Aurora's got an OS-tan art thread! Wait... what?!

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 01, 2006, 10:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kami-Tux

QuoteBack in the 80's, most companies turned down Amiga as a viable work computer because the figured a "mouse" was too childish a tool for a professional work environment. ^^;
oh how times changed! and now people think Vista can be used for professional work. *hides in its shell*

Very cute OS-tans however! Also the two distros! they are really good!

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

C-Chan

QuoteBut if I'm able to do that, my technique must be improving, right? ^^

You got that right, sista!  ^v^
Best part is that you will inevitably improve more, so I'm very excited to see how your work will look a year from now.  ^__^

QuoteMaybe you like her a lot better in this new rendition because in her first chibi renditions she had weird coincedental resemblance to Tails the fox!  (*giggles from remembering that*)

Oh right, forgot about that reference.  ^.^
Speaking of which, I recently bought Sonic and the Secret Rings and love it to bits, but the multiplayer I somehow love the most (probably cause I never got to play with any characters beyond Sonic, Tails and Knux).  Playing with Tails brought back some good memories, but I seem to have become an Amy fan overnight.  ^__^'
Probably helps that they kept the Japanese VAs as an audio option.  ^.^

I'm alovin' ma Wii!  ^V^

QuoteAnd the earrings and other jewelry she has are fashioned from paper clips (probably really huge, thick paper clips -_-. Reference to Clippy the paper clip, another infamous mascot by MS)

Don't you mean the "infernal" mascot by M$?  I usually give that critter hell before I hide it from my work computers.  `v'
Didn't realize that twisted metal beast was that old, though.  ^__^

Really?! Well, if it weren't for some bold OS pioneers taking the risk of being childish for using a mouse, then we probably wouldn't have OSes with GUI's! But then again that was back in the 80's and the only other computers that I know of that had mice back then were the ones from Apple.

Right, Macs did originally have mice before the Amiga.
Actually, Lisa used a mouse before Mac did,... and like all good things, Lisa was inspired by the Xerox Star's use of a mouse device (since mice-like devices were first developed earlier for the large Xerox workstations).  What businesses wanted in the Amiga, though, was a powerful and relatively cost-effective all-in-one device, and in that respect the Amiga delivered and then some.  But since the norm was still command lines and monochrome monitors (even Micorsoft employees were tortured with Xenix systems, even while they were selling Windows 2.0 out to their customers), many of the ahead-of-its-time features seemed unnecessary, and certainly its more user-friendly aspects were considered potentially counterproductive (for example, built-in games and mice).

*gasp*  Heaven-forbid them darn employees have access to solitaire!!  @o@

Ironically, you can thank Microsoft (and its good ol' fashioned arm-twisting) for prying open these cloistered companies and letting modern personal computers dominate the scene....

Quoteoh how times changed! and now people think Vista can be used for professional work. *hides in its shell*

....naturally, they've gone a bit overboard lately, so it's about time for a change of "scenery".  Prior to the launch my company was quite adamant about migrating to Vista, but since has agreed to take a VERY LONG TIME to evaluate the decision in light of security and cost issues.  Hopefully by then RedHat or Novell will have capitalized on this by creating their best business-friendly distributions to date.  They may not be the friendliest distributions, but Linux is Linux, so any kind of exposure is good.  ^^

BTW, Aurora-sama, I'm working on a motivational Pu-related item for you.  Should have it ready soon (including the source file)!  ^.^

Aurora Borealis

Yay! Glad to know that I'm improving! Hehehehe... I remember a couple years ago I drew a picture I was really proud of and thought it was totally the best picture I have ever drawn and my art style would stay the same but as I look back on that, I was like "I drew like THAT back then?!" ^^

Actually I don't know how long Clippy has been around but I decided to incorporate paper clips into BOB-tan's design because MS BOB and Clippy are two of the most infamous things by M$!

I've been busy the past few days getting as much OS-tan stuff done as I could.

Here's part of one! I thought Freespire-tan looked so cool and I felt like I had to draw her right away! :D Also includes a scallion-wielding big sister-O!

C-Chan

QuoteYay! Glad to know that I'm improving! Hehehehe... I remember a couple years ago I drew a picture I was really proud of and thought it was totally the best picture I have ever drawn and my art style would stay the same but as I look back on that, I was like "I drew like THAT back then?!" ^^

I suppose it'd be too much to ask if we could take a peak?  ^.^

QuoteI've been busy the past few days getting as much OS-tan stuff done as I could. Got to work on 2 new pages of zerOSanity and a couple new pictures!

Awesome!  ^v^
That "much OS-tan stuff" does include what I think it includes, ne?  ^___^

QuoteHere's part of one! I thought Freespire-tan looked so cool and I felt like I had to draw her right away!  Also includes a crazy, scallion-wielding big sister-O!

That's a pretty setup -- and clearly you're much more efficient in vector sketching than I am (I've been awfully slow with that lately).  ^^;

While Linspire-tan is the veteran (albeit rare) canon OS-tan, from the looks of it I can see Freespire-chan climbing up in the ranks of /C-chan's favorites!  ^.^

It's just gotta be the wave-shaped pigtails.  ^____^

Crazy thought,... ^v^;
Since the wave does look like an inverted bird, suppose she could fly with those things a la Chiyo-chan?  ^____^;

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "C-Chan"
QuoteYay! Glad to know that I'm improving! Hehehehe... I remember a couple years ago I drew a picture I was really proud of and thought it was totally the best picture I have ever drawn and my art style would stay the same but as I look back on that, I was like "I drew like THAT back then?!" ^^

I suppose it'd be too much to ask if we could take a peak?  ^.^
The picture in question I ended up deleting a long while ago -_-
But I know I have some drawings from back then and I drew cats (which I thought looked okay and actually my style for drawing cats hasn't changed too drastically since then) and people a lot but my attempts at drawing people back then was teh awful!

QuoteI've been busy the past few days getting as much OS-tan stuff done as I could. Got to work on 2 new pages of zerOSanity and a couple new pictures!

Awesome!  ^v^
That "much OS-tan stuff" does include what I think it includes, ne?  ^___^
Yup. Got some work done on that too!

QuoteHere's part of one! I thought Freespire-tan looked so cool and I felt like I had to draw her right away!  Also includes a crazy, scallion-wielding big sister-O!

That's a pretty setup -- and clearly you're much more efficient in vector sketching than I am (I've been awfully slow with that lately).  ^^;
Thanks! But I uhh... 'cheat' a lot now that I know nearly all the shortcuts! ^^

Sadness.. It's a bummer that you've been slow with that lately but it's okay to take your time although I do indeed miss back when you drew chibis on a regular basis!

While Linspire-tan is the veteran (albeit rare) canon OS-tan, from the looks of it I can see Freespire-chan climbing up in the ranks of /C-chan's favorites!  ^.^

It's just gotta be the wave-shaped pigtails.  ^____^

Crazy thought,... ^v^;
Since the wave does look like an inverted bird, suppose she could fly with those things a la Chiyo-chan?  ^____^;
Oooh! That would be cool! Must... doodle... flying Freespire-tan! :D

And she also is climbing up the ranks of my favorite OS-tans too!

Bella

AWESOME! Beautiful work as always, Aurora!  ;010

Can't wait to see the new zerOSanity pages :D
Yay! Glad to know that I'm improving! Hehehehe... I remember a couple years ago I drew a picture I was really proud of and thought it was totally the best picture I have ever drawn and my art style would stay the same but as I look back on that, I was like "I drew like THAT back then?!" ^^

I know the feeling...not so much with my OS-tans (Which I'm still pretty new to), but with my sketches and photography...

Tsubashi

Seconded, though I do believe it's Aurora-chan! (Right?)

Oh, and sorry for the short post. I love your art, but work calleth T_T
I promise I'll be back to write a more heartfelt comment and what not! ^__^
-Tsu

C-Chan

QuoteAWESOME! Beautiful work as always, Aurora!  

QuoteGood Work!
Aurora-Kun. ^^

That is still a vector sketch y'all, so hope you have enough applause for when the final product is finished cause you're gonna need it.  ^____^

QuoteSeconded, though I do believe it's Aurora-chan! (Right?)

Well,... according to some discussion I once heard at the Lion's Den, -kun (as in Juzo-kun) isn't necessarily restricted to boys, just like "-chan" isn't necessarily restricted to girls.  But it still sounds weird and I can only believe 1/4 of what they say anyway since they hardly command respect,... so I second that.  Aurora-chan at least, Aurora-sama at most.  ^.^

Now that you think about it, between Aurora, Kami-Tux and Bella, our most productive artists happen to be girls.  ^__^
And it's possible there might be a 4th, although that'd have to be investigated....  ^.^

Bella

QuoteNow that you think about it, between Aurora, Kami-Tux and Bella, our most productive artists happen to be girls. ^__^
And it's possible there might be a 4th, although that'd have to be investigated.... ^.^

Girl power!!!

QuoteThat is still a vector sketch y'all, so hope you have enough applause for when the final product is finished cause you're gonna need it. ^____^

Can't wait to see it all finished :) But it surely is off to a great start  ;019

C-Chan

QuoteGirl power!!!

'Tis nothing,... cause this here pig's equipped with PU POWER!!!  ^v^

Bow before the Peerless Power of Pu!!!  Â¯v¯

Oooookay....

Two things.... ^__^

1)  Who's that pretty lady in your avatar?  Looks almost like NT-tan.  ^.^

2)  Both you and Aurora need art galleries to store your pictures, but haven't set them up yet.  Why so shy?  ^___^

Bella

Quote1) Who's that pretty lady in your avatar? Looks almost like NT-tan. ^.^

That is she ;) Found this pic on the last page of NT gallery.

Quote2) Both you and Aurora need art galleries to store your pictures, but haven't set them up yet. Why so shy? ^___^

I sort of wondered the same thing, Aurora...But as for myself, I'm not sure how... ;018

C-Chan

*cough cough*  Seems it's now time for /C-chan to spring into action.  ^___^

Oh Pu-sama, lend me your strength!  ^v^

*Puma-chan whines*

Strength transfer complete.  ^____^

But I'm also feeling a bit lazy, so how about I just repost what I wrote to Infinity-san once, and simply update the examples to account for your name/stuff.  ^.^

===============================================================

When you Upload to the normal picture folders, like these:

Your pictures must wait until the Administrator approves them. He usually does this only when he has time, since he's very busy AND lots of people submit tons of pictures to him every day. So posting it that way may take up to a week or more for the pictures to display!! @o@;

====================

But,... /C-chan has a quick solution for you! ^.^

====================

Click on the My Gallery Link on top, and you'll be directed to the User Galleries. Then, click on the "Create/Order My Albums".

You've now created a Bella Folder in the User Gallery, where you'll be free to post anything you want at any time!! ^v^

In the Album Manager, you are going to create the names of the folders you want created. For example, below I made two folders in my album: one for my scrap art, and the other where I store my finished pictures.

You, I guess, would make an OSX folder to store your OSX-tans in (remember, Pu-chan gets priority.... ^^), as well as a Linux-tan to post all the Linuces you've created (Freespire-tan!  ^v^).  

Once you're done, hit "Apply Modifications" to create the folder. ^.^

That way, when you go to the 'Upload File' menu again, your personal folders will appear on top!

Select them to upload the pictures to any of your folders, and when they're done, the pictures will be loaded instantly!! ^v^

Then we can all enjoy your artwork any time. ^______^

Hope this helped. ^v^

NewYinzer

Wow...I never knew that! That gives me an idea...

*tries to find OS-tan card collection*

Bella

Thanks C-Chan! Aurora, you need to get an album too :D