Aurora's got an OS-tan art thread! Wait... what?!

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 01, 2006, 10:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

Here's a vector sketch of TRS DOS-tan that I started today! However when uploading this, it just occured to me that I forgot to add on the pouches on her belt! Oops! >__<

And other pictures in progress are a cute group picture, a silly group picture, an update of a previous picture and a really bad attempt at a parody!

C-Chan

Aurora-sama, you are a doll!  ^v^

*coos*

She's so cute reading her Radio Shack tome.... ^v^
And don't worry about her utility pouches, as she's not obliged to wear them all the time (online when on the move).  If you wanted to lay down on a couch to read a book, you'd want to take off that heavy load too.  ^.^

Judging from her apron, you also seemed to be making good use of the pattern fill too.  ^__^

Aurora Borealis

Actually I don't know how to use the pattern fill ^^;

I used the technique that I learned in the Amiga boing ball tutorial but did the stripes on a diagonal

C-Chan

Oh,......................... Well that works too (sometimes better).  ^___^

Pattern fills are easy though, once you get the hang of it.  ^v^
I'm definitely psyched about creating dedicated Inkscape tutorials on my webspace soon, so I'll be sure to cover that as well.  ^v^

Alfamille

Hey! A lot of nice and cute renditions Aurora!

I really dig that Leopard-tan of yours! :D Nice thinking of combining both rendition of the original one from yours and the magical girl on ++.  ;010

but still wondering on who's that Toshiaki from ++ that came up with the magical girl. ;020

C-Chan

oooh,... never quite thought to truncate Nijiura.com's down to "++".  That actually helps a mil!  ^__^

Quotebut still wondering on who's that Toshiaki from ++ that came up with the magical girl.

I've been wondering the same thing myself, but at least it makes a little more sense than a silver-haired school girl with screws, an orange skirt and Dr. Seuss socks mascarading as Vista.  ^.^;

Alfamille

QuoteI've been wondering the same thing myself, but at least it makes a little more sense than a silver-haired school girl with screws, an orange skirt and Dr. Seuss socks mascarading as Vista. ^.^;

Let's not be hard on Vis-tan.

WAIT!  I quickly recalled that ++ have their own version of Vis-tan, which I always prefer to the original one by the way.  Maybe it's just I'm too wierded out on the original one.

But still the magical girl was a good idea.  I also wonder if that artist even lurks here. :P

C-Chan

Preeeeeecisely!  ^__^
Now THAT version of Vistan rules,... even if it is too cute for the system itself.  ^.^

As for the ++ artist's lurking on our boards,.... hey, guess we can dream eh?  ^^'

But at least they knew where Infinity-san's Mini Viru-tan's were located....  -v-

And they made a very cute BeOS-tan.....  Â¬v¬

Bella

Awww!!! That Miggy-sama, GEM-tan and Lisa-tan scene is so cute!

Aurora Borealis

Thank you, Bella!

---

And this... was first mentioned in C-Chan's art thread. A 95 OSR 2.1-tan has been mentioned in a comic, but there is no visual representation of her! So C-Chan suggested I make one and well...

Here she is!

Tsubashi

Oooh! Fancy!
Sorry, I don't have much time to comment in detail, but I will say that she looks very awesome. you art skill continue to grow with each picture, and it is quite evident you put a lot of work into this one.
I especially like her slight 95-tan reminiscence, while maintaining her own distinct and unique presence!

Good Job!
-Tsu

C-Chan

GYAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!  ^v^

Aurora-sama, you are one of a kind!!!!!  ^____^

She - is - incredible!  ^-^
Combining a graceful maturity befitting an old and wise variant OS-tan who's actually lived and toiled off the land, all the while dedicating her life to the  pursuit of science!  ^..^

What's more, whether you made it intentionally or not, you also solved the problem of what to do with her weapon.  After all, if Hagchan has a Katana and the newer 2.5-sama has a Jutte, then what better intermediate weapon than:

Her clothing seems made for that, and besides (being a hermit), she'd make for someone quite skilled at Kyudo (as well as being one heck of a sharpshooter).  ^____^

Aurora Borealis

Thanks both of you!
---

I've gotten back to working on wiki avis as a way to help take part in the OS-tan Collections Wiki revival!

Bella

Meet the farkers....Bwah!

Ooooh! A catgirl :D I love her streetlight and mug XD And, contrastingly, Foobies-tan sorta reminds me of a dog-girl (maybe because of her ponytail)...heehee...

Cute drawings and I'll like to see their wiki entries!

Added after 2 minutes:

Aaaah! Aurora, you're at 999 posts! Post something and shed your cursed Vista rank, for the love of all decent, non-Vista OSs....

Next stop, the magical rank of GNU/Linux :D

C-Chan

WAI!!!  Aurora-sama's gonna turn into a Gnu!!!!  ^v^

But seriously, these are great!  ^___^
Foobies-chan brings back good memories.  And even though you mentioned TotalFark-tan before in Zerosanity, I never imagined she'd be so,......... Moe.........

I think the C-chan is in love............  @v@

*C-chan inflates and floats off in lovey-dovey mode*  *V*