Aurora's got an OS-tan art thread! Wait... what?!

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 01, 2006, 10:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kami-Tux

Quote from: "infinity_zero"My OS-Tan Style is..

SCNR

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

C-Chan

Quotesee? XD Im only offensive to people who know Im joking T_T

Yeah, that's right, you run!  `v'
Course, now that you have DOSKitty 3.1sama, it's hard to take you seriously.  Maybe if you had that instead of the sword wielding berserker, I'd have LMAO'd.  -v-

WAI!!!!!!!  MINI KAMI-TUX!!!!  FANTASTIC WORK, OH GREAT PENGUIN GOD!!!!!!!!!!  ^V^

Come to think of it, other OS-tans will have to join in the Infinity Zero VisionÃ,© Campaign.  -v-

Plan 9-tan comes to mind, but so does a few things for Aurora-sama as well.   ^^

infinity_zero

C-Chan

Finished another one.  ^___^

It really would be great to have a central thread to collect all Infinity Zero VisionÃ,© pics.  ^^

Don't forget to post your Mini Mcafee-tan too.  ^v^

Aurora Borealis

I've been reluctant to say this for the fear of angering someone but this thread is getting off-topic and I haven't been responding to this one for a while because I've been wanting this thread to die in peace now -__- (at least until I'm ready to bring it back to life with lots of new stuff)

C-Chan

Oh no no no, don't make this thread die.  @.@
We worked so hard to bring it up to 26 pages!  ^___^;

Added after 32 seconds:

(BTW, stand by for the SVG,... having trouble accessing Yahoo,... I hate not having webspace anymore... X___X')

Tsubashi

QuoteFinished another one. ^___^
Sugoi! That's a cool idea, using Thurosis-sama's Idea of a wiki podium! ^__^
Speaking of Thurosis, where is he? ?_?
*Glances around the forum*

Quotebut this thread is getting off-topic

Well, it's not entirely off topic! We still are discussing new OS-tan drawings...We just sorta dropped the first word! ^^'

QuoteOh no no no, don't make this thread die. @.@
We worked so hard to bring it up to 26 pages! ^___^;

Which I just barely finished reading, mind you! (So...Many...Posts!)
Though I think I might have skipped a page somewhere so... -_-'
-Tsu

C-Chan

QuoteSugoi! That's a cool idea, using Thurosis-sama's Idea of a wiki podium! ^__^
Speaking of Thurosis, where is he? ?_?
*Glances around the forum*

Naturally, naturally,... all good deeds to C-chan do not go unrewarded by C-chan.  ^.^
I recall how much I fawned over the renditions of Amiga-tan by Aurora and Kami-Tux, or of OS/2-tan by Sleepy, Darknight, Aurora, Kami-Tux....  My, what memories.  ^^

QuoteWhich I just barely finished reading, mind you! (So...Many...Posts!)
Though I think I might have skipped a page somewhere so... -_-'

I think I know what Aurora-sama is getting it, but it's still futile.  -v-
Short of asking the Captain to look it, this thread is hereby immortal.  ^____^
All her treasures are stored here... even if we have to necropost, we won't let it get forgotten!  ^0^

That does remind me, though,... how come you've never opened your own personal gallery, Aurora-sama?  '___'

Aurora Borealis

Hmm... I dunno. I was probably too shy to ask (I need to do that first, right?) or too lazy or both! ^^;

But I got some more wiki avis done!

Barbie Linux-tan! To refresh people's memories, she's a supermodel and beautician, very charming and girly-girl. Her height is 7'3, based off the Barbie doll's proportions if they were lifesize!

TinfoilHat Linux-tan. She's the hysterically paranoid girl with a tinfoil hat, has top-notch defensive tactics (such as electrical force fields) and fears lots of people but does not fear hackers. Oddly enough her personality changes drastically when she doesn't have her hat! (she loses her fear and paranoia when that happens!)

Macintosh System 2-tan. She's very wise and witty (and "1984"-inspired like System 1-tan); speaks Newspeak, Oldspeak (which is standard English) and Duckspeak, carries a Newspeak-to-Oldspeak dictionary with her as well as a duck puppet (sort of a visual pun on the Duckspeak) which she uses to make lectures more interesting! Also introduced the Shut Down feature to the Mac OS.

And here's Macintosh System 4-tan! Actually C-Chan drew this but I converted it to Wiki avi form! System 4-tan is very cheerful and tomboyish, likes ice cream, and is the first Mac-tan to have multitasking capabilities (Heheheh... I actually didn't know that at first! I thought multitasking was introduced in System 7! Well, at least automatic multitasking was... ^^; )

C-Chan

GYAAAAHAHAYY!!!!  NOW THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!!  ^V^

AURORA-SAMA, now I'm utterly speechless!  ^v^
Not only are these amazing, but it's almost akin to breaking the sound barrier!  ^___^

And you even brought my girlfriend,... er, I mean Barbie Linux-san with you.  ^.^;

Interestingly-enough, I like System 2-tan the most of all (and this is including OS4, even with the bias factor intact).  She's bursting with emotion, clarity, and cuteness, and it bodes extremely well for the future of Aurora-sama's art direction!!!  ^.^

I need say no more....  -v-

These ----> Wiki ----> Upload -----> Now!  ^v^

*runs off to upload avi's*

Aurora Borealis

Glad you like them! Also I drew the System 2-tan one successfully in Inkscape! However the others I did in Photoshop out of the fear of Inkscape crashing on me again and losing all my progress on whatever I was working on. (and I mean all my progress! There are some svg's I can't open ;__; )

I guess when using Inkscape, I will transfer my work to Photoshop when about half-done and finish there and save extra often!

C-Chan

*sound of pride splitting in two*  

Gaaah!  XvX'
Yeah, we sorta went over why that might be the case in private, in case anyone else is wondering.  ^^;

[whispering] (You didn't tell me about the SVGs that won't open, though,... send them to me and I might be able to take a look to see what's wrong.  '__')

Saving often in Inkscape is still good practice for anyone else interested, since they haven't added the auto-save feature yet.  Though it may be good, it's still a beta.  Heck, even on Linux it will have issues here and there (though not as often).  ^^'

Tsubashi

Sweet Aurora-sama! I'm sorry you're having trouble with inkscape!
Gomen! I'm a little pressed for time or I'd give a better comment on them ^^'

Added after 3 hours 8 minutes:

Okay! Now I have a little more time... ^^;

Let see, what was I going to say...
Oh Yeah! The backgrounds, they're amazing! They look so cool, especially TinfoilHat-tan's!

So, what's left?
Hmmm...

GEM-tan
Mandriva-tan
QNX-tan
Slackware-tan
Solaris-tan
System Software 5-tan
--Oops! There are more, but once again I'm out of time ^^'
Great Job with the Avi's! Keep up the good work!
-Tsu

Aurora Borealis

Luckily I've had no Inkscape problems for 2 days! However I save my progress often along with a copy in a format Photoshop can read so in case another crash were to happen and I lose all progress on Inkscape, I'll still be able to work on it in Photoshop!

Got more wiki avis done! And now all the Mac-tans have wiki avis!

Macintosh System 5-tan, the Phantom of the Macintosh! (obviously "Phantom of the Opera"-inspired!) She is invisible to most and her existance is said to be only an urban legend as technically there is no System 5. (Yeah, Apple did 'skip' from System 4.2 to 6! No, I do not exactly know why! But there is a System Software 5 which for those that don't remember: System 4.2 + Finder 6.0 but there is no actual System 5. Yes, I was confused by that at first! Is that one of her tricks?) She's a phantom, magician, fortune teller, organ-player and takes advantage of her invisibility to most to be a very sneaky prankster and is most fond of causing trouble! Be careful, you could be her next victim! ;006

Hey... Where did this 'Kick Me' sign on my backside come from?! 0__o

OW!

Macintosh System 6-tan. She's a psycho (all Mac-tans are psycho in some way!), bazooka-wielding terminator girl, and is considered the defender of the Mac House! Uses the phrase "BIG DEAL!" a lot, is very tough and aggressive (she evev strikes fear into the OSX-kuns! However she is actually a very nice girl at heart but that side of her personality is rarely seen) and may be a bit scatterbrained at times. (hey, artificial intelligence has only came so far!)

OSX Server-tan/Rhapsody-tan! She's a friendly girl but tends to cause a lot of trouble especially considering that she is cursed with perpetual drunkness (that varies greatly) and tends to do insane stuff in drunken stupor. But when not affected by that, she drives a yellow boxcar (reference to the foundation that Rhapsody is built on- Yellow Box) and also gives out bottles of apple cider! And what's very odd that she is older than Sonata/Mac OS 9-tan! (Apparently Mac OS 9 was about to be skipped so Apple could get to OSX more quickly! Luckily they didn't do that because I don't think they could get away with 'skipping' OSes twice!)

C-Chan

Ah,.. ah,... ah... ah.........................  *v*

*swoons*

Oh btw, get version 0.45 of Inkscape!!!  ^0^

*swoons again*

That way, you can just reopen the SVGs if the program ever crashes again....

*swoons*

...If it does, cause .45 fixes many stability issues.  Nonetheless, saving often is good,....  ^^

*swoons*

I so love Rhapsody-tan in this take,... she's so cute, I need insulin shots!  ^v^
OS6-tan looks like she just let someone slip by the house's defenses (hint hint... ^^'), and OS5-tan definitely looks like she's cooking with fiya!  ^v^

(btw, what's in her hand?)

*swoons*