Aurora's got an OS-tan art thread! Wait... what?!

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 01, 2006, 10:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewYinzer

Very nice Ms. Borealis! I hope that we will get to see her in comics in the future!

Tsubashi

Sugoi, Aurora-sama! You are so kind!!!

Love it! Did you use inkscape?
-Tsu

Aurora Borealis

Glad you like it! Yeah, I used Inkscape to draw it (I'm using Inkscape more often now that it hasn't crashed at all in a while!) but I do the shading in Photoshop. BTW, is it okay if she were to appear in zerOSanity? And if so what do you think her role would be?

Tsubashi

QuoteBTW, is it okay if she were to appear in zerOSanity? And if so what do you think her role would be?

I would be absolutely honored! Though C-Chan put a lot of work in too, so you should probably ask him too (I'm sure he'll be fine)

Added after 2 minutes:

As for role... I don't know!
Newton-chan is a bit of an intellectual, and is very up-to-date (representing her loyal userbase coding new software + good expandability). She works hard to makes herself perfect due to her inferiority complex (Since Apple discontinued her).
-Tsu

C-Chan

Aurora, she's beautiful,... I mean seriously, I don't want to explain why, but I cried happily when I saw it.  Please keep improving, Aurora,... I've been treated to the kind of wonderful things you really can do, and I want you to continue for as long as you can.  ^__^

I'll talk more tomorrow, I promise.
Also, I promise I'll get to our "other thing" tomorrow too.  Baka C-chan can never seem to get anything done within schedule anymore.  ;^__^;

CaptBrenden

btw, i havent checked your Dev art recently, but you havent been posting announcements for new zerOSanity on here that ive seen.. are you to page 34 wit 3.1sama yet?
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Aurora Borealis

Sadly I'm still not even done with page 30 yet ;__;

However I'm mostly done with p.30-33 and about halfway done with p.34 and that's the first page I've started drawing in Inkscape! Yes, I find working with vector graphics easier for me and the fact that the coloring and lineart processes are done at the same time oughta save me time and get more done in a day! :D

CaptBrenden

-_- this makes me sad.. i liked how your old method looked
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Kami-Tux

I like A/UX! And Newton-tan as well, but Unices... well, I prefer them!

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

C-Chan

But A/UX is a Unix-tan, no?
Or more like Unix-like?  '___'

QuoteThat all sounds good! She does also strike me as a wanderer type too. But she did manage to take getting fired from Apple strangely well though 0__0 SHE'S SO FORGIVING! Hahaha... "visit the 'kids'"! But a lot of them are older than her though! I think. How old is A/UX? I actually don't know ;__;

She's appeared in the beginning of 1988, so she's just shy older than System 6-tan.  And since to date she can't see System 5-tan and all the other Mac-tans at the time were child-types (OS4-tan is only 4'4", no?), it just seemed natural to her to call them "kids" still.  Now it's worse since the majority of Mac-tans are way younger than her by now.  ^.^

Since she's a Unix-type, how about making her very very strong?  I can sorta picture her wrestling on an even footing with a certain Terminator gal -- surely that would've been a fun pastime for them back in the day.  ^.^

BTW, speaking of old stuff, a preconcept for Apple I-tan finally came to me in a vision.  ^__^
It's actually a little bit on a sad side, and without flashbacks or Leopard-tan's time traveling abilities, it'd be impossible to depict her in anything.  But at least for sure it would complete the entire major Apple product line full circle..... -.-

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "C-Chan"But A/UX is a Unix-tan, no?
Or more like Unix-like?  '___'

QuoteThat all sounds good! She does also strike me as a wanderer type too. But she did manage to take getting fired from Apple strangely well though 0__0 SHE'S SO FORGIVING! Hahaha... "visit the 'kids'"! But a lot of them are older than her though! I think. How old is A/UX? I actually don't know ;__;

She's appeared in the beginning of 1988, so she's just shy older than System 6-tan.  And since to date she can't see System 5-tan and all the other Mac-tans at the time were child-types (OS4-tan is only 4'4", no?), it just seemed natural to her to call them "kids" still.  Now it's worse since the majority of Mac-tans are way younger than her by now.  ^.^
Wow! A/UX is older than I thought! (knew it was around during the days of System 7 because the A/UX screenshot I've seen on Wakachan looks like 7's GUI. But A/UX actually being slightly older than System 6.... I wouldn't have guessed!) Yes, System 4-tan is only 4'4 (she originally was going to be the shortest but then I thought System 1-tan being 4'1, System 2-tan 4'2, System 3-tan 4'3.... would be a cool pattern so yeah....)

BTW, how tall should A/UX-tan be?

Since she's a Unix-type, how about making her very very strong?  I can sorta picture her wrestling on an even footing with a certain Terminator gal -- surely that would've been a fun pastime for them back in the day.  ^.^
*pictures that* That sounds fun! :D Ah, a little friendly competition? ^^

BTW, speaking of old stuff, a preconcept for Apple I-tan finally came to me in a vision.  ^__^
It's actually a little bit on a sad side, and without flashbacks or Leopard-tan's time traveling abilities, it'd be impossible to depict her in anything.  But at least for sure it would complete the entire major Apple product line full circle..... -.-

Could draw her in an old-style picture. I could picture her being a hippie, fond of crafts, woodworking and wooden accessories (The Apple I was a kit computer that had to be assembled and the most famous Apple I has a nicely-crafted wooden exterior)

C-Chan

As always, the great Aurora-sama is in perfect sync with the brainstorming session.  ^__^

Speaking of which, hope you got you know what.... ^__~

QuoteBTW, how tall should A/UX-tan be?

Hmmm,... well she wasn't exactly the most powerful Unix-type in her day, so she can't be too big.  But certainly wouldn't have been a pushover either,... 5'8"/9" sounds about right for someone of her build.  Plus it makes it easier for her to smother the "kids", at least most of them.  -v-

Quote*pictures that* That sounds fun!  Ah, a little friendly competition? ^^

Naturally, naturally,... kind of like the crazy pastime one would engage in with a crazy relative.  ^__^

QuoteCould draw her in an old-style picture. I could picture her being a hippie, fond of crafts, woodworking and wooden accessories (The Apple I was a kit computer that had to be assembled and the most famous Apple I has a nicely-crafted wooden exterior)

Took the words right out of my mouth... well most of them anyway.  ^v^
Yes, emphasis should be on wood, and wood-working can be her trade.  And yes, she would be quite open-minded, seeing as how (in a world dominated by technocratic OS-tans) she dreamed that one day "personal computers" would be available to everyone.

One thing though I would like to add, though, is that I'd like to double-back on what I said earlier about Barbie Linux-tan, and maybe entertain the thought of having Apple I-tan be a living doll (a la Rozen Maiden).  Cute and small, but with obvious limitations, tempered only by a Pinocchio-like wish to have a real child someday.  -v-

Alfamille

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"A Yellow Dog-tan? I guess I could try my luck at drawing one. *adds to "List of OS-tans/related characters to draw" list*

Please do!!!  ;010  I really like to see some YDL-tan!

Nice one on the A/UX-tan! I like how you style it with the sportswear outfit! Maybe she could hold a tennis rack or something. If only waka....well.

About your rendition of Newton-tan. You got the wings right and fit for your style in making Newton-san.

What can I say more to our mac princess Aurora? Just like C said...you got better on both fashion sense and its characteristics!

Aurora Borealis

Response to C-Chan's last post: Yeah, 5'8 or 5'9 would be good for A/UX-tan! Because she considers all the Mac-tans her 'kids' because the ones that are older than her are considerably shorter than her and the ones that are taller are younger than her! ^^

And Apple I-tan being like a Rozen Maiden = Awesome! Because that would suit her well and because I like RM! :D

------------

And btw, Alfamille: Ye ask and ye shall recieve!!

Here's Yellow Dog Linux-tan! It was hard making a design for her that didn't look too much like MS BOB-tan's (because no one wants to be associated with her, right? ^^) but I think I succeeded! Appearance is partly inspired by Yellow from "Pokémon Special".

Consideres Inu-T a rival, gets along very well with OS-tans whose OSes can run PowerPC processors. Is also sort of a gamer. Anything else to add on?

C-Chan

QuoteAnd Apple I-tan being like a Rozen Maiden = Awesome! Because that would suit her well and because I like RM!

I'll try my hand at a sketch soon.  ^__^
For no other reason than to preserve the memory of my vision else I forget about it later.  ^v^'

And as for YellowDoggy-chan,......... I'll let Amiga-san speak for me.... ^__^

Wow!  3 at once!   She loves it, as do I!  ^.^

Definitely second her rivalry to Inu-T (especially since she's been around for a few years as well), her closeness to PowerPC OS-tans (she and MOS-chan/Amiga-san would be good friends), and is perhaps one of the few individuals in the world who likes the PS3 (cause she can run on it!  ^.^')

I'd probably add that she can whip out a retractable bone as her "spear", and she has a fervent "Big Sister" complex with Puppy Linux-chan.  ^.^