a fruitful career while it lasted. -v-

Let us remember the classic Unix (or was that Slackware?) adage; keep it simple. And have no expectations. I've always tried to follow these rules with my drawings; I cannot speak for everyone, though, each has their own way of operating...

QuoteWelllllllllllllllllllllllllll........

A lot of people would debate the "nice" part. She was very nice to the family she was hired to care for, but... a bit of an ass when it came to many other people. Not to say she was arrogant, but she couldn't take a joke to save her life and she was EXTREMELY inflexible when it came to rules. M$ employees couldn't even come in early without inciting her wrath -- 9:00 o'clock meant 9:00 O'CLOCK.

Woah, she sounds like the employer from hell...

QuoteGranted she mellowed out a lot after she was forced to resign, by then it was too late. She was so intent on her work and in being a good caretaker for the fledling Windows-IBM family, that she failed to make any friends elsewhere, except perhaps for a few of the other "deviant" UNIX-tans that were sent to the frontlines. -___-'

Pray tell, who might these deviant Unix-tans be?

QuoteI'm really getting into this story -- it's like nothing I've ever seen from you! ^___^

'Zactly what I though!

QuoteWouldn't be a bad idea -- kinda would help, narratively-speaking, if she was around two other [forgotten] Windows-tans. Kinda helps with the irony that 1.0-chan and 2.0-chan, despite their limitations, are the most knowledgeable of the entire family tree. ^^

Oh man, how they bury the truth!

QuoteAh yeah, that too. ^.^
Actually, the full brunt of the UNIX war didn't happen until later -- but there were enough of the higher ups (including the young UNIX-sama herself) that remembered her actions during the 80's. -.-'

I thought the worse of the Unix wars was in the early 90s...I know that's when they started taking losses NT-san...

QuoteWow! That's going to be a sweet new life for Multics-sama Mark II!! ^___^

I already have a little comic planned out (in my head, depending on current events). It would involve Multics-sama, a group of devoted Multicians, and Plan 9-san.

QuoteTo top it all off, CTSS-sama is also alive,... just not really,... living.....

Supposing the new MULTICS-sama were the first person to see her? @v@

Wait, is CTSS-sama dead, a ghost, or really catatonic or something? I forgot ^////^

QuoteThank you *Buntu-sama! ^v^

But...

Now I will call Debian-san to come and fish you from FreeB's digestive tract O__o

QuoteSo sad ;__;

On top of those things, Altair-tan pretty much caused her own demise when trying to knock out IMSAI 8080-tan from the competition at the time. And also IMSAI 8080-tan is rumored to be Altair-tan's clone!
(the IMSAI 8080 was heavily based off of the Altair 8800, is considered by some to be the first 'clone')

Not to mention that Altair-tan is also accident prone...

Hmmm...you think we'll see an IMSAI 8080-tan soon...? And I always supposed a lot of them old microcomputer-tans would be accident prone. Haha....

QuoteThis is pretty different, being a more serious comic. I'm so used to random cheesy comedy like ZS!

Yeah, certainly a change. But I like it--it really shows your versatility as a writer and artist :D

QuoteBWAHAHAHAHAHA! But that is NOTHING compared to the second OS-tan Flashbackstory Chronicles episode I have in mind!

Yeeee-eees? I'm all ears...
Ah yes... Those were the days when 160 cm was considered tall! For years she was the tallest Apple-tan around!

Wait...5' 2''? That is short O_O

QuoteExcellent idea!! I never considered that! Do you think that Altair-tan would be friends with them? And if so, how and when? (curious as it could make a good and sappy story as three highly unacknowledged girls band together!)

I dunno, but I'm sure we can come up with something :P
Does that mean that finally, Multics-sama and CTSS-sama can live happily ever after?

Ehhh...I don't know if source code being released warrants an OS-tan being back from the dead. I mean, the source code is analogous to DNA; it theoretically contains everything that's needed for life, but it's not life until it's been implemented somehow...

Aurora Borealis

Aww DARNIT! The last 5 or so posts got disappeared, possibly sucked into one of the black holes of the interwebz!

To try and recap things:

I actually did attempt to make an IMSAI 8080-tan and did sketch a preconcept chibi but I wasn't very satisfied with how it turned out. May try again now that it was mentioned. Although I do know for sure that outfit will have a lot of reds and blues and she has a resemblance to Altair-tan.

Here is the partly-done picture of OSX Server-tan/Rhapsody-tan originally posted up in time for Mother's Day. She is wearing a gala dress based off of her normal outfit (and also her appearance is based off of that in the 2007 OS-tan Valentine's Day special picture I drew)

And there was still the topic of who is the Apple-tan that knows of Apple I-tan's mausoleum and can get into it...

Ruled out that is not Newton-tan nor is it Leopard-tan. I then guessed that it was Macintosh System 5-tan because she's a phantom and well... she can phase through walls! Or possibly Macintosh System 2-tan because she is such a genius!

Alfamille

I can sense that there's a whole lot of tracing that is needed to be done there. Obviously that woulds be her lower body.

Also, I can see that she has a broad abdominal structure...or maybe its her shoulders (pls dont kill me Aurora-hime) ^_^

Aurora Borealis

*puts away doomsday devices* Okay... Just because you are really nice! ^__^

finished version:

Siya

Hurrah!  It's finished!  As I mentioned in one of the lost posts, I really like the colors. ^^

C-Chan

Ah good, she's finished!  ^^

This is my last stop for now,... have to go, but at least managed to assess the extent of my disappeared posts.  The below is the last one, and covers just about everything I had pending at the time in this thread.... thank goodness I saved it in Kwrite.  ^___^

Sorry if it doesn't include the latest posts here -- as I'm short of time,  I can only copy-and-paste-and-pray the stuff's still relevant.  ^___^'

=============================

Okay, well I'll announce the winner,... just as soon as I write my back responses, and build some suspense... fufu...  ^.^

QuoteBut if her body is preserved... She can easily be brought back from the dead! But too bad our attempt to consult the UserSpace Gang for help failed miserably.

Yeah,... I'm not going through that whole tentacle monster thing again.  ^^;
Unless maybe it's like Full Metal Alchemist, and if we had fid the monster a couple of blood jewels, she might've turned into an Apple I-sama homunculus.  ^___^;

But then,... maybe that's worse..........?  ^____________________^;

QuoteYou had friends that got eaten too 0__0

Well no,... they were eaten first,... then they became my friends when I got eaten too.  ^^;
Think of that Ants Bully movie with the frog scene.  ï¿½ï¿½

QuoteHeheheh... I knew you were going to go there-- I mean.. PERVERTED... PIGGY!

Ohhhh now,... let an old piggy have his little pleasures....  ^3^

QuoteShe's got comedy potential too? Cool!

Oh yeah,... mentioned that in her initial description when I first posted her chibi.  I reckon I should stick it into the Wiki one ofthese days.... �__�

QuoteThis is pretty different, being a more serious comic. I'm so used to random cheesy comedy like ZS!

Well now, I think I'm gonna be liking the serious side of Aurora-hime.  ^^

QuoteBWAHAHAHAHAHA! But that is NOTHING compared to the second OS-tan Flashbackstory Chronicles episode I have in mind!

See what I mean?  I'm REALLY gonna like that.  `v'

QuoteAh yes... Those were the days when 160 cm was considered tall! For years she was the tallest Apple-tan around!

Lesse,... well considering that all the initial commercial OS-tans such as TRSDOS-chan and AtariDOS-chan were short, and PilotOS-chan is short, and even ZX Spectrum-tan and C64-tan were just shy of her height,... yeah, she was the tallest commercial OS-tan around period for quite a while.  ^^

It was a little later when C128-san, Amiga-san and AtariTOS-san surpassed her, but even then she had several centimeters on a few generations of Apple-tans before the inevitable happened.  ^^

QuoteExcellent idea!! I never considered that! Do you think that Altair-tan would be friends with them? And if so, how and when? (curious as it could make a good and sappy story as three highly unacknowledged girls band together!)

Hmmm,... for some reason I have a feeling of deja vu.  '__'

I think they would become friends, but only much later after Altair-san finally made her way to the Binteji Renmei.  Actually, it's thanks to ZX Spectrum (who also handles a lot of the genealogy trees for the BR) that they knew their distant ancestor existed, so no doubt some of the other girls pulled out all the stops to perform the tearful reunion.

Funny thing is,... Xenix-sama is the only one who might have had at least some knowledge of Altair-san's existence, since she was also in charge of the old bookkeeping.  The fact that she kept quiet all those years is one of those mysteries that may never be solved.  -___-

QuoteIf I recall correctly, Lisa-tan was unintentionally spoiled too much by her company and Apple ][-tan.

Well,... like with Multics-sama... that's really only HALF the story.  ï¿½v�

QuoteAck! *fiercely grabs FreeBSD-tan* COUGH UP C-CHAN RIGHT NOW!

Ahh,.. too late.
Do you have a towel?  ^^;

QuoteHere's page 3:

OMG!!  That's so sadistically cute, I could swoon 10x over!!  @v@

But you have to hand it to Lisa-chan,... she certainly knows how to handle slaves,... er, well "servants" (yeah right).  ^_____^;

QuoteOh gosh, it sucked to be System 1-tan, didn't it? Kinda sad to see Lisa-san treating System 1-chan this way...but I guess this makes System 1-chan's rise to popularity all the better!

Everyone likes an underdog.  ^^

QuoteThe Woz? The Jobs? The...drats, that's all I could think of.

That depends on how you view their representation in the OS-tan world.  ^___~

Quotehttp://www.shoesite.co.uk/uploads/images_categories/139.jpg

Not that kinda croc. :P

*feeds Croc to an actual crocodile*

And people want to stick their bare feet in that thing?  O___o

*crocodile chokes and dies*

...I mean really..... -___-'

QuoteHmmm...I didn't know you had a thing for Mary Janes O___O

Hmmm,... I wonder,.... maybe it's because a Mary Jane,... is a REAL shoe?  `v'

*hugs Mary Jane*

Actually prefer the flat or flatter heel variety,... I'm not fond of high heels of any kind, since they look so damn painful. "Don't do onto others as you wouldn't want done to you" is my motto even for fetishes (so yes, that means no corsettes either).  ^^

QuoteOn one hand, you gotta admire somebody who chooses to fight instead of sending her troops out to do the dirty work for her; that's quite brave. Then again, the brave thing to do is not always the smart thing -___-

Then again,... what if she was one of those "troops".  Don't forget, she wasn't thought of too highly among the Unices.  ^^'

QuotePray tell, who might these deviant Unix-tans be?

Oh now, I'm not THAT detailed,.... ^^'
Just pull out any random Unix distribution that was popular back in the 80's and fizzled out prior to or during the early 90's.  Trust me, there's TONS of 'em.  ^^;

QuoteI thought the worse of the Unix wars was in the early 90s...I know that's when they started taking losses NT-san...

No, that's correct.  :)

QuoteI already have a little comic planned out (in my head, depending on current events). It would involve Multics-sama, a group of devoted Multicians, and Plan 9-san.

Wooho!!  ^V^

QuoteWait, is CTSS-sama dead, a ghost, or really catatonic or something? I forgot ^////^

I think we figured it would be nice to keep CTSS-sama as kind of a System 5-like ghost -- except that unlike 5-san, there's no one left alive AND sufficiently-related to her that can see her.  I figured that'd make for a tearful day-in-the-life of, where she visits many ofher descendants and is proud to see them come so far, but very sad to not be able to tell them that in person.

Multics-sama, though, might be able to see her if or when she gets resurrected.

QuoteYeah, certainly a change. But I like it--it really shows your versatility as a writer and artist

Indeed!  ^^

QuoteEhhh...I don't know if source code being released warrants an OS-tan being back from the dead. I mean, the source code is analogous to DNA; it theoretically contains everything that's needed for life, but it's not life until it's been implemented somehow...

Hence she's a ghost,... with us in spirit, but not living.  :P

===================================

And the winner for best guess is:

Well, Bella-hime had it in her last post before it disappeared.  Let's see if she remembers her second Apple-tan that she randomly called out.  ^.^

Course, Aurora-hime made some really good guesses, but doesn't really give much credit to the TRUE keeper of the mausoleum secret, who was right under her nose no less.  Then again,... hopefully it's not too late to throw a really big wrench in... the story.... ^__~

Bella

QuoteI actually did attempt to make an IMSAI 8080-tan and did sketch a preconcept chibi but I wasn't very satisfied with how it turned out. May try again now that it was mentioned. Although I do know for sure that outfit will have a lot of reds and blues and she has a resemblance to Altair-tan.
Oooh, cool! I'm hoping we'll see her!

Quotefinished version:

Oooh, pretty! I really like how you did the dress, I see you're being adventurous with the folds and stuff. The roses are well drawn, and the card is a cute touch. Her hair is pretty, as is her expression :D

QuoteThis is my last stop for now,... have to go, but at least managed to assess the extent of my disappeared posts. The below is the last one, and covers just about everything I had pending at the time in this thread.... thank goodness I saved it in Kwrite. ^___^
Hmmm...so I'm not the only one who sometimes edits replies in an outside program. XD

QuoteYeah,... I'm not going through that whole tentacle monster thing again. ^^;
Unless maybe it's like Full Metal Alchemist, and if we had fid the monster a couple of blood jewels, she might've turned into an Apple I-sama homunculus. ^___^;

But then,... maybe that's worse..........? ^____________________^;

Gah! Now you know why I don't trust things brought back from the dead @__@

QuoteWell no,... they were eaten first,... then they became my friends when I got eaten too. ^^;
Think of that Ants Bully movie with the frog scene.  

Oh the intriguing folks you meet in people's stomachs.

QuoteOh yeah,... mentioned that in her initial description when I first posted her chibi. I reckon I should stick it into the Wiki one ofthese days....  __

Yeah, we should see a wiki article for her :)

QuoteWell now, I think I'm gonna be liking the serious side of Aurora-hime. ^^

I second this!

QuoteLesse,... well considering that all the initial commercial OS-tans such as TRSDOS-chan and AtariDOS-chan were short, and PilotOS-chan is short, and even ZX Spectrum-tan and C64-tan were just shy of her height,... yeah, she was the tallest commercial OS-tan around period for quite a while. ^^

It was a little later when C128-san, Amiga-san and AtariTOS-san surpassed her, but even then she had several centimeters on a few generations of Apple-tans before the inevitable happened. ^^

I wonder how tall Multics-sama would have been...I always imagined, 5' 5''/6'' or somewhere around there.

QuoteI think they would become friends, but only much later after Altair-san finally made her way to the Binteji Renmei. Actually, it's thanks to ZX Spectrum (who also handles a lot of the genealogy trees for the BR) that they knew their distant ancestor existed, so no doubt some of the other girls pulled out all the stops to perform the tearful reunion.

Haha, I didn't know the Binteji Renmei had a resident genealogist !

QuoteFunny thing is,... Xenix-sama is the only one who might have had at least some knowledge of Altair-san's existence, since she was also in charge of the old bookkeeping. The fact that she kept quiet all those years is one of those mysteries that may never be solved. -___-
Hhmmmm....

QuoteWell,... like with Multics-sama... that's really only HALF the story.  v

That depends on how you view their representation in the OS-tan world. ^___~
...Oh now I'm intrigued...

Quote*feeds Croc to an actual crocodile*

And people want to stick their bare feet in that thing? O___o

Nooooo, I own a pair!

Quote*hugs Mary Jane*

Actually prefer the flat or flatter heel variety,... I'm not fond of high heels of any kind, since they look so damn painful. "Don't do onto others as you wouldn't want done to you" is my motto even for fetishes (so yes, that means no corsettes either). ^^

Meh, I've never been one for any of those shoes...I think boots are cool :P

QuoteThen again,... what if she was one of those "troops". Don't forget, she wasn't thought of too highly among the Unices. ^^'

I always assumed that an OS-tan would automatically be a higher official/ruler, while program/file/webpage-tans would be considered a "lower class". Though, I guess some program or webpage-tans become really famous or popular, and get to a point where their influence could surpass an OS-tan's...

QuoteOh now, I'm not THAT detailed,.... ^^'
Just pull out any random Unix distribution that was popular back in the 80's and fizzled out prior to or during the early 90's. Trust me, there's TONS of 'em. ^^;

Oh, yeah, there are plenty of those out there...like PWB/UNIX, Silver OS, or Sinix. XD

QuoteWooho!! ^V^

This all depends on what exactly happens, though...maybe I'll elaborate in an appropriate thread.

QuoteI think we figured it would be nice to keep CTSS-sama as kind of a System 5-like ghost -- except that unlike 5-san, there's no one left alive AND sufficiently-related to her that can see her. I figured that'd make for a tearful day-in-the-life of, where she visits many ofher descendants and is proud to see them come so far, but very sad to not be able to tell them that in person.

I had a thought...perhaps she would come to Multics-sama in the form of a bird or something, as some cultures believe that spirits can appear in the form of animals.

QuoteWell, Bella-hime had it in her last post before it disappeared. Let's see if she remembers her second Apple-tan that she randomly called out. ^.^

Was it, System 1-chan?
Apple ][-tan?
Lisa-san?

QuoteCourse, Aurora-hime made some really good guesses, but doesn't really give much credit to the TRUE keeper of the mausoleum secret, who was right under her nose no less. Then again,... hopefully it's not too late to throw a really big wrench in... the story.... ^__~

The TRUE keeper?! You're torturing us with this! :P

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "C-Chan"Ah good, she's finished!  ^^

This is my last stop for now,... have to go, but at least managed to assess the extent of my disappeared posts.  The below is the last one, and covers just about everything I had pending at the time in this thread.... thank goodness I saved it in Kwrite.  ^___^

Sorry if it doesn't include the latest posts here -- as I'm short of time,  I can only copy-and-paste-and-pray the stuff's still relevant.  ^___^'
Yeah, it's all still relevant.

Okay, well I'll announce the winner,... just as soon as I write my back responses, and build some suspense... fufu...  ^.^
I WANNA KNOW!! I WANNA KNOW!! *jumps up and down*

Yeah,... I'm not going through that whole tentacle monster thing again.  ^^;
Agreed. That was awful the first time!

Unless maybe it's like Full Metal Alchemist, and if we had fid the monster a couple of blood jewels, she might've turned into an Apple I-sama homunculus.  ^___^;

But then,... maybe that's worse..........?  ^____________________^;
I'd be willing to take those risks. I want to bring her back from the dead!

Ohhhh now,... let an old piggy have his little pleasures....  ^3^
Okay...

Well now, I think I'm gonna be liking the serious side of Aurora-hime.  ^^
I'll try. I've never really tried any really serious comics before!

See what I mean?  I'm REALLY gonna like that.  `v'
The next one I had in mind would start off with something that wouldn't be out of place in ZS but the flashback takes a turn for the serious, violent and even sappy! :D

Lesse,... well considering that all the initial commercial OS-tans such as TRSDOS-chan and AtariDOS-chan were short, and PilotOS-chan is short, and even ZX Spectrum-tan and C64-tan were just shy of her height,... yeah, she was the tallest commercial OS-tan around period for quite a while.  ^^
I knew that TRSDOS-chan and AtariDOS-chan were short but I didn't really think that PilotOS-tan would be though...

It was a little later when C128-san, Amiga-san and AtariTOS-san surpassed her, but even then she had several centimeters on a few generations of Apple-tans before the inevitable happened.  ^^

Speaking of C128-tan, do you have a present day design planned for her? Because another comic idea I had in mind would involve her (a story that takes place in 2005 with C128-tan and C64-tan reuniting with Quantum Link-tan and the three of them travel to Quantum Link-tan's abandoned resort and take back the island!)

Hmmm,... for some reason I have a feeling of deja vu.  '__'

I think they would become friends, but only much later after Altair-san finally made her way to the Binteji Renmei.  Actually, it's thanks to ZX Spectrum (who also handles a lot of the genealogy trees for the BR) that they knew their distant ancestor existed, so no doubt some of the other girls pulled out all the stops to perform the tearful reunion.
I think it is cool that one of the Binteeji girls keeps track of the relatives and families of the others too!  ;012

I've got an idea as for how Altair-tan joins them... She finally joined after years of putting it off. She knew she caused her own demise from the competition, and knew that she is frail and accident prone but remained a wanderer by choice for some time, not wanting to give up until one day she gets chased and attacked by a group of bootleg OS-tans and runs for her life (at least she is a fast runner. The Altair 8800 had a clock speed of 2 MHz which was pretty fast in mid 1970's!) and while the enemies completely lose track of her, Altair-tan stumbles upon the Binteeji Renmei again.

Extremely nervous, she reluctantly enters mainly because it is much safer than being a wanderer (and she is lucky to last as long as she had!). When being introduced to the Binteeji girls, Altair-tan appears frightened knowing that she has now encountered the girls whose advancements even knocked out IMSAI 8080-tan from the competition! (and ending the era of microcomputers that operate with switches and blinking lights, giving way for OSes with command lines and GUIs!)

[which then leads to Altair-tan meeting Windows 1.0-tan and 2.0-tan, with ZX Spectrum-tan telling about the discovery...]

Funny thing is,... Xenix-sama is the only one who might have had at least some knowledge of Altair-san's existence, since she was also in charge of the old bookkeeping.  The fact that she kept quiet all those years is one of those mysteries that may never be solved.  -___-
It looks like we've got a mystery on our hands!

Well,... like with Multics-sama... that's really only HALF the story.  ï¿½v�
What was the other half? I'm curious!

Ahh,.. too late.
Do you have a towel?  ^^;
*hands out towel*

Here you go. Now remember to wash it before returning it to me, okay?

But you have to hand it to Lisa-chan,... she certainly knows how to handle slaves,... er, well "servants" (yeah right).  ^_____^;
Well... That is one of the things Lisa-tan is willing to do!

QuoteOh gosh, it sucked to be System 1-tan, didn't it? Kinda sad to see Lisa-san treating System 1-chan this way...but I guess this makes System 1-chan's rise to popularity all the better!

Everyone likes an underdog.  ^^
Same here! Of course System 1-tan's life wasn't ALL bad. It was great when Apple ][-tan visited. Of course she couldn't stick around for too long. So it sucked to be her most of the time!

*feeds Croc to an actual crocodile*

And people want to stick their bare feet in that thing?  O___o

*crocodile chokes and dies*

...I mean really..... -___-'
Nice going. I saw what you did there. So did The Smoking Gun-tan... Now wait here while she goes to get handcuffs small enough for you!

Hmmm,... I wonder,.... maybe it's because a Mary Jane,... is a REAL shoe?  `v'

*hugs Mary Jane*

Actually prefer the flat or flatter heel variety,... I'm not fond of high heels of any kind, since they look so damn painful. "Don't do onto others as you wouldn't want done to you" is my motto even for fetishes (so yes, that means no corsettes either).  ^^
Oh yeah I've worn high-heels. Painful and I can barely run in them T__T

QuotePray tell, who might these deviant Unix-tans be?

Oh now, I'm not THAT detailed,.... ^^'
Just pull out any random Unix distribution that was popular back in the 80's and fizzled out prior to or during the early 90's.  Trust me, there's TONS of 'em.  ^^;
Does OS-9-tan count? she'd be considered a deviant, especially considering how she dissed Unix out loud AND right in front of her!

I think we figured it would be nice to keep CTSS-sama as kind of a System 5-like ghost -- except that unlike 5-san, there's no one left alive AND sufficiently-related to her that can see her.  I figured that'd make for a tearful day-in-the-life of, where she visits many ofher descendants and is proud to see them come so far, but very sad to not be able to tell them that in person.

Aww... How sad to be alive  but no one can see her. And unlike 5-tan, she does not have a human alter-ego!

QuoteEhhh...I don't know if source code being released warrants an OS-tan being back from the dead. I mean, the source code is analogous to DNA; it theoretically contains everything that's needed for life, but it's not life until it's been implemented somehow...

Hence she's a ghost,... with us in spirit, but not living.  :P
Suits her perfectly!

And the winner for best guess is:

Well, Bella-hime had it in her last post before it disappeared.  Let's see if she remembers her second Apple-tan that she randomly called out.  ^.^
AUUUGGGGGHHHH!  I want to know!!

Course, Aurora-hime made some really good guesses, but doesn't really give much credit to the TRUE keeper of the mausoleum secret, who was right under her nose no less.  Then again,... hopefully it's not too late to throw a really big wrench in... the story.... ^__~
WHO IS IT?! WHO IS IT?!

---

Here is page 1-4!

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?pos=-7204

C-Chan

Don't mind me, peoplez.  Had a million in one things to do still, including.... playing.... with,... certain................ pond.................. fish............... ¬¬

Long story that at least one person here knows about..... ¬v¬

But just wanted to reply quick since both of youz still haven't confidently guessed the right person (although Bella-hime is close).

Without further ado,....

The keeper of the Secret Mausoleum is.....
None other than...
LISA-SAN!!!!!!!!!!!  @0@

I could explain why,... but as long as I can't swoon over Aurora-hime's comic, Bella-hime's latest panels, and that C/// sleeve question (actually, just a badly decorated "U", but probably better as representing the C language), I shall leave that issue hanging.  `v'

All I can say is,...

The notion that Apple I-sama died alone, as is officially recorded,.... is,... not......... e-n-t-i-r-e-l-y,....... accurate......  Â¬.¬'

Aurora Borealis

*slaps self in the forehead*

ACK! OF COURSE!! I should have guessed her! Now I finally understand the hint of the mystery Apple-tan being extremely difficult to divulge secrets from... It's Lisa-tan because she no longer talks and also because aside from Apple ][-tan, she was the only other Apple-tan around to have known Apple I-tan when alive!

BTW, do all of the Apple-tans know of Apple I-tan and what she was like (through ][-tan's stories of her) or is her existance only known to her and Lisa-tan?

Any chance of the whole Apple family ever visiting the mausoleum either?