Aurora's got an OS-tan art thread! Wait... what?!

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 01, 2006, 10:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

No there isn't and thank goodness! That would be just plain creepy!

I guess the Virus-tans would be the main enemies of the OS-tan world. Or hackers. Or ignorant computer users who ask where the 'any' key is and use their computer's CD tray as a cupholder. :D

Kami-Tux

I thought Toshiaki was the clueless luser.

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Bella

Aurora, would you mind if I did a fanart of Leopard-tan?

Aurora Borealis

C-Chan

QuoteNice virus!
*never thought I'd say those words XD*
I never heard of a virus-tan before about a week ago, but here they are cropping up here and there...pesky viruses...lol

It's funny that prior to a month ago, I had not heard of any Virus-tans being produced.  -v-

Virus references yes (like the "Bruce Willis" virus), but no definitive cute personfication of a virus.

Infinity-san eventually produced Mimail and Spida behind the scenes, but probably didn't think too much of them since they took a while to be released.  So it's amazing that not even a week after that, the first Viru-tan sketch appeared, and slowly but surely gained in popularity.

It may not be the next ME-tan, but who's to say it couldn't if we helped out a bit?  A site like +にじうã,‰ï¼‹ which creates its own original content and doesn't block western IPs (and has even directed wayward English-speakers to our forum) I feel deserves to have its efforts equally appreciated.

That's why, many kudos to you, Aurora-sama!  ^___^

I'd like to do one myself, but also accompanied by specific minions (specifically Mimail, Spida and MyDOOM).  To me, Viru-tan is like a queen virus, and although she can wreak much havoc on her own, she also has the option of sending out "soldiers" to gain new territory.  ^^

QuoteI'm most likely only going to redo the parts that need it most. I usually have a lot of time on my hands to do those kinds of things!

.................Okay.  -v-'
It is nearing mid-April, after all.  ^^'

QuoteAnd Virutan is indeed taking over! In fact, the OS-tan board on +Nijiura+ has been renamed "Ijimeru", after Virutan's catchphrase!

Ah!  You noticed that too?  ^^
That's sweet,... though surprised that hasn't invited any attacks from purists.  Guess they're more civil over there.  -v-

QuoteHaha! I actually understand the whole message that C-Chan typed in Japanese! (My vocabulary is very limited and I can only read kana and recognize a couple commonly-used kanji)

"OS-TAN COLLECTIONS wa Virutan ga daisuki desu!!" (which translates to something along the lines of "OS-tan Collections loves Virutan!!")

Yooooooooooooou got it!!!!!!  ^v^
Even if it's simple Japanese, I'd rather it be that than to intrude the board with just English.  Golden Rule thing and all,... I've yet to see anyone here put their first post up in a seemingly incomprehensible language.  -.-

Oh, and btw... another cute Viru-tan picture was recently completed over there!  ^___^

Let the adorable malware spread!  ^v^

QuoteIs there a sex.exe-Virus as well?
TBH: I do not see the point of Virus-tans....

One, don't give Infinity-san any ideas.  ^^;
Two, how can you not see a point to Virus-tans?  ^0^

Certainly the daily struggle can't always be between OSes all the time; battles between the elements (power issues, CPU overclocking), native wildlife (driver issues), pirated OSes (lots of Windows there), and alien aggressors (viruses/worms) could clearly add more depth to the OS-tan Universe.

Certainly way more than completely unrelated memes, like Cigarette-tans and Habanero-tan.  -.-'

You shouldn't have too much to worry about, since Viru-tan probably knows not to mess with Linuces too much.  ^___^
(one glave ain't gonna do much against 1000 spears.... ^v^')

QuoteI guess the Virus-tans would be the main enemies of the OS-tan world. Or hackers. Or ignorant computer users who ask where the 'any' key is and use their computer's CD tray as a cupholder.

Ah yes, forgot hackers and the lowest of the Toshiaki lifeforms.  ^^'

QuoteAurora, would you mind if I did a fanart of Leopard-tan?

Darn,... if only we had v.4 up and ready.  ^___^

*sigh*

Oh well, go for it Bella!  ^v^

Exa

Quote from: "Bella"
I never heard of a virus-tan before about a week ago, but here they are cropping up here and there...pesky viruses...lol

Yes, they are spreading like a virus "should" act! MyDOOM is both cute, cool and crazy at the same time, she is my favorite virus-tan! :D

C-Chan

Fufufu.... either you've ditched Aurora for "としã,き", or someone else read my mind.... ^___^

http://www.nijiura.com/os/niji.php?res=23082

Nice, no?  ^.^

Aurora Borealis

It was someone else but on my gosh! My fanart of Virutan has been acknowledged!!

C-Chan

Awww..... they switched the board to just "OSたã,""... ;___;

It was so much fun as "ã,,じã,ã,‹ã£â˜†".  ^.^

You get the response, right?

Quoteã,µãƒ³ã,¯ã,¹ï¼
ã,ã–ã,ã–ã,ã,ŠãŒã¨ã£ï¼

Katakana for "thanks!" or I gues SENKUSU!
And then "waze-waze arigatou!", or I guess "Seriously, thank you!" maybe?  '__'

Still very nice of them.  ^___^

C-Chan

Aurora-sama.....

Your new AVI = CUTENESS!!!  ^v^

Please identify.  ^.^

C-Chan

Ah, well that makes sense cause I haven't been at Topicless for a LONG while.  ^___^'

Ah, but finally we get to see your true personfication then?  ^v^

Aurora Borealis

Yup! Even though Kattlanna is actually the star character, Aurora is/will be a very significant character too.

And look what I got done today!

Apple I-tan! She's a hippie girl (hippie girls often did wear flowy dresses! But that was more in the 60's but Apple I-tan strikes me as the old-fashioned type), is a living Rozen Maiden-like doll girl who likes crafts and woodworking and in the picture, she's carving a wooden apple. Also her headband, necklace, bracelets and shoes are wooden too! She was also was quite a prankster when younger (because the Apple I sold for $666.66, a trick by the Steves!).

And I added this into my gallery a few days ago but...

Here's a chibi Linux XP-tan!

Bella

Apple I-sama is a great design! I love the fact she has such a knack for woodworking...and Linux XP-tan is cute...I like her giant fork XD And you new avatar is cool, too ;010

C-Chan

QuoteYup! Even though Kattlanna is actually the star character, Aurora is/will be a very significant character too.

I'd hope so, cause,... well,... it's you.  ^^'
I don't think Aurora would look half-bad as your image watermark, you know.  ^v^

QuoteApple I-tan! She's a hippie girl (hippie girls often did wear flowy dresses! But that was more in the 60's but Apple I-tan strikes me as the old-fashioned type), is a living Rozen Maiden-like doll girl who likes crafts and woodworking and in the picture, she's carving a wooden apple. Also her headband, necklace, bracelets and shoes are wooden too! She was also was quite a prankster when younger (because the Apple I sold for $666.66, a trick by the Steves!).

Haha!  ^v^
Well if the flower power fashion was in the 60's, and she's a mid-70's girl, for her era she wouldn't be old-fashioined.  She'd just be like your neighborhood girl wearing Converse shoes, not realizing they went woefully out of style in the late 90's.... ^^'

Speaking of which,... this quiz is not only sad, but makes me feel way too old..... ^________^;

http://home.mn.rr.com/couplandesque/quizzes/subculture/subculture.htm

But enough about that.... -v-

*hugs Aurora*

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for making Apple I-tan!  ^v^
We can now say that the AppleOS lineage now officially has a mother.  ^___^

And did I mention she looks like my beloved Sui-sama?  ^.^
Excellent in all respects,... it fills me with joy to know that it's her picture that graces Apple II-tan's locket.  ^.^
(incidentally, despite my only rendition of her looking very "farmer"-like with her hair tied in braided pigtails, II-tan does in fact have very long hair like I-tan).  ^__^

QuoteAnd I added this into my gallery a few days ago but... Here's a chibi Linux XP-tan!

Awww yeah,.... she'd be able to successfully infiltrate the Windows Family if not for those flippers.  ^^'
Very cute, but yeah I don't remember seeing her in the uploaded stuff.  Maybe I confused her with the other rendition you did (with Free-chan and Lin-chan?].  '__'

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: BellaApple I-sama is a great design! I love the fact she has such a knack for woodworking...and Linux XP-tan is cute...I like her giant fork XD And you new avatar is cool, too ;010

Thank you! Glad you like her design because trying to think of one was hard! I sorta knew what I wanted her to look like yet I didn't at the same time! For one and a half class periods in the afternoon today, that was one of the main thoughts in my head! "What exactly should Apple I-tan look like?"

And Linux XP-tan appreciates that you like her fork! She can use that fork to smite those that don't believe her (when it comes to 'cosplay' and other things like that)! :D

"Hey, you're not XP-tan!"
"Uhh.... Uhh... I SHALL SMITE YE!!" *SMACK*

Quote from: C-ChanI'd hope so, cause,... well,... it's you.  ^^'
I don't think Aurora would look half-bad as your image watermark, you know.  ^v^
Ooh! I could do that for the new version of ZS as the new pages will be uploaded in my gallery here!

QuoteApple I-tan! She's a hippie girl (hippie girls often did wear flowy dresses! But that was more in the 60's but Apple I-tan strikes me as the old-fashioned type), is a living Rozen Maiden-like doll girl who likes crafts and woodworking and in the picture, she's carving a wooden apple. Also her headband, necklace, bracelets and shoes are wooden too! She was also was quite a prankster when younger (because the Apple I sold for $666.66, a trick by the Steves!).

Haha!  ^v^
Well if the flower power fashion was in the 60's, and she's a mid-70's girl, for her era she wouldn't be old-fashioined.  She'd just be like your neighborhood girl wearing Converse shoes, not realizing they went woefully out of style in the late 90's.... ^^'

Speaking of which,... this quiz is not only sad, but makes me feel way too old..... ^________^;

http://home.mn.rr.com/couplandesque/quizzes/subculture/subculture.htm
Hmm... Good point! Oh, I never noticed the 90's subcultures back when it was the 90's! Anyways I scored as the Indie subculture and it suits me well! I'm fond of obscure bands and generally hate the mainstream! But of course there are a couple exceptions to hating the mainstream such as the iPod!

QuoteBut enough about that.... -v-

*hugs Aurora*

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for making Apple I-tan!  ^v^
We can now say that the AppleOS lineage now officially has a mother.  ^___^
You're welcome! But isn't it odd that a Mac user like me made a Windows 1-tan rendition way before the Apple I-tan? And the fact I made a ZUNE-TAN?! 0__0

QuoteAnd did I mention she looks like my beloved Sui-sama?  ^.^
Excellent in all respects,... it fills me with joy to know that it's her picture that graces Apple II-tan's locket.  ^.^
(incidentally, despite my only rendition of her looking very "farmer"-like with her hair tied in braided pigtails, II-tan does in fact have very long hair like I-tan).  ^__^
Good! That's kinda what I was going for! :D Appearance-wise, she looks a bit like Suiseiseki (and also a little bit personality-wise too back when she was a trouble-maker!), personality-wise she is generally quiet-natured like Souseseki but also artistic like HinaIchigo. Of course I also made her look sorta like Apple ][-tan with her hair down too for obvious reasons.

QuoteAnd I added this into my gallery a few days ago but... Here's a chibi Linux XP-tan!

Awww yeah,.... she'd be able to successfully infiltrate the Windows Family if not for those flippers.  ^^'
Very cute, but yeah I don't remember seeing her in the uploaded stuff.  Maybe I confused her with the other rendition you did (with Free-chan and Lin-chan?].  '__'
Heheheh... darn flippers! But yes, I actually like the flippers! And if you don't remember seeing the chibi Linux XP-tan, that's normal as I uploaded it to the gallery first before presenting!