Aurora's got an OS-tan art thread! Wait... what?!

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 01, 2006, 10:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siya

QuoteWhat's up with all the roller-blading Linux-tans? Knoppix, Slackware (sometimes), Lunar Linux....
Should she be wearing regular roller skates, then?

C-Chan

Awesome, there's art for me to observe and drool at no less.  ^^

Very well,....

*pegs in C-chan Placeholder marker*  I'll be right back,... tonight is visiting hours, after all.  ^.^

In the meantime, has anyone checked out the new Damn Small Solaris?

http://www.sunhelp.ru/archives/175-Damn_Small_Solaris_na_osnove_Solaris_Express_b81.html

Course, we might need Bella-sama's help with the translation.  ^^;

*steps out momentarily*

Bella

QuoteIn the meantime, has anyone checked out the new Damn Small Solaris?

http://www.sunhelp.ru/archives/175-Damn_Small_Solaris_na_osnove_Solaris_Express_b81.html

Course, we might need Bella-sama's help with the translation. ^^;

What's up with the DSSolaris thing, anyhow? Is it so important to have a server packed into a pen drive?

But...if I hear "Damn Small" prefix another frickin' operating system....

Pretty soon, we'll see Damn Small Windows...I mean to say, MinWin...and Damn Small OS X, Damn Small Multics, and Damn Small Minix. Damn Small Minix, trust me, will be smallest damn OS ever made! Scientists won't even know of its existence, and will need a scanning tunneling electron microscope to see the damn thing!

Okay, okay, sorry for my blue comedy act there. That's actually pretty interesting...I've been thinking about doing a picture with Solaris-san (in her much-discussed battle suit or some kinda gown)...maybe a DSSolaris-tan could be in the picture too...

Aurora Borealis

Wow! Lunar Linux-tan has a lot of comedy potential! Okay, drawing Lunar Linux-tan and Source Mage-tan now on my OS-tan drawing 'schedule'.

And there's ANOTHER DAMN SMALL OS?!?!? 0__0

C-Chan

QuoteYup. The 'cheesy movie set' look was what I was going for!

In that case, you forgot the paper cardboard tombstones.  ^^;

QuoteAnd that they all look related to each other... Well, cloning can do that... But on the other hand, the BSD-tans are sisters(?) but don't look anything like each other! (except for DSBSD-tan looking a lot like FreeBSD-tan because DSBSD is just a minimalistic FreeBSD)

Fufu... so true, and probably a point that's often raised between the Plan 9 clan and the BSDs that live with them.  Haven't drawn DragonflyBSD-tan, but I can assure you even she looks nothing like her 3 main sisters.  -v-

QuoteHere's a new OS-tan, Sorcerer-tan! She is a very skilled sorcerer and healer who uses magic with her crystal ball but also uses spell books. Her two daughters (Lunar Linux-tan and Source Mage-tan) are also magic-wielders as well. She is very devoted to her sorcery (the OS itself uses a lot of magic-themed terminology such as 'packages' are 'spells')

WOW!!  A 100% sources-based system!  That looks intense to use!  @o@

Sorcerer-tan herself, though, has that cute, pleasant, Final Fantasy White Mage look to her.  ^___^

Kinda sad she's not GPL'd anymore, as that's a good way to kill a project.  In a way I'm glad that Lunar Linux-tan and Source Mage-tan managed to be created before their mother's self-imposed transmogrification.  I would especially love to see Lunar Linux-tan's design, as she has much potential for coolness (call it the UNIX-like features... .^.^).  [speaking of which, I DO remember seeing Lunar Linux shown at distrowatch every once in a while]

UNfortunately,... the soap opera like drama is bound to get a certain Sap Queen inspired....  ^______^;

QuoteFamily intrigue, I like, I like...

Spoke to soon.  ^^;

QuoteOn a literary level, of course. I think it's sad there's so much infighting in the world of OS-tans, they need to get along more :..(

The OS-tans?  Having family fueds?  

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah..... ^_____^

FYI, I think it's sad that VIRUS-tans probably have better family values than the OSes themselves.  ^^;

QuoteOooh, I see her need of a social contract is a reference to Source Mage's Debian-like contract...I guess she would make an odd acquaintance :P

Makes her sound more like a demon (or in that case, BSD-tan), though. ^^;

*shudders*

QuoteHorned owl ears?! Better not let SCO-tan catch wind of this, or she'll be convinced Lunar Linux-tan is a code descendant of Unix-sama. Or if Slackware-san hears about this, she'll think Lunar Linux-tan is trying to win Unix-sama's "favor"....In fact, this could make for some comedy XD

Took the words right out of my mouth!!!!  BWAHAH!!!!!!  ^V^

QuoteHmmm...penguins, owls and squirrels=Linux, Unix and Amiga. Why do I love Lunar Linux-tan so much already...?

As if she didn't have enough to worry about with SCO-bouzu and Slack-chan,... now we have to worry that DragonflyBSD-tan might misinterpret her love for squirrels as being an attempt to steal her belove Amiga-sama.  Lunar-chan could be unknowingly thrusted into an imaginary Lover's Triangle.  @@;

QuoteWhat's up with all the roller-blading Linux-tans? Knoppix, Slackware (sometimes), Lunar Linux....

Guess the fact that they can play the role of "servers" harkens back to the days of Drive-Thru restaurants.  ^^;

QuoteWhat's up with the DSSolaris thing, anyhow? Is it so important to have a server packed into a pen drive?

Actually, I think they're more interested in putting Solaris in VERY low-end hardware.  Don't forget that Google has made an empire out of turning crappy old hardware strewn throughout the world into viable server clusters, and the less system overheat there is, the more resources they have to operate decently.  ^.^

(kinda like that OpenBSD on an old PowerPC story.)

QuoteBut...if I hear "Damn Small" prefix another frickin' operating system....

Pretty soon, we'll see Damn Small Windows...I mean to say, MinWin...and Damn Small OS X, Damn Small Multics, and Damn Small Minix.

Which would mean that in order to draw them, you'd have to start reading either the Borrowers, or at least the first chapter of Gulliver's Travels (the one that everyone and their dog remembers).  ^^'

QuoteDamn Small Minix, trust me, will be smallest damn OS ever made! Scientists won't even know of its existence, and will need a scanning tunneling electron microscope to see the damn thing!

In that case, I'll lobby to make DSMinix a -kun.  ^^'
Then again, thanks to the wonders of LZMA compression, I wouldn't be surprised if they started contemplating a Damn Small DAMN Small Linux.  ^v^;

(We're planning to use LZMA compression with EeePCLOS, btw, once Tex and the Gang work support into Main.)

QuoteOkay, okay, sorry for my blue comedy act there. That's actually pretty interesting...I've been thinking about doing a picture with Solaris-san (in her much-discussed battle suit or some kinda gown)...maybe a DSSolaris-tan could be in the picture too...

oooh.... Bella-sama is considering an uber-detailed battle suit.  I'm rootin' for you!  ^____^

Don't forget that in addition to DSSolaris-tan, that little mini Java mascot that looks like a baby Pyramid Head could also get a cameo too.  ^^

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: C-ChanIn that case, you forgot the paper cardboard tombstones.  ^^;

I knew I was forgetting something to add on to the cheezyness!

QuoteAnd that they all look related to each other... Well, cloning can do that... But on the other hand, the BSD-tans are sisters(?) but don't look anything like each other! (except for DSBSD-tan looking a lot like FreeBSD-tan because DSBSD is just a minimalistic FreeBSD)

Fufu... so true, and probably a point that's often raised between the Plan 9 clan and the BSDs that live with them.  Haven't drawn DragonflyBSD-tan, but I can assure you even she looks nothing like her 3 main sisters.  -v-
If I recall correctly, Dragonfly BSD-tan has green hair?

Of course other obvious examples of siblings not looking much like another is most of the Windows family!

And the OSX-tans!

QuoteThe OS-tans?  Having family fueds? 

FYI, I think it's sad that VIRUS-tans probably have better family values than the OSes themselves.  ^^;
That is very unfortunate considering how malicious most of those virus-tans are!

QuoteHorned owl ears?! Better not let SCO-tan catch wind of this, or she'll be convinced Lunar Linux-tan is a code descendant of Unix-sama. Or if Slackware-san hears about this, she'll think Lunar Linux-tan is trying to win Unix-sama's "favor"....In fact, this could make for some comedy XD

Took the words right out of my mouth!!!!  BWAHAH!!!!!!  ^V^

QuoteHmmm...penguins, owls and squirrels=Linux, Unix and Amiga. Why do I love Lunar Linux-tan so much already...?

As if she didn't have enough to worry about with SCO-bouzu and Slack-chan,... now we have to worry that DragonflyBSD-tan might misinterpret her love for squirrels as being an attempt to steal her belove Amiga-sama.  Lunar-chan could be unknowingly thrusted into an imaginary Lover's Triangle.  @@;
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh poor Lunar Linux-tan, getting into all of those weird social situations just for being who she is! (And that Source Mage-tan has to bail her out of all those situations)

Lunar Linux-tan: Source Mage-chan, HELP ME!! THERE'S THIS CRAZY GIRL WHO THINKS I'M STEALING HER LOVE WHILE I'M JUST STANDING HERE, BAFFLED, HAVING NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON!!

QuoteBut...if I hear "Damn Small" prefix another frickin' operating system....

Pretty soon, we'll see Damn Small Windows...I mean to say, MinWin...and Damn Small OS X, Damn Small Multics, and Damn Small Minix.

Eventually, The Damn Small-tans would be able to start their own faction!

QuoteDamn Small Minix, trust me, will be smallest damn OS ever made! Scientists won't even know of its existence, and will need a scanning tunneling electron microscope to see the damn thing!

In that case, I'll lobby to make DSMinix a -kun.  ^^'
Then again, thanks to the wonders of LZMA compression, I wouldn't be surprised if they started contemplating a Damn Small DAMN Small Linux.  ^v^;

(We're planning to use LZMA compression with EeePCLOS, btw, once Tex and the Gang work support into Main.)
Damn Small DAMN Small?! That there is pretty mind-blowing! 0__0
---
3 new chibis ahead, include some extra weirdness!

Yggdrasil Linux-tan, One of the earliest Linux distro-tans and is the first LiveCD distro. Released in 1992 and discontinued in 1995. She is supposed to be a viking girl and I imagine her as a crusader back in the day, being one of the first Linux distro-tans and all, and advocating for freedom and Open Source!

**WARNING: EXTRA WEIRDNESS AHEAD**

Mentioned in the Mac Party Redux thread was System 4.2-tan and here she is! And as a bonus, I added in System 4.4-tan! They're actually not completely new characters...

4.2-tan is System 5-tan alter-ego and past self who was HUMAN!! And her colorful outfit and ways most likely inspired System 3-tan to be the way she is now.

4.4-tan is a mysterious Mac-tan who was seen once by the Mac family but (allegedly) disappered in early 1988 and never heard from or seen again since then... Or was she? Nah, all along she has been living with the Mac family but under the identity of System 6-tan! HAHAHAHA!

Also... 4.2-tan has shorter hair and 4.4-tan HERSELF is shorter! (at a height of 5'4, down from 6'1) 4.4-tan also has crazy pigtails whose span is slightly greater than her height!

Bella

QuoteFufu... so true, and probably a point that's often raised between the Plan 9 clan and the BSDs that live with them. Haven't drawn DragonflyBSD-tan, but I can assure you even she looks nothing like her 3 main sisters. -v-

I's wanna see this Miggy-hugging fangirl!

QuoteKinda sad she's not GPL'd anymore, as that's a good way to kill a project. In a way I'm glad that Lunar Linux-tan and Source Mage-tan managed to be created before their mother's self-imposed transmogrification. I would especially love to see Lunar Linux-tan's design, as she has much potential for coolness (call it the UNIX-like features... .^.^). [speaking of which, I DO remember seeing Lunar Linux shown at distrowatch every once in a while]

UNfortunately,... the soap opera like drama is bound to get a certain Sap Queen inspired.... ^______^;

Oh man...I swear every OS-tan has a tale of woe. Seriously.

QuoteThe OS-tans? Having family fueds?

FYI, I think it's sad that VIRUS-tans probably have better family values than the OSes themselves. ^^;

If the Viru-tans could get along well, the Unix-wars wouldn't have happened!

*gets anvil, piano, and plasma-screen TV dropped on me at once by angered Unix-tans*

QuoteTook the words right out of my mouth!!!! BWAHAH!!!!!! ^V^

It's my future-telepathy! I can see what folks are gonna say. XD

QuoteAs if she didn't have enough to worry about with SCO-bouzu and Slack-chan,... now we have to worry that DragonflyBSD-tan might misinterpret her love for squirrels as being an attempt to steal her belove Amiga-sama. Lunar-chan could be unknowingly thrusted into an imaginary Lover's Triangle. @@;

Wai...waaahat!? Did you just insinuate DragonflyBSD-tan has the hots for Miggy-sama!!?!?!?!?!

@__________________________@

(is this a reference of DFBSD being able to run on Amiga hardware or sumthin'?)

QuoteGuess the fact that they can play the role of "servers" harkens back to the days of Drive-Thru restaurants. ^^;

QuoteActually, I think they're more interested in putting Solaris in VERY low-end hardware. Don't forget that Google has made an empire out of turning crappy old hardware strewn throughout the world into viable server clusters, and the less system overheat there is, the more resources they have to operate decently. ^.^

(kinda like that OpenBSD on an old PowerPC story.)

Oh I see...

QuoteI wouldn't be surprised if they started contemplating a Damn Small DAMN Small Linux. ^v^;

Now you gots the future-telepathy! Cause I was gonna mention that! XD

Quote(We're planning to use LZMA compression with EeePCLOS, btw, once Tex and the Gang work support into Main.)

Do I see a Damn Small EEEPCLOS in the future? DSEEPCLOS! It rolls off the tongue! :P

Quoteoooh.... Bella-sama is considering an uber-detailed battle suit. I'm rootin' for you! ^____^

Don't forget that in addition to DSSolaris-tan, that little mini Java mascot that looks like a baby Pyramid Head could also get a cameo too. ^^

Awww, how complicated can a battle suit be (or is that a rhetorical question...?).

And a baby Pyramid Head? Oh shi- O______o

QuoteIf I recall correctly, Dragonfly BSD-tan has green hair?

Of course other obvious examples of siblings not looking much like another is most of the Windows family!

And the OSX-tans!

The more I hear about DFBSD-tan, the more I think she'll be like a *nix Homeko... O__O

And yes, I think families that look alike are the exception...

QuoteHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh poor Lunar Linux-tan, getting into all of those weird social situations just for being who she is! (And that Source Mage-tan has to bail her out of all those situations)

Lunar Linux-tan: Source Mage-chan, HELP ME!! THERE'S THIS CRAZY GIRL WHO THINKS I'M STEALING HER LOVE WHILE I'M JUST STANDING HERE, BAFFLED, HAVING NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON!!

Great comic potential ahoy!

QuoteEventually, The Damn Small-tans would be able to start their own faction!

And their HQ could be in the clothing of some unsuspecting OS-tan! Or Rhode Island!

QuoteYggdrasil Linux-tan, One of the earliest Linux distro-tans and is the first LiveCD distro. Released in 1992 and discontinued in 1995. She is supposed to be a viking girl and I imagine her as a crusader back in the day, being one of the first Linux distro-tans and all, and advocating for freedom and Open Source!

She's very pretty! I love her expression...her hairstyle is neat, and I like her viking garb. Plus, I love things with wings :P

*puts on to-fanart list*

Quote4.2-tan is System 5-tan alter-ego and past self who was HUMAN!! And her colorful outfit and ways most likely inspired System 3-tan to be the way she is now.

Do you mean System 6-tan's alter-ego? Or is there something about System 5-tan we don't know...?

Anyhoo, they're both cute! I really love System 4.2-tan, her hair and expression especially :3 and 4.4-tan is funky and cool, too!

Quote4.4-tan is a mysterious Mac-tan who was seen once by the Mac family but (allegedly) disappered in early 1988 and never heard from or seen again since then... Or was she? Nah, all along she has been living with the Mac family but under the identity of System 6-tan! HAHAHAHA!

QuoteAlso... 4.2-tan has shorter hair and 4.4-tan HERSELF is shorter! (at a height of 5'4, down from 6'1) 4.4-tan also has crazy pigtails whose span is slightly greater than her height!

And that's not all either! 4.4-tan is indifferent to the perverted antics in the Mac House but 4.2-tan HATES perversion!

So, wait....are 4.4-tan and 4.2-tan the same character...?

Meh head  ;026

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "Bella"

QuoteHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh poor Lunar Linux-tan, getting into all of those weird social situations just for being who she is! (And that Source Mage-tan has to bail her out of all those situations)

Great comic potential ahoy!

Should I draw that at some point in ZS? :D

And their HQ could be in the clothing of some unsuspecting OS-tan! Or Rhode Island!

The Damn Smalls hiding in the clothing of unsuspecting OS-tans could be dangerous...

She's very pretty! I love her expression...her hairstyle is neat, and I like her viking garb. Plus, I love things with wings :P

*puts on to-fanart list*
Yippeee!

Quote4.2-tan is System 5-tan alter-ego and past self who was HUMAN!! And her colorful outfit and ways most likely inspired System 3-tan to be the way she is now.

Do you mean System 6-tan's alter-ego? Or is there something about System 5-tan we don't know...?
Nope because of the whole 'System (software) 5' thing. Let's see if this time I can explain it clearly!

System 5-tan actually represents System Software 5 (Mac System 4.2 + Finder 6.0 + Multifinder 1.0, with the 4.2 being the actual OS) and Mac System 5 although the latter does not exist so that's why 4.2-tan is human and while 'System 5-tan' is a phantom.

And Mac System 6 was originally Mac System 4.4 (part of System Software 6) but changed to match the System Software number which explains why System 5 does not exist and why 4.4-tan is System 6-tan's alter ego (and original identity she went by for a short time)

I hope I explained that well. Reading about all that for the first time made my brain melt :D

On another note, Mac OS was not the only OS to have crazy version number skips!

ex: Windows NT started at 3.1, Solaris skipped from 2 to 7, Darwin OS skipped from 1.4.1 to 5.1, there is no QNX 3 or 5.

And of course Windows skipped from 3.1 to 95! Then 98! Then 2000! Then they skip all the way back to 7! [/half sarcasm]

Anyhoo, they're both cute! I really love System 4.2-tan, her hair and expression especially :3 and 4.4-tan is funky and cool, too!
Thank you!

So, wait....are 4.4-tan and 4.2-tan the same character...?

Meh head  ;026

See attempted explanation (but the simple answer is no)

Bella

QuoteShould I draw that at some point in ZS?

That's up to you...but there certainly is a lot of material there :)

QuoteNope because of the whole 'System (software) 5' thing. Let's see if this time I can explain it clearly!

System 5-tan actually represents System Software 5 (Mac System 4.2 + Finder 6.0 + Multifinder 1.0, with the 4.2 being the actual OS) and Mac System 5 although the latter does not exist so that's why 4.2-tan is human and while 'System 5-tan' is a phantom.

Oh, oh, oh...silly me, I forgot System 5-tan was a phantom ^///^

QuoteAnd Mac System 6 was originally Mac System 4.4 (part of System Software 6) but changed to match the System Software number which explains why System 5 does not exist and why 4.4-tan is System 6-tan's alter ego (and original identity she went by for a short time)

I hope I explained that well. Reading about all that for the first time made my brain melt

Now I get it! Thank you for explaining.

QuoteOn another note, Mac OS was not the only OS to have crazy version number skips!

ex: Windows NT started at 3.1, Solaris skipped from 2 to 7, Darwin OS skipped from 1.4.1 to 5.1, there is no QNX 3 or 5.

And of course Windows skipped from 3.1 to 95! Then 98! Then 2000! Then they skip all the way back to 7! [/half sarcasm]

Why can't they count properly! XD

C-Chan

Yggdrasil Linux-sama spotted!  ^v^

However, currently facing inclement weather, so I'll have to head out early.  Hopefully I'll return later to continue.  ^.^

*provides pre-swoonage as a deposit*

C-Chan

QuoteIf I recall correctly, Dragonfly BSD-tan has green hair?

Yepper.  And thanks to a little bird, DFBSD-tan now has an appearance.  From what I've seen, I can personally vouch that she looks "hawt".  ^^

I feel sorry for OSX-tan who has to bear all that weight on her apple.  ^v^;

Quote3 new chibis ahead, include some extra weirdness!

Yggdrasil Linux-tan, One of the earliest Linux distro-tans and is the first LiveCD distro. Released in 1992 and discontinued in 1995. She is supposed to be a viking girl and I imagine her as a crusader back in the day, being one of the first Linux distro-tans and all, and advocating for freedom and Open Source!

Yahaw!  I remember her!  By GAWD, she was just a sketch not but a few months ago, and now we see her in the flesh. ^.^

Granted there's no shortage of cute in your characters, she is pretty darn cute looking, and has plenty of vestiges of Linux-sama (such as her hair and the helmet) to pass for an immediate disciple.  The triple laced ponytails, though, help add a level of distinction unseen in another characters that I know of.  ^^

My only thought is that she looks like a great candidate to be wielding a halberd rather than a spear.  Figure the "Norseness" of her could look well with an axe of some kind.  ^____^

Quote**WARNING: EXTRA WEIRDNESS AHEAD**

Mentioned in the Mac Party Redux thread was System 4.2-tan and here she is! And as a bonus, I added in System 4.4-tan! They're actually not completely new characters...

Oh yeah!  I remember these girls from another sketch you did too!  (although only the System 4.4-chan sticks out in my memory, because of her uber pigtails).

I figured they'd be like back when life was a lot easier for all Apple-tans.  Surely as the 90's approached, they had to "upgrade" themselves and strengthen their powers, in much the same way as OS/2-san.  ^^

QuoteIf the Viru-tans could get along well, the Unix-wars wouldn't have happened!

*gets anvil, piano, and plasma-screen TV dropped on me at once by angered Unix-tans*

Well deserved!  ^v^
*sucks up to UNIX-sama some more*

QuoteWai...waaahat!? Did you just insinuate DragonflyBSD-tan has the hots for Miggy-sama!!?!?!?!?!

@__________________________@

(is this a reference of DFBSD being able to run on Amiga hardware or sumthin'?)

Ohhh,... I think you know the answer to that by now.  ^.^

QuoteDo I see a Damn Small EEEPCLOS in the future? DSEEPCLOS! It rolls off the tongue! :P

Fufu... ^.^
Nah, we're actually hoping that EeePCLOS 1.0 CAN make use of LZMA compression by default.  Since you use Ubuntu, you know how much software can be fit into a compressed 700MB CD.  Now imagine if all that software could be compressed even further to only occupy about 400MB instead, without any perceived performance decrease?

Think of how much more can be added in that extra 300MB, and try not to swoon....  ^.^

QuoteAwww, how complicated can a battle suit be (or is that a rhetorical question...?).

Oh, we are talking about Solaris-sama here, so don't skimp out unless you want to test some of her "Vengeance-flavored" Hot Java.  ^.^;

QuoteAnd a baby Pyramid Head? Oh shi- O______o

Well that's kinda what I call it....

QuoteThe Damn Smalls hiding in the clothing of unsuspecting OS-tans could be dangerous...

Well if you think about it, there are PLENTY of folds in 95-tan's kimono... ^.^

*chortle chortle chortle*

Or maybe we can conscript PU-chan to be their HQ.  Even if she knew about them, she'd be easily bullied into just putting up with it for a while.  ^____^

*lecherous chortle chortle chortle*

Alfamille

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"...And here it is finished!

Plan 9 + Inferno + Plan B + Octopus-tans family picture complete! (Imagine that they are at one of those places where professional photos are taken) posing in front of an outer space-theme background!

Nice! Octupus-tan really looks adorable in that illustration.

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"

Here's a new OS-tan, Sorcerer-tan! She is a very skilled sorcerer and healer who uses magic with her crystal ball but also uses spell books. Her two daughters (Lunar Linux-tan and Source Mage-tan) are also magic-wielders as well. She is very devoted to her sorcery (the OS itself uses a lot of magic-themed terminology such as 'packages' are 'spells')

However, Sorcerer-tan is not happy about being a mother. This is because the developer of Sorcerer disapproved of Lunar Linux (first daughter of Sorcerer) so Sorcerer got taken off of the internet (although returned later under a non-GPL liscense, meaning no more derivatives can be created).

But... That did not stop there being a second daughter! And here's where things get really bizarre in Sorcerer-tan's and Source Mage-tan's backstories...

When Sorcerer-tan was being taken away and being relocated, an accident or something like that (or was it?...) destroyed her body (literally) and a new (and taller, and more mature-looking) body was created and with magic, her mind and spirit was transferred to the new body with complete success.

And there was a group of magic users who found the remnants of Sorcerer-tan's old body and reconstructed it with magic, creating Source Mage-tan!

This parallels how Source Mage was created: Created from remnants of Sorcerer after being taken offline, remants put together to make a new distro. Was originally a second Sorcerer but renamed to Source Mage.

I also halfway have ideas for Source Mage-tan and Lunar Linux-tan. Source Mage-tan is based off of Sorcerer-tan's younger self, has a red+black outfit, is accompanied by at least one raven at all times, and requires people to make a social contract with her when meeting her. She takes after Sorcerer-tan quite a bit, keeping with the magic terminology used.

Lunar Linux-tan wears a blue+grey outfit, has short black hair in spiky pigtails that mimic horned owl ears, wears a light blue wizard hat with crescent moons on it. She also likes animals a lot (especially penguins, owls and squirrels), and is very witty and likes to joke around.

Your description of those characters shown are well done! I'm sure the final part of illustrating the "magic wielders" will be great.

Quote3 new chibis ahead, include some extra weirdness!

**WARNING: EXTRA WEIRDNESS AHEAD**

4.2-tan is System 5-tan alter-ego and past self who was HUMAN!! And her colorful outfit and ways most likely inspired System 3-tan to be the way she is now.

4.4-tan is a mysterious Mac-tan who was seen once by the Mac family but (allegedly) disappered in early 1988 and never heard from or seen again since then... Or was she? Nah, all along she has been living with the Mac family but under the identity of System 6-tan! HAHAHAHA!

Also... 4.2-tan has shorter hair and 4.4-tan HERSELF is shorter! (at a height of 5'4, down from 6'1) 4.4-tan also has crazy pigtails whose span is slightly greater than her height!

And that's not all either! 4.4-tan is indifferent to the perverted antics in the Mac House but 4.2-tan HATES perversion!

Thumbs up the 3 latest chibis!

Yggdrasil looks sexy in my view. The viking hat is a good extra addon to her outfit and name, but isn't she from California? Hmm. That makes her a Nordic Californian girl! @_@

Techno the fox

Oh, Hello people. My appologies for my strange absence.

Fictional Answer: I fell into a portal on the ground, which co-incedentlly lead to the /F/ section of Fchan where I met up with Effie. We had a great time, and Blah blah blah blah blah blah *Long Hawt H-fic*.
Blah Blah blah, and then, Blah blah blah Mah Boii. Blah blah blah BIG DEAL blah blah.

The Truth: I've been pre-occupied with my new laptop, finally being able to get into second life, and run mugen without crashing once because I now have Lots of memory. Final note: I'm very happy with my Vista, all the programs I've asked it to run so far it has.
The Phillips CDI emulator won't work, and it has to momentarily change the colorscheme to "Windows Vista Basic" (which I  haven't found anything different about) to play VisualBoyAdvance (GBA Emulator)
But that's all.
Anyway, we all have our opinions mine is that i like vista.
*Plays "Happy Together"*

Anyway, I see you've still drawing awesome pictures Aurora.
Now to the commenting.

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"Yup. The 'cheesy movie set' look was what I was going for!

I....I....I just can't hold this back any longer, and since Leopard-chan might be around, I have to say it.

Ahem...

"Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future."

XD Bwahahahah! I'll give you one guess as to where that's from.

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"Yggdrasil Linux-tan, One of the earliest Linux distro-tans and is the first LiveCD distro. Released in 1992 and discontinued in 1995. She is supposed to be a viking girl and I imagine her as a crusader back in the day, being one of the first Linux distro-tans and
all, and advocating for freedom and Open Source!

Oooh, I'm liking her already. Sort of like a "Freedom Fighter" *thinks of Satam Sonic*
Fighting for freedom of code in a world that was (at the time) dominated by Non-Open sourced OSes.
I can also imagine that she would've had some troubles with the early Windows -Tans.

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"Mentioned in the Mac Party Redux thread was System 4.2-tan and here she is! And as a bonus, I added in System 4.4-tan! They're actually not completely new characters...

Cute. ^__^ Despite being a buyer and user of windows products, I welcome with open arms all aditions to the Mac House.

System 4.2-tan looks alot like her little sister (4.0-tan)
System 4.4-tan looks a bit wild, what with those pig tails and sunglasses and all.

And Perversion? In the Mac house?
I never would've guessed.
[/sarchasm]

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"Here's a new OS-tan, Sorcerer-tan! She is a very skilled sorcerer and healer who uses magic with her crystal ball but also uses spell books. Her two daughters (Lunar Linux-tan and Source Mage-tan) are also magic-wielders as well. She is very devoted to her sorcery (the OS itself uses a lot of magic-themed terminology such as 'packages' are 'spells')

However, Sorcerer-tan is not happy about being a mother. This is because the developer of Sorcerer disapproved of Lunar Linux (first daughter of Sorcerer) so Sorcerer got taken off of the internet (although returned later under a non-GPL liscense, meaning no more derivatives can be created).

But... That did not stop there being a second daughter! And here's where things get really bizarre in Sorcerer-tan's and Source Mage-tan's backstories...

When Sorcerer-tan was being taken away and being relocated, an accident or something like that (or was it?...) destroyed her body (literally) and a new (and taller, and more mature-looking) body was created and with magic, her mind and spirit was transferred to the new body with complete success.

And there was a group of magic users who found the remnants of Sorcerer-tan's old body and reconstructed it with magic, creating Source Mage-tan!

This parallels how Source Mage was created: Created from remnants of Sorcerer after being taken offline, remants put together to make a new distro. Was originally a second Sorcerer but renamed to Source Mage.

I also halfway have ideas for Source Mage-tan and Lunar Linux-tan. Source Mage-tan is based off of Sorcerer-tan's younger self, has a red+black outfit, is accompanied by at least one raven at all times, and requires people to make a social contract with her when meeting her. She takes after Sorcerer-tan quite a bit, keeping with the magic terminology used.

Lunar Linux-tan wears a blue+grey outfit, has short black hair in spiky pigtails that mimic horned owl ears, wears a light blue wizard hat with crescent moons on it. She also likes animals a lot (especially penguins, owls and squirrels), and is very witty and likes to joke around.

Ooooh, I'm loving her already ^__^
But if Source Mage-tan was created using the remains of Sorcerer's body then how does that make them related?

Clones, Reanimated Versions of Themselves, giraffes, Owls, penguins, space bunnies dragonflies, devil girls.
The Unix/Linux family gets more and more diverce every day.

Plan-9 family pic:
O.O
*stutters*
Oh.....MY...GOSH
*Left arm explodes*

That is...AWESOME ^_________________^
Cuuuuuuuutttttteeeeee

Quote from: "C-chan"Well that's kinda what I call it....

Zomg! It really is a baby Pyramid Head.
Awww, well isn't that.................Sooo unbelieveably creepy. O.O

Oh, and C-chan. My fellow Giantess Fan.
I know you'd explode if you'd seen the Sonata Pic I saw.
I can't post it here because I think it qualifies as hentai.

But I think I can say this......
Go to Giantess Garden
Go to the "Comics" section
Download the one file currently hosted there.
(It's a zip file) Once inside find a jpeg file called x-027

Now, I'm off!
(To the bomb shelter, Pig qualifies as a Nuke! Haha JK JK)

Alfamille

This is a little offtopic to discuss here but...

Quote from: "Techno the fox"
Oh, and C-chan. My fellow Giantess Fan.
I know you'd explode if you'd seen the Sonata Pic I saw.
I can't post it here because I think it qualifies as hentai.

But I think I can say this......
Go to Giantess Garden
Go to the "Comics" section
Download the one file currently hosted there.
(It's a zip file) Once inside find a jpeg file called x-027

Now, I'm off!
(To the bomb shelter, Pig qualifies as a Nuke! Haha JK JK)

I think that one is already archived in the "kazumi uploader".

NSFW (according to Techno) : http://kazumi386.org/~ostan2/pic_os_uploader01_st/mac/src/1164959183185.jpg

I dont think she became a Giantess there, I think the illustration was meant to zoom her....well...to those who saw it before...you do know where.

Still glad that you still gave a little love to one of the underrated canon OS-tans, that is OS9 Sonata-sensei. The sensei thanks you for that. :P

Aurora Borealis

QuoteYour description of those characters shown are well done! I'm sure the final part of illustrating the "magic wielders" will be great.
Kinda having a hard time on that. I did manage to sketch a preconcept for SourceMage-tan but still can't draw a complete sketch of Lunar Linux-tan yet though x__x

QuoteThumbs up the 3 latest chibis!

Yggdrasil looks sexy in my view. The viking hat is a good extra addon to her outfit and name, but isn't she from California? Hmm. That makes her a Nordic Californian girl! @_@
It's a CULTURAL PARADOX!! :D

QuoteOh, Hello people. My appologies for my strange absence.

Fictional Answer: I fell into a portal on the ground, which co-incedentlly lead to the /F/ section of Fchan where I met up with Effie. We had a great time, and Blah blah blah blah blah blah *Long Hawt H-fic*.
Blah Blah blah, and then, Blah blah blah Mah Boii. Blah blah blah BIG DEAL blah blah.

The Truth: I've been pre-occupied with my new laptop, finally being able to get into second life, and run mugen without crashing once because I now have Lots of memory. Final note: I'm very happy with my Vista, all the programs I've asked it to run so far it has.
The Phillips CDI emulator won't work, and it has to momentarily change the colorscheme to "Windows Vista Basic" (which I  haven't found anything different about) to play VisualBoyAdvance (GBA Emulator)
But that's all.
Anyway, we all have our opinions mine is that i like vista.
*Plays "Happy Together"*

Anyway, I see you've still drawing awesome pictures Aurora.
Now to the commenting.
Welcome back and congratulations with Windows Vista working for you!

QuoteI....I....I just can't hold this back any longer, and since Leopard-chan might be around, I have to say it.

Ahem...

"Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future."

XD Bwahahahah! I'll give you one guess as to where that's from.
Waaaaaah... I don't know! ;__;

QuoteOooh, I'm liking her already. Sort of like a "Freedom Fighter" *thinks of Satam Sonic*
Fighting for freedom of code in a world that was (at the time) dominated by Non-Open sourced OSes.
I can also imagine that she would've had some troubles with the early Windows -Tans.
Yeah, she was some sort of a freedom fighter! She most likely would have had troubles with the Windows-tans as the mid 90's was when they rose to dominance and probably caused her (alleged?) demise.

QuoteCute. ^__^ Despite being a buyer and user of windows products, I welcome with open arms all aditions to the Mac House.
They're happy to hear that, despite not really being new characters!

QuoteSystem 4.2-tan looks alot like her little sister (4.0-tan)
System 4.4-tan looks a bit wild, what with those pig tails and sunglasses and all.

Those were intentional. Hehehe... System 4-tan (as well as the System 2 and 3-tans) may be their older sister(s) but is/are their little sister(s) in terms of height!

QuoteOoooh, I'm loving her already ^__^
But if Source Mage-tan was created using the remains of Sorcerer's body then how does that make them related?
I'd say reanimated clone! :D

QuoteClones, Reanimated Versions of Themselves, giraffes, Owls, penguins, space bunnies dragonflies, devil girls.
The Unix/Linux family gets more and more diverce every day.
Indeed!

QuotePlan-9 family pic:
O.O
*stutters*
Oh.....MY...GOSH
*Left arm explodes*

That is...AWESOME ^_________________^
Cuuuuuuuutttttteeeeee
Ha ha, thank you! *goes off to find mangled and exploded remains of Techno's arm*
---

And look what I finished!