Aurora's got an OS-tan art thread! Wait... what?!

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 01, 2006, 10:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

*staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaares*  Oh my,... now Aurora-sama has become a Purveyor of Kink I see.... this looks great finished....! Also kinda neat that DSBSD-chan is quite tall,... relatively speaking of course.... @v@

*nosebleeds + swoons*

I'll be back, btw....   ^^

Added after 17 hours 8 minutes:

Okay, I'm back.  ^^

*blink link*

*nosebleeds + swoons... again*   XvX

NejinOniwa

Oh damnit, my stomach is getting full with all this delicious stuff to chew on...OM NOM NOM
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

MEEP O.O

FreeBSD-chan is so cuuuuuuuute! I love her hair and her expression is just perfect. Ditto with the tiny OS-tans; I have to say, DSBSD-tan is my favorite here, but QNX-tan and the DSLs are great, too. I see how you included the little details, like the...penguin hats :D

I have always wondered, though, what's the deal with QNX-tan? Can she change between being normal-sized and miniature, or what...? ;)

QuoteAhem...

"Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future."

XD Bwahahahah! I'll give you one guess as to where that's from.

Plan 9 from Outer Space?

QuoteClones, Reanimated Versions of Themselves, giraffes, Owls, penguins, space bunnies dragonflies, devil girls.
The Unix/Linux family gets more and more diverce every day.

You forgot cats (the OSX's) and dogs (Puppy Linux-tan, YellowDog-tan) and monkey girls (Darwin-chan) :3

QuoteYeah, she was some sort of a freedom fighter! She most likely would have had troubles with the Windows-tans as the mid 90's was when they rose to dominance and probably caused her (alleged?) demise.

I never thought about how the early Linux-tans would have interacted with the Windows-tans...

I just always assumed that the Linux-tans would have been quite overlooked at this time, what with all the fighting between the Macs and Windows-tans. I don't even think the Linuxes would have registered as a blip on the proverbial radar screen, at least not in the home computer market, until quite recently.

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "Bella"

I have always wondered, though, what's the deal with QNX-tan? Can she change between being normal-sized and miniature, or what...? ;)

She's some sort of 'mad scientist' who can change her height using a chemical concoction. She usually shrinks herself to a very miniature size because of her interest in the diminutive OS-tans (although she does have a rivalry with CE-tan although not as much as her rivalry with OS-9-tan. And besides, CE-tan is more likely elsewhere, wanting to fight against Palm OS-tan...) and also to reflect that QNX is a minimalistic OS.

QuoteClones, Reanimated Versions of Themselves, giraffes, Owls, penguins, space bunnies dragonflies, devil girls.
The Unix/Linux family gets more and more diverce every day.

You forgot cats (the OSX's) and dogs (Puppy Linux-tan, YellowDog-tan) and monkey girls (Darwin-chan) :3
And don't forget octopuses/octopi! (Octopus-tan, obviously)

I never thought about how the early Linux-tans would have interacted with the Windows-tans...

I just always assumed that the Linux-tans would have been quite overlooked at this time, what with all the fighting between the Macs and Windows-tans. I don't even think the Linuxes would have registered as a blip on the proverbial radar screen, at least not in the home computer market, until quite recently.

That sounds right. Linux didn't really gain a huge amount of popularity until more recent years.

Aurora Borealis

*GASP!* Aurora has made... BOOTLEG MINIS!
(what can I say? I really like those OS-tan minis and they are easy and fun to make!)

Siya

Awesome! ^^

I really like the minis, too.  Unfortunately, I'm too impatient with vector programs to bother with them.  That's a nice lineup you've got there. ^^

Bella

QuoteShe's some sort of 'mad scientist' who can change her height using a chemical concoction. She usually shrinks herself to a very miniature size because of her interest in the diminutive OS-tans (although she does have a rivalry with CE-tan although not as much as her rivalry with OS-9-tan. And besides, CE-tan is more likely elsewhere, wanting to fight against Palm OS-tan...) and also to reflect that QNX is a minimalistic OS.

Ah, I see...

Quote*GASP!* Aurora has made... BOOTLEG MINIS!
(what can I say? I really like those OS-tan minis and they are easy and fun to make!)

Cute! They are all awesome, but I keep looking at Apple I-sama and 2.0-chan (probably cause they're my favorite vintage Apple-tan and non-NT Windows-tan) :)

Oh man, I gotta make some bootleg minis, too. You know what just occurred to me, though? I don't know if this has ever been suggested before or not, but we should have a mini-making contest. Cause the template is out there and all, it'd be easier for people to do than a full wallpaper or whatever, and would be fun (and educational when it comes to using vector graphics). I just wonder if Infinity-san would be alright with it...I dunno what kinda organizing would go into it, either, but I'm just throwing this out there.

QuoteI really like the minis, too. Unfortunately, I'm too impatient with vector programs to bother with them. That's a nice lineup you've got there. ^^

I've always found vector graphics to be more intuitive and easier than raster, but I guess to each his own...;)

Aurora Borealis

Heheheh... I at first thought that vector graphics were really difficult after drawing by hand for so long but it turned out to be so much easier for me!

Mini Linux-tans! I liked both renditions equally and a lot so I made minis of both!

And... Here are the first few Mac-tans!

Bella

No wai! I was just about to draw a mini Linux-sama! (but as you can see, I did manage a Puppy-chan)

She's looking good, as are the Macs! They're all adorable, but my personal favorite is System 3-chan :D

Aurora Borealis

Hooray! You made your first mini! Puppy-chan is very cute!

C-Chan

WOW!!!!!!!  SUGOINESS TO THE MAX!!!!!!!!!!!!  @V@

Took a while, but finally have more allies in the reclusive Infinity Zero Vision Mini-Making hobby.  ^.^

Will be back later to say more -- but given how easy they are to make, I might pitch in with a handful too.  Especially the OS-tans I've not been able to draw (thumbs through sketches of AtariDOS and PilotOS).....  ^___^

FYI, those are Version 1.0 Minis.  Infinity Zero is now doing Version 2.0 Minis, which have legs.  Still, I'm kinda partial to the 1.0's myself,... they're so cute and compact....  ^o^

Added after 1 minutes:

Oh, and yeah,... almost forgot,....

To honor this "Blast from the Past" I'm reinstating the long lost art of Melt Swoonage....

Who wants Ice Cream that tastes suspiciously pork?!  ^v^

Siya

Hurrah for more minis!  Are all of the creators getting their own signature colors for the frames?

QuoteHeheheh... I at first thought that vector graphics were really difficult after drawing by hand for so long but it turned out to be so much easier for me!
Not for me. ~_~;  I tried it and just got too frustrated by it.  Though, I'll probably have to work with some vector programs once I start getting into CG and animation classes.

QuoteWho wants Ice Cream that tastes suspiciously pork?! ^v^
*unabashedly raises hand*  A seesaw demon does, certainly!

Aurora Borealis

Whoa! What kind of ice cream is that shade of green? 0__0

But then again, pork ice cream is not that unusual anymore. There are much more unusual ice cream flavors out there!

---

Yeah, each of the mini-makers do use their own color frames. I guess it started when C-Chan used green frames for his.

light blue: infinity_zero (original)
green: C-Chan
light purple: Aurora
grey: Bella
Navy blue: Tsubashi

And good idea to mentioning making minis of OS-tans that havent been drawn yet. That inspired me to make these:

It's SourceMage-tan!

She is very advanced with potential that equals or surpasses Sorcerer-tan's. However she has a lot to learn to reach that potential!
Aside from requiring new acquaintances to make a social contract with her, she is introverted and likes birds (ravens and crows in particular), kinda like Zazie from "Negima".

And it's kinda hard to tell on the minis but she has feathers on the edges of her shawl.

Next up are minis of Sorcerer-tan and Lunar Linux-tan! :D

Siya

SWEET! ^^

Also, I was assuming that to be green tea ice cream, but I'm sure there are other flavors around that match the color, too.

Aurora Borealis

Alright!...

Here's Lunar Linux-tan!

And Sorcerer-tan!